About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Thursday, August 17, 2017

THURSDAY #3159 MANMADE

One Of My Very Own...




I am not here to defend white supremacy.  When people start to think some lives are better than others, shit like mass exterminations happen.

I further believe that slavery would be worst than a quick death. Having your children sold would be unbearable. With that said, all that shit was a long, long time ago. And there were plenty of slaves in Africa.
Now there are calls For Removal Of Confederate Carvings On Stone Mountain In Georgia.
Have we become the Taliban? Destroying any and everything we find offensive?
Should we destroy all the Greek and Roman artwork in museums because they owned slaves?
And what of these awful slave owners?

Look, if the French can forgive Germany and and Japan can get over our nukes, then I'm sure we Americans are capable of moving on.
LBJ said: "If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket."



<>
If McDonald's sold hot dogs, would you be able to, with a straight face, order a McWiener and tell them to supersize it?


MAN THE TOOL MAKER

We humans have been solving problems for a long long time. Some of us, however, are better at it than other...

===

Some of these inventions are more important than others, of course, but require no less ingenuity. 
Most farm inventions are more practical than that 70mph tractor.


When I heard 'belt-fed gardening' I expected more fire powder.

===

I have officially resigned from the "Pi Haters Club" after reading this.
And if that is not true, please don't tell me. I've already given my club robes and hat to Good Will.

===
Over the course of 22 months a guy collected 8,816 drug bags in Humboldt Park in Chicago.
Am I to assume you can order bags pre-printed with any design you want?

===
When it comes to food, man is especially creative.

The video show him doing this doubling over and twisting manipulation thing many times, until...
I'm agog. Anybody know what that is called?

===
This was the most expensive car in America at one time. It came with a television in the front seat and had marble interior.


This particular one only had 45,500 miles on it when it sold at auction last year.

In 1972, this car cost $29,000.  That was enough to buy 15 brand new Ford Pintos in 1972.
Fun Comparison: A Royals Royce cost $19,000 in 1972, but the Bugazzi was $10,000 more.  There were only 12 of these Lincolns made, and only 2 are known left to exist. The car had 30 coats of hand-rubbed pearl lacquer; 24-carat gold leaf hand laid pin striping; Persian rugs; Italian marble; a television;  a built-in bar; reading lamps in the back seats; and makeup mirrors in the back seats. V8 motor.

===
This is New Delhi
I have mentioned previously that I am disappointed that houses have remained more or less unchanged in centuries. Oh, I know there are some fancy-ass shit out there, but the basic house is either stack up some rock or attach some sticks together.

===
Look at this carefully for a few seconds.
All of that is computer generated. Pretty soon photographs will mean nothing as far as proof goes. Here's the source:
http://boingboing.net/2017/08/02/these-computer-generated-rocks.html

===
A guide to some of the earliest special effects...The Substitution Trick.
I like the way he doesn't even hit her on the neck.

===
Brothel coins...
An invention that has unfortunately passed from favor. I'm going to keep posting that from time to time unless you run out of ideas.

===
This elevator let's you deselect floor numbers.
A comment on that clip said that all elevators have had that option, but most installers just don't bother to wire them up.

===
I can't figure out if he's lazy, a genius or both.

===
Her life just made a 180.
We've come a long way since bleeding and leeches.

===
I'm not sure about this.
Is climbing stairs easier or harder than scaling a ramp? Give me a ramp anytime.

===
Sex so good that, well...
I guess I'm obliged to mention the new sex robots, which could go down as the greats birth control item in history.

===
I'm the type of guy who would rather have an "I'm Sorry" sign.

<>
So, the NSA can hack into my TV and listen to every word I say, but McDonald's can't hear me say "no pickles" over their drive-thru speakers?


WAR MACHINES

A Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) interceptor is launched from the Pacific Spaceport Complex Alaska during Flight Experiment THAAD (FET)-01 in Kodiak, Alaska, U.S. on July 30, 2017. The medium-range ballistic missile was detected, tracked and intercepted, military bosses have revealed. The test is seen as a show of force two days after Kim Jong-un launched his latest missile – and then bragged it could hit anywhere in America.

And, speaking of North Korea...

An unarmed Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile launches during an operational test at 2:10 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time at Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, U.S., August 2, 2017.
Note: That bad boy had been in a silo for god knows how long, yet performed flawlessly.

===

 I would bet that Warthog was designed to fit in that very airplane.

===

Next on the military's agenda...


===
Now delivering freedom underground.
That and the missile destroying bomb above it are two examples of advanced weapons we know about. Now wonder what stuff they have that we haven't even dreamed it's existence.
I'm think specifically about the danger North Korea poses the world. I bet since their first nuke test we have been designing and testing weapons that can deal with the threat.

But for for every threat there is a countermeasure.
Airbus Military A400M "Grizzly / Atlas" - 2017 Defensive Flares Testing

===

Why kill one person with a bullet when you can injure a dozen with one of these?
I read that wounded twelve is actually BETTER than killing one, because it will take at least twelve more combatants to take the injured back for medical care.

===

SAS soldiers are trying out “Star Wars”-style bulletproof helmets in the war against terror. The SAS is the UK’s answer to the Navy SEALs. The high-tech gear – dubbed the “Boba Fett helmet” after the hit movie’s infamous bounty hunter – uses heat-seeking technology to hunt down enemies.

===

I've posted this before, but it still fascinates me.
They have developed torpedoes that do not hit the ship, but rather go under the ship, then explode; breaking the ship (any ship) in half.
That's how you would want to get rid of an aircraft carrier.


<>
Do you ever look at your wife and wonder how you got so lucky? Well, tell her.


OTHER MATTERS


===

An ocean liner is a huge metal object that sits out in the ocean most of its life.
Lightning usually hits the object closest to it (tallest) and in the ocean the ship always win that race. So how in the name of maritime engineering could lightning cause it to catch fire? It MUST have been hit hundreds of times.

===
You mad at that guy for what he did? If I knew where he lived I would buy him a washer for his cleverness.

===

Let's play What Happens Next.
A. Guy on motorcycle goes through car windows and comes out the other side. Then calmly walks away.
B. Guy on motorcycle goes through car windows and comes out the other side. Then beats the shit out of the driver.
C. A truck comes out of nowhere and creams the car after a close call with cyclist.
D. The car drives in a complete circle and flips on its top without ever noticing the bike.

===

===
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC AWARDS



Crocodiles at Rio Tarcoles

3rd Prize in the Nature category

===


Worship

1st Prize in the People category

===

A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

===

===

===

D. The car drives in a complete circle and flips on its top without ever noticing the bike.

===
Y'all tired of these yet?

===

An oldie that deserves some fresh air...



<>
The last time I went out I thought, "This is exactly why I don't go out."

<>

===
YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG

===

===


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I would rather see muscle boobs from a few days back than think about how the biological collection in the big girls folds wafts up to the nose upon release. Hmmmmm....cheese....


psm

Jambe said...

The pulled foodstuff is Chinese cotton candy, aka Dragon's beard candy.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive