About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Saturday, October 21, 2017

SATURDAY #3224

One Of My Very Own

EMAIL: ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com

ANOTHER BRICK IN THE WALL 
- PINK FLOYD




<>
I may not be the coolest, smartest or prettiest, but I know I'm the sleepiest.


PEOPLE

I watch a Ted Talk about happiness and the guy posed a question to the audience: Would you be happier to win the lottery or lose a leg? Everyone laughed, or course, but come to find out, five years afterwards both people register the same on happiness gauges. 

===

===
People who have a good time with airport signs.

And my favorite...

===
Finally, a job I can still do...cheerfully.

===

Anthony Quinn as Alexis Zorba in Zorba the Greek (1964).
“To dance, one must be a little mad.” 
What a wonderful actor.

===
You might think this should be in the Things section, but I want you to think about the idiot who did that.
If any of you women don't know why that is odd, ask your husband.

===
Money makes you grow hair of a different color and firms up that jaw.


<>
My young friend told his therapist he was thinking of suicide and the therapist made him pay in advance.

<>

PLACES

Speaking of...
That company is working on solar collectors and batteries that can be air lifted to areas like Puerto Rico. I wish him luck.

===
The word on the street

===
Do you think those soldiers need to be told that Germany is an enemy country?

===
Hofsós, Skagafjardarsysla, Iceland
How many foot falls would it take to sink that path like that?

===
On the set of Shawshank Redemption.
I've worked on several movie sets and I am here to tell you that there are hours and hours of just standing around.

===
Mosul before the war

More than half of 1.4 million residents are displaced and homeless.

Suspected IS terrorists waiting to be questioned in Mosul, Iraq.
Horror aside, that is a very beautiful photograph.

===
Moscow
The trees are nice and all, but the lower floors can't even look out the window.

===
Oh, hell no. Who the fuck would do such a thing?

===
What an unusual image...

Aftermath of a storm in Germany.


<>
Thanks to Sesame Street, my daughters grew up thinking that Americans had a particular problem with counting.

<>
I thought that very funny.

Note: I have found that cartoons are much funnier when they stand alone and are not heaped together with many other cartoons. I learned that trick from The New Yorker.

THINGS

Want to guess what this is custom made for?
Think hard because it is impressive.

===

===
That black board was used to fit this cabinet to the wall.

===
Scientists have developed an elastic, adhesive surgical glue that could transform emergency treatments by sealing up critical wounds in the skin or the organs in 60 seconds, without the need for staples or sutures.
RH - I thought Super Glue already did that.

===
I may have mentioned buying an XL Messi jersey from Thailand and it was so tiny I can't wear it. I was told that Thai's are so small that their XL is much smaller than American's. But that's not the only problem with sizing. In America ever dress manufacturer just makes up their own measurement for 0, 1, 2, 3 etc. And men's shirts aren't much better. Let's take the lead from men's dress shirts that are sold with a neck and sleeve length. That's perfect!
So why not sell all clothing that way? T-shirts need a length and width size.

===
How nice. Making drinking even more fun.

===
This guy has a lot of free time on his hands.
I can't believe that loaded.

===

Fish spits out Atolla jellyfish
Well, of course it does.


<>
If your crystal meth dealer has all their teeth, he is a policeman.


<>

===

===

===

===

===
Girl in white not once but twice. Jeez.


No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive