About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

SUNDAY #2757

One Of My Very Own…



ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com



First let's explore some of the things the internet has to say about the news of the day.






Go back and watch the dark car on the far left that was having none of this bullshit. That would be me.

The question the world is asking right now.














Twitter Takes No Action As Calls For Cop-Killing Sweep Platform.



Smart man.

>
This guy died and I had never heard of him.

He led an extraordinarily good life. You might want to research him yourself.

>

With all the shit you are exposed to all day every day, you should keep in mind that we now live in the safest time in human history.

>


>
I have a new quip for my label maker...


>
Please Note: I got this in my email. My blog is set up so that I have to approve a comment before it is uploaded to my blog.
That one never stood a chance. I don't really care what it is, I'm not clicking on anything unless you prove to me you are really a viewer and not a computer or spammer. Sorry, but just add something...anything...that will let me know you are legit.



>
Nicholas Cage is the same character in every movie he makes, except Face off where he was John Travolta.

>
Back before OSHA...or photoshop...

How much must he have been paid?

>
Why handcuffs are so easy to pick...


>

I watched a documentary on Christianity and it said that the early Christian church considered Jesus being tortured and killed by the Romans an embarrassment. So they reworked it into something noble. You can see that in the church art that had very few cross scenes prior to about 1300.

>
Dear god, y'all...


Just do it.


Speaking of depressing street art...




>
What’s it called when you have decided to stop eating cold turkey sandwiches?

>

Left handed people have to push their pencil. The rest of us pull the point. For this reason it is very difficult for them to use those ultra-thin lead mechanical pencils. Or so I'm told.

>
Astronauts' last words...


Of course the Soviet Union put out a report that had it much, much different, because no one wanted to embarrass Leonid Brezhnev, leader of the Soviet Union.

Does NASA just make shit up?


>
His face says it all...


It may look vile, but here are the ingredients:


>
Game Time: What is this man about to do and what will happen. Take as long as you like.

Scroll for visual answer.

>
You know, I will have to admit that having every move of every person being filmed probably reduces crime, but at what costs?

Do you really want the government knowing exactly what every citizen is doing?

Try this on for size: A man decides to run against the county sheriff but lo and behold pictures of him leaving a bar with a woman not his wife are leaked to the press. See what I mean?

Oh, you never do anything you would be embarrassed of if shown publicly? Then you have lived a very boring life.

>
Khmer Rouge

I wonder how many people know about what happened in Cambodia in the early 70s. Those guys make Nazis seem like amateurs.

>
Here's Chairboy...


>
Young people wonder why they weren't taught life skills in high school.

I think it's because they simply don't have time...and it's not on the standardized tests.

>
European riot cop using non-lethal round

What the hell is he doing out there all alone anyway?

>

It's true, you know...both ways.

>
Okay, I'm impressed...


>
This is silly, of course, but I feel compelled to post anything that took this much effort.


>
"Hi, I want to get a tattoo to express my individuality. Do you mind if I look through this book of tattoos you've done for other people?"

>
This is for my daughter.


>
I was once asked why the ingredients "decided" to form DNA. My response was that that is just what those ingredients do. It's like putting a Mento in a Diet Coke. It's just what it does.

That reminded me of the double helix.

>
Something I didn't know...



>






It's called a bar and I'll met you there around 3:30 pm any goddamn day of the week.

>

But I think the oyster in the photo features cultured pearls. They take little plastic spheres, inserts them in the oyster, then wait for it to get a few layers of nacre on it.

>
That a minute to tell me what you would tell you child if they asked you why this happens.

Did you say because the submerged skin absorbs water? Did you say because the water removed all the oil? Well...no. The skin on your arm or stomach doesn't do that. The fingers are unique. You have to grip stuff with your hand whether you are in water or not. Those wrinkles are an evolutionary adaptation to help you hold stuff in water.

>

Oh, yeah? I've noticed that when people say, "We are survivors," it usually means that they made some really, really bad decisions but somehow nobody died...luckily.

>
This is the exercise tape that could get some traction...


>
How bad can one of my posts get? Try this one...


>
People’s Army


>

My daughter spent many months in the city where all that happened. Even toured his tomb. He could have been their George Washington.

>


DISCLAIMER: I do not think Australia is a hair ball. I like Australia, but it just happens to be where the hairball would go.

>
Hey, y'all, it's time to get banned in Russia again!


>
"Told you so," your intuition. 

>

Now THAT is a conversation starter.

>
My father told me something about roads like this.

He said they design unnecessary turns in highways to reduce boredom and to help keep drivers awake. And he was an Engineer so...

>
I am impressed.


>
Don't like inspirational quotes? How about this...


>
I've just discovered that I'm able to count all my teeth using just my tongue.

>


Just reminding you that the internet lies about all religions...






I would have added "religion".

No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive