About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

WEDNESDAY #3193

One Of My Very Own


EMAIL: ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com

Glenn Campbell GENTLE ON MY MIND

NEWSY BITS

Smart lady.

===
These are the ways to protest.

Okay...

Better...

Wonderful...

100% wrong way...

===

[I would like very much what you good folks have to say about that.]

===

===
A quote from Trump's UN speech:
"Never have I heard so many holy expletives in some many languages in the same place at the same time."

===
My man Messi scored two goals in the game against a dog team and a guy bet me two to one he wouldn't make the hat trick (3 goals). Of course I took it and won, but I won about 10 seconds after the money hit the bar. That son of a bitch ended up with four goals...on the same day I ordered my authentic Lionel Messi jersey.



<>
People who tolerate me on a daily basis...they are the real heroes.


PEOPLE


===
8 year old Coal Miner

===
I find this whole "identity" fad hilarious.

===

===
Ladies, if you wear a dress like that you are begging us to look. Don't agree? If I walked in with my dick hanging out, could you resist looking?

===
Reminds me of my teenage daughter coming in after a date.


<>
If I have to parallel park don't invite me.


PLACES

I'm thinking this was a movie set.

===
US airspace shutdown following 9/11 attacks
Looks and acts sort of like ants, don't it.

===

===
The Winter War monument in Suomussalmi is a great field of rocks, which represent the thousands of Finnish and Soviet soldiers who died in the Battle of Suomussalmi.

The rocks resemble tank traps, or grave stones.

In the winter the rocks look like an army of men clad in snowsuits.

===
How I imagine Europe looking at America's government, riots, storms, etc.

===
What a marvelous idea.

===
I think some architects try too hard to be cutting edge.

===

===

===

===
Free car recharger.
Nice idea.


<>
Why the heck does gigantic have two different sounding Gs?


THINGS

In the mid-1800s, ranchers across Sioux County, in the US state of Nebraska, began unearthing strange, spiral structures of hardened rock-like material sticking vertically out of the ground. The spirals were as thick as an arm and some of them were taller than a man. Not knowing what they were, the ranchers began calling them “devil’s corkscrew.”


The puzzling structures first came to the notice of the scientific community through geologists Dr. E. H. Barbour in 1891, when he was asked to investigate a nine-foot long specimen that a local rancher had discovered on his property along the Niobrara River. Barbour found that the spirals were actually sand-filled tubes with the outer walls made of some white fibrous material. Barbour knew they were fossils but of what he wasn’t sure. He named them Daemonelix, which was just the Latin equivalent of its local name, devil’s corkscrew.

I'm assuming they have ruled out a giant one of these.


===
Okay, I get how clever that is; turning food without a motor. But what the hell are they cooking?

===
Reminds me of my honeymoon.

===

===
I hate fake shit like this.

===
Let's revisit this.
This is a model of the Soviet Union's Tsar Bomb.

This is what it does for a living.

Lets look at it graphically.
Mount Everest? What kind of a sick fuck drops a mountain on somebody?
Can't joke about nuclear war? Oh, yeah...
 You get the point...no pun intended.

===
How to decode the images on the Voyager Golden Record. I found it very interesting.



<>
My wife once missed a day of work because I left my dirty underwear hanging on the doorknob.


THE OTHER KINGDOM


===

===


Watch: Panicked family trying to shoo bat out of kitchen would make a great sitcom scene.



===

===

===
Because he can, that's why.

===


<>
Y'all remember how embarrassing it was to pass out in your own pee puddle?

<>


===

THE WORD ON THE STREET

===

===

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For your perusal, re: Devils corkscrew

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palaeocastor

psm

Anonymous said...

Seriously, I really want to know if you kept the hogshead skull from your birthday feast, for artistic purposes.

-Paul

Ralph Henry said...

Abso-fucking-lutely! But you will be the first to know that a local critter hauled it off the second night. The jaw was left and it is stripped clean. Alas.

Anonymous said...

Alas alack.

Keep up the good work.
-Paul

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive