About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

TUESDAY #3054

One Of My Very Own...




This is fucking outrageous.


"As you may know, the FCC just recently announced a proposal to do away with 2015 Title II regulations preserving net neutrality. For those unaware, net neutrality is the principle that Internet service providers should treat all data on the Internet equally, and refrain from charging unequally by user, content, website, platform, application, hardware, or mode of communication. It takes only a cursory glance at the content of Title II to see that - contrary to what the FCC, telecom companies, and anti-neutrality politicians would have you believe - removing these regulations would destroy net neutrality completely. Without Title II, the power of telecom companies would go unchecked, allowing them to crush competition by blocking or charging more for other services. Needless to say, the American consumer stands to gain absolutely nothing from this proposal, and telecom companies stand to gain absolutely everything."

The hilariously named "Restoring Internet Freedoms" proposal can be found here:


https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DOC-344614A1.pdf




<>
Back in my day we really cared about nostalgia.


 MOTHER EARTH

The difference rain can make.
I wonder if they just used to old before and after pictures and just reversed them.

===
You know, for as wonderful as our planet is, there sure are a lot of things trying to kill us.
Answering the age old question: "Do people mind getting randomly attacked by snakes?"

===
Sometimes it's hard to find motivation. Other days motivation finds you.

===
I'm going to assume these are strips mines.

Just look at the design made by the roads and fences...


===


===
Massive spider web covering a field in flooded New Zealand

<>
Why do I have to learn cursive? Literally no reason at all.


THINGS TO PONDER

I mentioned how time wasting it was to teach children cursive and a retired school teacher said that it was very valuable. Why? To write thank you cards.

===

===
[verification needed]

===
I couldn't agree more.

===
I bet a big part of the problem is demanding drug tests. There are a whole bunch of other positions suffering from the same problem.

===
Get ready to fall in love.
War, what is it good for? Absolutely nothing.

<>
It was the Bleh of Times, it was the Meh of Times.


THE WONDER THAT IS HUMAN


 There's nothing new under the sun...
Probably shopped but still kind of cool.

===
 The supreme court in India rule that all bars, pubs and liquor shops must be at least 500 meters away from state and national highways. 
One bar in Kerala which is only 270 meters from a freeway, has built a 250 meter fenced maze in front of the bar. "Now it is 520 meters from the highway," says the bar's very clever manager.

 ===

===
Hand Transplant.
 Five months after surgery, he was dribbling a basketball and jumping rope.

===
That's...ah...extraordinary.

===
 Matilde Moisant was the second woman in the United States to receive a pilot's license.

And, no, that is not one of these.

===
Hiding the puck ...a goal...
That's one slick sumbitch.

===
Can't let this guy be forgotten...

<>
I've been eating with my hands for 2 months because the sideways spatula won't let me open my silverware drawer.


CITY VS COUNTRY

The real reason city couples have fewer babies than rural couples is that there are so many things to do in the city. Out on the farm there ain't shit to do except fuck, so they get very creative with it.
City Couple: What do you want to do tonight; opera, art museum, Boardwalk, great restaurant, get a tattoo, get our hair restyled, etc, etc.

Country Couple: What do you want to tonight; Have sex in the loft, hanging from a tree limb, with my cousin watching, in the middle of the corn field, reverse cowgirl, while riding the horse, in the canoe, deep inside the haystack, etc, etc.

Country folk invented skinny dipping just so they could fuck and stay cool at the same time...

I mean, seriously, what else is there to do here?

There are hundreds of these old abandoned houses around, and each one of them has a mattress...you do the math.


Even naked city people would rather play their silly games than have sex...imagine that. Just another reason they have fewer babies.


I once had sex with a tornado survivor BEFORE I rescued her...

It was like a toll she paid.

Two of my cousins died falling out of trees during limb sex...one male, one female.



And all those rumors you've heard about incest, well, that's all true.

I mean, why walk the eight miles to your girlfriend's house when your sister is right out there in the barn diddling herself.

Writing about all that reminded me of my own wedding....
It was a hell of a reception.

<>

So let me get this straight. A dude comes back to life after three days and no one cuts his head off?


 US THE CREATIVE ANIMAL


2011 BRITISH MOVIE - Resistance
Another European movie that just stops. A beginning, a middle, then it just stops. Fuck that.

===
 Dead at 90, John Berger

===

 ===

===
How very thrilling...
 Do you think they are real stones? How high would you estimate?

===
I'm not sure what that is hanging on the columns...

===

<>
I asked a millennial why she spent so much money on her wedding. She said you only get married once, and I laughed and laughed.


LANGUAGE

All things Ralph...

===

===

===
===

<>
Sex after 50:
* CRRRACK *
Her: Was that me or you?
Me: Just go with it, we'll assess injuries later.


 
PHOTOGRAPHY




===
 Tilt shifting - just another wonderful tool.

<>
 I admire the guy who named duct tape. He was a marketing genius. He knew naming it abduct tape would be more accurate, but a harder sell.

<>

You Christians have no idea how funny we all find the woman's story.


No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive