About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

TUESDAY #3129

One Of My Very Own...



AVE MARIA



THEY ARE CALLED THE "GREEN ARMY."
An amendment of the law aims to improve the authority of the government in situations where Finland is threatened by an unidentified military group.
President of the Republic Sauli Niinistö confirmed on Monday the amendments on regional law and criminal law for unidentified military groups.  Amendments will come into force as of this date.The powers of the regional supervisory authorities were strengthened to better cover situations in which the territorial integrity of Finland is violated by an unidentified military group. 
The law provided for such groups for an absolute ban to enter and stay in the country.  Breach of the law is penalized.

These  military groups have got the nickname "green men".  The term comes from the color of Russian military equipment.  Unidentified, green-dressed troops have been used in Ukraine and during the seazing of the Crimea.  
 According to the Ministry of Defense, the aim of the law change is to align the legislation on the safeguarding and supervision of the territorial integrity of Finland to better reflect the changed security situation and new threats. 

On the photo: Russia used unidentifiable special forces in the occupation of the Crimea, which were called  in Ukraine  "green men".




<>
burglar: [breaks into house]
my dog: "BARK BARK BARK BARK!"
burglar: [strokes dog's head]
my dog: "I have misjudged this very nice man."


SMILE WORTHY

Think of the grip of its feet.

===

===

===
Oh, deer.

===
The only Latvian Joke I know.
♩♫ Show me the way to go home, for I'm tired and I want to go to bed.♩

===

===

===

===
Most photogenic girl in the world...

===

===


<>
 (Cannibalism anonymous)
Fat guy (sitting alone in a conference room): Burp!


THINGS AMISS

Maybe flat earth bullshit is just a marketing ploy to sell globes instead of wall maps.

===
The man is pretending to eat that thing.

He then coughs and the thing reappears.

I did that a couple of times in my first grade class, but stopped when one of the kids brought me this after he tried to do it at home.
And remember, I was the teacher.

===
Good lord!

===
Alert viewer sent me this after seeing my posts on demolition gone bad.

WTC Building 7
I have yet to hear a satisfying explanation for that.
Anybody?

===
Watch carefully and try to identify who is on team A and who is on team B...

===
This sort of silliness happens much too often not to be intentional.

===
Now THAT is a liquidation!

===
World's Fair, Alabama, 1913.

===
Idaho Police Officer Finds Fugitive Hiding in Trunk of Mother's Car.
How could he resist shooting the guy?

===
2,066 Americans were asked to point out Ukraine on a map.

===
Why would you want to train them to do that in case a child fell in the water?


<>
My black friend said they can't decide whether to name their next kid after an Australian mammal or something found in a spice rack or a type of lettuce.


UNCLE RALPH'S LEARNING CORNER

The Last Dough Bender...
That guy must have been bitten by a radioactive street food cook.

===
Building in the center of Sydney with a living exterior.
This seems to be a no-brainer good idea.

===
So, uh, it's like being skull fucked?

===
I notice the mistiming every time.

===
Photograph of Vincent Van Gogh
Sans ear.

===
In Knaresborough, North Yorkshire, England there exists a cave that seems right out of legend and fairy tale.

The heavy mineral content of the water that drips down causes things to petrify, encasing them in a thick layer of minerals.

There is a place nearby where you can see various things donated and petrified along with a description to go with it.

===
Modern concrete is typically made with Portland cement, a mixture of silica sand, limestone, clay, chalk and other ingredients melted together at blistering temperatures. In concrete, this paste binds ‘aggregate’ – chunks of rock and sand.
Roman concrete was created with volcanic ash, lime and seawater, taking advantage of a chemical reaction Romans may have observed in naturally cemented volcanic ash deposits called tuff rocks. Mixed in with the volcanic ash mortar was more volcanic rock as aggregate, which would then continue to react with the material, ultimately making Roman cement far more durable.

===
This beach in Chicama, Peru, is known for having some of the best surfing conditions worldwide. One can allegedly surf a single wave for up to two kilometers in the right conditions.

I researched that a little and found this...
But what are those rectangular things on the beach in the first image?


<>
I took a pack of bird seed and told my daughters they would grow birds, then when the birds showed up I said, "Oh, look, they sure work fast."

<>



1 comment:

Jambe said...

wrt those beach structures: they're long, low, agricultural/industrial buildings of some sort. I don't know what they're for. There are hundreds of them around the region (and lots of sugarcane fields, too). Some Google Street Views of them:

first
second

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive