About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Thursday, October 26, 2017

THURSDAY #3229

One Of My Very Own

Let's try that again...


EMAIL: ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com

OH HAPPY DAY

Best football photo of the year.


===
The black body bags hanging from the home caused many to question whether or not the Halloween decorations took things too far. Hanford Police told the homeowner that several people had complained to the NAACP about the trash bags she used to hold the "dead bodies" in. Fresno State Associate Professor and Program Coordinator of Africana Studies, Dr. De Anna Reese explained how easily some could have misinterpreted it.
And...

Do black people own the color black? Do we white people now have to ask for permission to use that color?

===

===
===
This is supposed to be legit...getting prepped for the Christmas season.




<>
In elementary school my daughter made me a mug that read "#2 DAD."

<>

MILLENNIALS

I've been reading quite a bit lately about these poor people. Here's some of the highlights.



As the Wall Street Journal points out, Home Depot has been forced to spend millions to create video tutorials and host in-store classes on how to do everything from using a tape measure to mopping a floor and hammering a nail.

Meanwhile, Scotts Miracle-Gro has been forced to start training classes to remind frustrated millennials, who can't seem to keep their flowers alive, that plants need sunlight to grow (apparently not a single millennial ever took biology in grade school). 


I am shocked by the lack of basic knowledge of my young friends. Most have no idea who Irwin Rommel was; elementary geography is foreign to them; and have no notion as to how an internal combustion engine works, much less a jet engine. 


Millennials don't go out as much as other generations.

They have inherited an America where for the first time, a college degree guarantees nothing.

But they are savvy enough to see bullshit for what it is...a marketing ploy to take your money.

Well, besides from being poor, they know Debeer's started the whole diamond ring = love bullshit and they aren't falling for it.

The young people I know can't imagine an America where they are FORCED to join the Army.
And from what I've heard, they simply wouldn't go.
There are many more reason than cowardice.
The military fucks people up, and not just physically.



<>
Haunted House Idea: A poorly lit Walmart littered with people you haven't seen since high school.

<>


PEOPLE AT THEIR WORST

I'll make it simple for you. Sure people can do what ever they want during the playing of the National Anthem. But people also have a right to hate them for it. 
The NFL owners are in a tough spot when faced with finding a solution. I would have my team members just wait in the hallway if they don't want to stand. However, that would probably be unconstitutional.

===
This very friendly horse had to be put down.
What kind of sick fuck would do such a thing?

===
They grow up so fast, don't they.
This kid has seen far, far too much.

===

RH - Americans love conspiracy theories. But not being able to explain something does not a conspiracy make. I will admit that Building 7 at World Trade Center is freaky as shit, but that explosives were placed all over it without anyone finding out is just preposterous. 

===
Soap company pulled this controversial ad.
That looks like something out of the 1950s.

But the internet had fun with it.

===
"Vigilante mobs in Malawi have killed five people accused of ritualistic human blood drinking, causing U.N. to pull staff."
"The Malawi government put a curfew in place from 5pm to 7am local time to try and prevent more deaths, which is appropriate considering would-be vampire hunters are likely to work during peak nighttime vampire hours."
(emphasis mine)

===
That was one cold motherfucker.

===

I tried to research that with less than stellar results.
[verification needed]

===
I am a son of the South and I can tell you that white people (normal white people) would totally agree with that guy's assessment.

===
That refers to a place in my home town where three interstates converge at one spot. You can't imagine the crisscrossing traffic trying to take exits while an equal number is trying to merge from an on ramp. It's insane. And to think that really smart people designed that.

===
This speaks volumes.
If I may be so bold, I think animals think about being caged up exactly the way humans would feel about it.


<>
Scientist: Let's name it Long Legs for its long legs.
Scientist #2: Let's kink it up a bit.

<>


PONDERABLES


===
Beer snobs bore the shit out of me. Thinking people uncouth who don't drink what you drink is just arrogance. Oh, you can have a personal preference, but that's just what it is. It is not a fact.

===
"Why forest kindergartens are the best schools for our young kids."


"It’s a common complaint among teachers as well as parents in the U.S. these days: kindergarten has become the new first grade and the unintended casualty of that is preschool, which has consequently become the new kindergarten. Many early childhood experts consider physical activity and unstructured play the two main pillars for learning and a healthy development for preschoolers. Both are often lacking at American preschools, where play is typically directed by the adults and the students are more likely to be found cooped up indoors, filling out worksheets and tracing letters. Not to mention kindergarten, where students are expected to sit still at their desks for the majority of the day."

Here's the whole story:



===
I know you've seen this before, but I'm an art teacher, and I can tell you straight up that you need to show your child how to do this.

===


"If I am awarded a Nobel prize, I'll share the money with my coauthors and fellows and lab techs." - Not my quote - RH



===

Photo taken after Hurricane Irma washed away the dune under this tree.
It was stated that for metal detector people it's a bonanza.  


<>
My wife can't find her car keys 100% of the time, but she remembers that time I was insensitive 7 months ago at 6pm.

<>


SOME THINGS THAT MAY NOT BE TRUE

Are all the stories about him true? Probably not. But George Washington never cut down a cherry tree either.

===

===

===

===
I don't know about geniuses, but I read years ago that they have more honor students than the US has students.


<>
One of the scariest questions I have ever been asked was "Do you want to read about Honey Boo Boo's child?"

<>
I don't get it...please assist.
(rice removes moisture, like in your cellphone)

<>

===

===

===

===
We already have methods to discern truth from non-truth.

===


No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive