About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Friday, November 10, 2017

FRIDAY #3243

One Of My Very Own

EMAIL: ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com

KNOW WHEN TO HOLD EM
This song brings back more memories than you can imagine.

NEWSY BITS

EVERYONE IS ASKING FOR PRAYERS FOR THE TEXAS MASSACRE SURVIVORS, BUT I THINK THAT SAME GOD HAS ALREADY SPOKEN LOUD AND CLEAR ON THAT MATTER.

===

===
Five black students at the USAFA prep school found the words "get out nigger" scrawled on their dorm room message boards, an incident that roiled the campus and made national headlines. The commander vowed that whoever was responsible would be brought to justice.

===
This has got to be a Ponzi scheme.

===
I couldn't possibly watch that.

===

===
Laugh if you will, but I read somewhere that bacteria has "eaten" most of the oil from the bottom. Am I correct on this?

===

===
===

===




<>
People who call spaghetti "sketti", stop. Just stop.

<>


SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY


===

===

===

===

===
I finally found an example of this.
There was a cypress forest in a shallow lake that had been harvested, leaving thousands of stumps. Seeds landed on the top of these stumps and began growing, then when the stumps rotted away it looked like the second generation trees were stand in the water on their tiptoes.
[RH - I know that is not cypress but it illustrates the story perfectly.]

===

===

===

===
Granite quarry, Vermont
I'm impressed.

===
Why Bird Penises Are So Weird
She narrates this so well.

===

<>
While watching a movie on Netflix, have you ever put the exact time of the tittie scene to memory so after the movie you can go back and watch it again because they were some fine ass titties?

<>


ART AND PHOTOGRAPHY

The Coincidence Project, Denis Cherim

===
For reasons entirely unknown to me, there is a statue of Colombo in the middle of Budapest. 

===


<>
I remember the time the female teachers at my school insisted I attend my first baby shower. I felt like a baby seal at a Louisville Slugger factory.

<>


SOCIAL ISSUES


===
Somewhere some war - Philippines

Five months ago, a group of pro-ISIS militants attacked and took control of parts of the southern Philippine city of Marawi. More than 1,000 people have been killed. Today, some of the 400,000 displaced residents are being allowed to return to parts of their war-ravaged city.
And that's a NATO ally with nuclear weapons.

===
"Next to us is the body of a mother, who bellowed in grief as she was dragged to the kill floor..."

They even had a casket.

===

As with many protests, there was a small number of black bloc participants who engaged in minor acts of vandalism, smashing six windows. The DC police kettled hundreds of protesters in response, and after more than 100 escaped, they slapped the remaining 200 protesters with felony conspiracy charges, so that each protester now faces up to 70 years in prison for being in the same place as a black bloc action.

RH - Never heard the word "kettled" used like that.

===
Armed guard watching over nesting sea turtles.

===
Want to guess what all these places have in common?
You will pay through the nose to visit.

To help tackle billions in deferred maintenance projects, the National Park Service is proposing a massive increase in entrance fees during peak visitation season for 17 parks. 
Visitors to the Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Yellowstone, Zion and other national parks would be charged $70 per vehicle, up from the fee of $30 for a weekly pass. At others, the hike is nearly triple, from $25 to $70.

===
Please, people, don't push your luck.

===
Interesting how people can point out the stupidity of white people with no ramifications whatsoever.

===


<>
The hardest part of using healing crystals is dying when they don't fucking work.

<>


PEOPLE OF NOTE

Not my problem

===
Maybe you should just put it in your mouth every once in a while.

===
I'm not sure what's more outrageous - the haircut or the name.

===
Try not to laugh. I dare you.

===
Some Indonesian Guy Named Terens Puhiri Is Apparently The Fastest Man In The World.

===

Best answer ever.

===
Had to watch a couple times to realize that the guy behind him actually shot his hat off. Jesus, he didn't even flinch!

===
Questionable likeness.


<>
If you're a passenger in a car, occasionally scream "WATCH OUT!" for no reason. The driver will thank you for keeping them vigilant.

<>


<>

===

===

===

===

===
Every man needs a goal.


No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive