About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Monday, October 9, 2017

MONDAY #3212

One Of My Very Own

Chris Whitley & Jeff Lang ~ Twelve Thousand Miles




<>
Jupiter was a young sun that just didn't quite make it.


LET'S ADDRESS HUMAN STUPIDITY...AGAIN

How drunk to you have to be?

===
How does anyone forget Rule #1?

===
If you don't think driving and texting is a problem, this city had to cushion their utility poles to protect pedestrians who walk and text.
WALK AND TEXT! And you want to drive and text. What kind of moron does that with all the data supporting how dangerous it is?

===
Starbucks unveils $7 wake-up slap.
Lately the news is so weird that most people will think that is factual.


<>
I've been alive for over 70 years and I've never seen a commercial for a Chinese restaurant.


ART AND PHOTOGRAPHY

Nude in a Hammock in White Carrara Marble, Antonio Frilli.
I wondered about the fragility of the work and guested that the arm was used as a support. Looked it up and I was right.

===
Napalm.
So very sad.

===
I will take this opportunity to tell you in no uncertain terms: 1. NEVER get art as a gift unless the recipient has picked it out him/herself and 2. NEVER ask a trained artist to critique your or your child's artwork.

===
It's all about the light.

===
Great Salt Lake, Utah -- A causeway separates the lake into two sections that get their colors from the unique bacteria that live on each side.
I flew over that on the way to Alaska and can attest to the colors.


<>
The first eighteen years of your life are like a free trial, and after that it's pay to play.


LANGUAGE IS SO VERY WONDERFUL

===

===

===

===
How many times that must have been stolen.

===
I found that very clever. - RH

===
How sad.

Speaking of...


<>
I don't really know why, but I detest things like lol and omg. It's not that I'm old fashion...I like U, R, and Y. I mean Ha is actually easier than lol.


MY LATEST OBSERVATIONS

How American Gothic became an icon.

Part of that video explained the importance of what I call sympathetic lines and shapes.
But if you count the tops of trees as circles, surely you can count their heads.

===
When I was being trained to maintain nuclear weapons I learned all of that. Today I don't remember shit.

===
This plane is almost the perfect ground support asset.

It burps out these shells by the thousands.

We built many of these tank busters, some based, in of all places, Alaska.

They were scheduled to be phased out, then someone looked at its record and said, Heck, lets put bombs and missiles on it too.
And it survived to fight another day.

===
What some people see as animal cruelty...
I see as a squirrel amusement park.
Did you notice it landing safely in the tree?

===
Dreaming of the good old days.

===
Danish Air Force Pilot Competency Test.
I can never look at anything like that without remembering my brother in law who crashed and was killed attempting his first carrier landing in a jet.

===

===
There were a lot of Reich Marks in circulation in Germany in the mid 60s, but that was only 20 years after WWII.


<>
You know you are getting old when all your injuries are a result of "sleeping funny."


THINGS I DIDN'T KNOW YESTERDAY


===
Or so I'm told.

===
You ever seen a chimpanzee without hair.
Me neither. Looks rather buff don't he?

===
Scars? Who the hell doesn't have a scar or two?

===

===
Tunnel-cleaning truck.
I never knew they existed.

===
Sweet dreams.

===
And there's the rub. Some people fall off a high place BECAUSE the high place scares them. It's like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

===
Makeshift experiment to assess the speed and stability of a Chinese bullet-train.
Remarkable.

===
Disabled man's old Navajo blanket takes him from rags to riches.

Skip to 4 minute mark for the action.


<>
The person who first discovered popcorn must have freaked the fuck out.

<>


===

===

===

===


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://driving.ca/auto-news/news/motor-mouth-more-inconvenient-truths-on-banning-gas-engines

On electric cars

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive