About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Monday, July 11, 2016

MONDAY #2758

One Of My Very Own…



ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com





Linda Ronstadt, the woman with the voice of an angel.

Under African Skies/ Paul Simon with Linda Ronstadt

>
We all need to know more about this man...seriously...



>

Too soon?
>
This is what an unarmed man with kids in the car can do very quickly...

>
FUCK FRANCE! FUCK GAMBLING ON A HEAVY FAVORITE! FUCK THE EIFEL TOWER! FUCK NAPOLEON! FUCK HEAVY CREAM SAUCES ON MEAT! AND FUCK JULIA CHILD!



>
Kismet: Fate, destiny.
I really like that word, but I always thought it referred to something on the lucky side; serendipity.

>
Just a reminder to stay very alert when traveling.

Chances are it won't be you to do something stupid.

>
The Dutch Goalkeeper CIWS with the GAU-8/A Gatling gun as found in an A10.

As I understand it, the super-duper radar allows this thing to literally fill the path of incoming cruise missiles, air to ship missiles, and, of course, aircraft with projectiles, then allows the threat to fly into them.
But I do not understand why the spent cartridges aren't expelled on the deck.

>
This mango has a sticker which tells you what color is the best tasting level of ripeness.


>
Australian Cricket umpire

Looks rather serious, don't he?

>


I'm assuming that the American string at the bottom are due to our nuclear weapons production...but that's only a guess.
And in case you were wondering, the yellow entries read as such:

Those ancients were some wily somebitches.

>
What must each think?

And our norms aren't any better or worse than anybody else's. It was all just made up by people we have never met, for reasons nobody understands. Like how men have to not only wear the same size neck ties, but tie them all with the same knot. It is all so very, very arbitrary. And remember, American male top money makers are expected to wear a T-shirt, a shirt and a fucking jacket NO MATTER HOW HOT IT IS OUTSIDE!! And somehow we have convinced the whole world to follow our lead.

>
Flight paths of airplanes during a thunderstorm into the busiest airport in the world (ATL)

I watched something very similar to that showing the airport in London. All of the sudden two dots just appeared in the ocean and flew in crazy paths in a small area. I deduced that they came off an aircraft carrier and were practicing dog fighting.

>



That is called the Erlenmeyer flask. While in the process of explaining the above to a kitchen manager at my bar, after I described it, he said, "You mean the Erlenmeyer flask." I was impressed.
I am often impressed over the people with low paying jobs who actually are very smart. I fear that the combination of high college debt and slim post-graduate job markets keep these people from fulfilling their true potential. I'm not saying that managing a kitchen is child's play, but I can attest to the real brains hiding inside these people....and that saddens me.

>
I find it sexy when my wife eats so much that she has to lie down in the restaurant.

>

And yet again I am going to implore you to plant some trees. It is very satisfying...rewarding even. Knowing that that magnificent specimen will out live you is both rather humbling and exhilarating.

>

Let's take wrestling in school. If every kid got a trophy, why would anyone bust their ass? Fun?
I think not.
I have seen the dismal results of a "No One Is A Loser" philosophy to play at our Field Day at the end of the year. When it was mere "activities" there was absolutely no enthusiasm. But you introduce competition and the kids become alert, alive and attentive.
I have a theory, and here it is. This Everyone Gets A Trophy bullshit was created by people who had never won anything in their life. But in my opinion it is not about the winning...we all knew that everyone couldn't win, but rather the idea that we COULD win. Take that away and what do you have....dismal boredom.

>

That was for all you parents out there.

>


Just something else to worry about...

But wouldn't reading a book do the same damn thing? Or knitting? Or writing a book?
I predict, without any evidence of any kind, that teenagers with "Text Neck" never read many books and never worked really hard on a computer...thus their never used neck muscles were experiencing something alien.

>
This guy has done this before...

I would think the first thing he needs to do with that thing is scrap a slip, into which he can store the devise in the proper position.

>
Dorothy IV From 'Twister' Will Be Auctioned

They only expect a few thousand (like 3) dollars!

>

How about all those cardinals who he shipped off to another church instead of calling the cops?
I find the fact that the entire country not being appalled disquieting. One of the worst institutional crimes since the Nazis and we don't even discuss it even when we're drunk.

>
War...it's always the same.

And that group of men don't even get the help they need upon returning home. What does that say about us as a people?

>
Manipulated Interiors



>
Am I the only one who has cancelled a doctor's appointment because the escalator in his building was broken?

>

USING LIGHT FOR ALL KINDS OF THINGS



Route 66 in Missouri will have the first public solar roadway in the US.





This is called a "Light Based Zoetrope."



Yeah, that's great....if it was strapped underneath my 12 gauge.

>
I've posted this before, but this time watch the fat guy in the dragon suit...

A man who loves his job.

Speaking of...

100 million year old piece of "dinosaur wing" trapped in amber.
If you are not impressed by that, I pity you.

>

Join the club, dude.

>
Truth is like poetry. And most people hate fucking poetry.

>
Uncanny isn't it?


>
*watches a house fall on you*
*steals your shoes*

>

Have any of you people ever talked to a parent who refused to protect their child with vaccines?....and ours as well. I would love to know how they justify the risk. Not only have I never met such an imbecile, but I have never met anyone who has met such a person. If you have met such a person, please let me know how you responded.
I did run across this...


>
I don't mean to sound racist, but why do all Chinese food takeout boxes look the same?

>

Well, of course, that was because the city of Paris was declared an open city in order to save it from destruction. The smart thing to do under the circumstances.

>
Grade a-5 Wagyu beef from Matsusaka Japan

What the hell do they feed those cows? Do humans pre-chew their food? Are they force-fed? Seriously, how many calories must that require?

>
I will never tire of this...

But I STILL want to see an animation of what a polar orbit would look like.

>
Oh, look, a money bottle to hide your drugs in!


>
The counterweight trebuchet uses a lever and counterweight to launch the projectile over large distances.

That guy just flew through the air and landed directly on his face and still manages to walk away.

>
Truck Loading level: Asian


>
The answer is not magic. It has never been magic, and it will never ever be magic.

>



Tell me again about the whole world being populated by one incestuous family...TWICE!

1 comment:

Oni said...

My sister in law is a crazy anti-vaxxer! That's why I looked into it and send you a long message a while ago. It makes me mad for days, because you do, actually, have to form an argument in advance to combat such stupidity.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive