About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Thursday, October 19, 2017

THURSDAY CONFUSION #3222

One Of My Very Own


EMAIL: ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com


Trouble Every Day - Frank Zappa

Rap before rap was invented.

NEWSY BITS


Remember David Dao and United flight 3411?


A City of Chicago Office of Inspector General investigation found that the airline and in particular the officers' handling of the situation was completely bungled and the escalation and violence was entirely their fault. They then made misleading statements and altered reports to cover their asses.
Two officers have been fired (including the ranking officer at the scene) and two suspended.

===

Polish soldier burning an ISIS flag after conquering terrorist territory in Syria

===

===
The Irish on their rare hurricane.



===
ISIS lost its capital.

===
How the hell does a team from the dairy state have a team with so many broken bones? Their locker room is like an ICU.
Some say the Packers will still make the playoffs. I have my doubts.




<>
Never trim your toenails with a good buzz on.


PEOPLE BEING DICKS

The lady in red owns the store and is assisting the woman in black. Notice that there are three bracelets on the counter.
Now...

===
Scroll slowly...

===
Good Samaritan helps teen.
Yes, there are people who would do just that. They are called bicycle riders. They have a right to the road just like pedestrians have a right to the sidewalk, but if you walk real slowly three abreast on a sidewalk, then you're just an asshole.

===

===
Everything you need to know about Arkansas in one picture...
But it's not everyday you get to meet the mayor.

===
"Charlie Chaplin’s autobiography in which he described staying in a tenement house. After dinner, the owners took Chaplin upstairs to meet their son, a quadruple amputee who they kept under the bed. They pulled their son out from under the bed, and while the family sang and dance, the son “flopped around"."
Jesus fucking Christ! - RH

<>
I once knew a woman who practiced laughing, so she wouldn't embarrass herself in funny situations. I find that very sad.

<>

Charon is the boatman, not the boat.


MISCELLANEOUS


===
That almost made the "Things That Confuse Me" section in that what with bird's nests, squirrel damage, etc causing so much damage you would think they would house them in something or put wires that shock intruders or pointy spikes.

===
New comic books

===
Don't you want to know?

===
It's all about the light...

===
Well, so was the past...so there.

===

===
The question I love to ask: How does one learn they can do that?
I'd pay good money...

===
Bullshit. We don't have it in us anymore.

===
Nobody I know plays poker in the woods, unless it's strip poker. Okay let's all pretend they ARE playing strip poker and the girl on the left is losing.


<>
I've known too many guys who have fucked their sisters to think it's rare. If you did that, give yourself a break. You were both kids.

<>


THINGS THAT CONFUSE ME

When my wife suggests wearing sheets to dress as ghosts for Halloween and we're the only white family in the neighborhood.
I find it humorous that grown men and woman discuss the "N word" when the topic is the word "Nigger." What is doubly odd is that black people get to use the shit out of the same word and nobody finds that odd. That confuses me.

It seems like pointing out just about anything about black people is racist. I can say "Black people like fried chicken" and even though it's true I will be condemned. 
And then their is the crotch grab display that black guys seem to be addicted to.
There may be white guys that do that, but I've never seen one. Sorry. It's just an observation.
It confuses me that even suggesting there is anything odd about this brands me as a racist.

But more about prohibitions of certain words.
As we all know, extending the middle finger is obscene...but only in a select few nations. You shoot the bird to an Egyptian, say, and they don't give a shit. But in America you can be arrested for it. There is no way you can adequately explain the rationality of that. I mean, a modern society can just MAKE UP shit to prohibit. It makes no sense and confuses me no end.
But that was one cool ass cap.

===
They call it the Zombie drug aka Cloud Nine in Brazil.
How can someone see something like that and think "Damn I need to try that"?
Well, we see shit like this all the time and still drink.

===
If you go fast enough on a bumpy road, the bumps will even out.
I watched the Mythbusters episode when they tried to prove that and they concluded it was a myth. I call bullshit. I once took a Winnebago off road and hit a stretch of washboard dirt road and it was shaking the fillings out of our teeth...until I reached 35 mph and it smoothed out. And you can take that to the bank.

===
"So, prison wasn't so bad you say?"

Some are self taught, some need more encouragement...

===
Why would he look so surprised. He is playing a machine who had memorized every move possible in every situation.

===
You are all familiar with my fews on religion, but I have some observations I would like to share.

Every religion has fairy tales that are designed to teach us a lesson.
That's okay, I guess. Hansel and Gretel was probably made up to warn children not to venture into the deep forest alone. But there are/were thousands of religions, all with their own stories. Let's consider this:
A child seeing thousands of Santas would surely deduce that the one at the mall that he thought was real is, in fact, bogus. But religious people see all the billions of people who believe in gods very much unlike their own aren't able to deduce the absurdity.

We all swallow what our parents taught us hook, line and sinker. Nobody even knows why we put up a Christmas Tree, but we do it anyway.

If you were raised in the South you were probably taught by those same parents that the Confederacy was a noble cause. Our parents taught us that because their grandparents thought them.

It used to be that you only heard the same dogma from your family and neighbors. You were all on the same page, as it were.
There is still bias confirmation alive and well today, but now young people have access to the whole world. The internet is speaking to them and they are learning that what they were taught as children is a croak of shit.
Imagine if you will traveling to a strange county, sitting down and crossing your legs, then three guys beat the shit out of you for showing them the sole of your shoe. Yeah, that's what their parents taught them.
Or you fall in love with a foreign girl and her father forbids you to see her again because you eat with your right hand. Just because it's been handed down for generations don't make it make sense.
My advice, quit thinking that your parents KNEW what they were talking about. They were and are groping around in the dark just like the rest of us.

===
There are things about sex that confuse me.

With all the images of this guy, this is the first showing his little Yoda pee-pee.

Nice butts are more or less the same. Not like breasts or faces or feet.
Oh, I know some really skinny ones or really fat ones don't look like those above, but basically butts are just butts. But there must be a hundred kinds and shapes of breasts.

It confuses me still how photographers talk female models into doing shit like this.
I have never met a woman who would voluntarily lay down in the dessert naked with their head under a bush.

This young woman seems to have it backwards...

===
It still confuses me that so many people have a fear and/or loathing of the female nipple...
But the male nipple doesn't raise an eyebrow.

Yeah, I like the female foot, but this is not my style.

===
????

===
Lastly there is this image.
Billions of people responded to that image. It saddens any thinking person. The injury or death of a child is one of the worse things that can happen in any society. Yet there are parents out there who harm (physically) their children, which in my opinion goes against a powerful species imperative. And that confuses me.

<>
My career as a karate instructor was tragically curtailed when the parents found out I was wholly unqualified and just enjoyed kicking children.
(unfortunate placement of that Purple Prose)

<>
Actually that's not true.
As a child brought up in Alabama I was taught that black people were lesser than white people. Then in the tenth grade I moved to Oklahoma where they didn't give a shit about black people but they hated Native Americans. It occurred to me that one of these world views had be wrong. Then I deduced that they were both wrong. I would call that an epiphany.

===

===

===

===

===



No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive