About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Monday, December 4, 2017

MONDAY #3267

One Of My Very Own


THE GREEN, GREEN GRASS OF HOME




<>
Instead of American can Amerishouldn't be our foreign policy from now on?

<>

THINGS I CAN RELATE TO

That reminds me of the day during my short order cook days and a hamburger ticket came in with EXTRA ONIONS in large capital letters. So I gave the guy twice the usual onions. The waitress brought it back for more onions. I doubled the onions again. The burger came back again, so I took a whole onion, sliced it and stacked it on the burger. The guy thanked me and said it was perfect. Go figure.

===
Fuck his balls, how about you take those claws and maybe save a few hundred songbirds.

===
I firmly believe that the only motive to get most people to work hard and innovated is greed.

===

During a college football game they showed the players' majors. One was "Experimental Psychology". I commented that it must be taught by Josef Mengele.
None of the young people in the conversation had heard of Josef Mengele.

===
I've often said that young couples should raise a dog before they are allowed to have children.

===

Your getting offended means absolutely nothing to me.

===
Sometimes when you think the whole world wants you dead, it's not paranoia. 
Arguably the most hated man in the world.
I also want him dead.

===
Scientists send electricity into a US waterway infested with Asian Carp to sample the fish population.  The Asian Carp are an invasive species that have worked their way up the Mississippi river system to the Great Lakes, via the Illinois River.  An electrified barrier was set up to stop the fish from reaching Lake Michigan, but those efforts have failed.
I'm not 100% sure that little ring on a pole has electricity. The vibration of the motor is enough to cause them to leap.
These things could really fuck the Great Lakes. As I understand it, they eat other fish with no natural enemies of their own.
So let's learn to eat them.

===
Captioned: "Roman roof tiles found in Normandy, France with cat prints."
Comment to that said: "The lower tile is a dog print, the upper tile is a cat print."
Really? Does that information add anything? Maybe, but I don't think so.

===
One of the greatest things I ever saw relating to archeology was the human error made in the tomb of a Pharaoh.
The artist was busy painting the directions for the afterlife and made a mistake. So he just X'ed it out similar to my manufactured image above.
Note: I have looked for years for an image of that, but to no avail.

===
I really don't see anything wrong with that. But years ago I told you that if only half the people in America drove electric cars, we would collapse our power grid.

===
Forget about the car, look at the trees.
I once drove a truck very similar to this.
I rented a house with a ton of trees in the back yard. When I had to go to work at O dark thirty (very early) I had to back the truck in between those trees and the tiny backup light didn't help much. So I painted the bottoms of the trees white and it worked perfectly.

===
My wife being in the retail clothing business, I have become an expert in building dressing rooms.

===
Netflix series: Marvel's The Punisher
I like it, I guess. It stars that deputy in Walking Dead. Anyway, here's a memorable line...

===
I admit it; I am addicted to watching and more importantly, betting on football.

===
My friend is an art teach and went to a workshop where everyone had to pretend to be a disease. They gave everyone a name tag.

My friend was this...

===
That bear story is true, according to the NY Times.
I would like to apologize for not double checking all items I post. Some of my errors are caused by me just assuming big, popular sites would do their own double checking.

===
If being a trained artist has taught me anything, it is to be keenly aware of oddities.
Is that a woman with water cascading over her face, or is it a photograph with some white specks on it? I find the rather large specks on the eyelid to be suspect...the oddly shaped one.


<>
If I could choose a super power it would be freezing time for an hour or so so I could take a longer nap in the afternoon.

<>


SCIENCE & ENGINEERING

How wonderful.

===
Density

===
Do you have any idea how much math goes into making something like that?

===
Scallops are used as nautical water filters.
The world now produces more farmed seafood than beef.

===

For the first time, engineers at Caltech have created a stable ring of plasma in open air—essentially capturing lightning in a bottle, but without the bottle.


<>
Someone suggested a remake of Stranger Things with Danny DeVito as Eleven.

<>


HISTORIC PHOTOS COLORIZED

The crew of an up-ended (M4A1) Sherman tank of the 7th Armored Brigade enjoy a ‘brew’ beside their vehicle while waiting for a recovery team, on the 'Gothic Line' in Italy, in 1944. Their tank overturned after slipping off a narrow road in the dark.

===
An Allied Soldier takes a break during the approach to Tripoli, Libya beside a swastika and the words 'Heil Hitler' that have been carved into a rocky hillside in 1943.

===
His job is to carve duck decoys.
And as you can see, he's just thrilled about it.

===
US sailors were trained to use mattresses as a life preserver alternative.

===
The 'Kolossal' German prisoner was captured in the eastern trenches in France in 1916.

===
Spinning yarn in a village in Russian in 1910.
Look at how the porch was put together.


<>
The worst part about being an insomniac is having to eat spiders while I'm awake to maintain my yearly average.

<>


NOTABLE PEOPLE

Men and their games.

===

===
She just looks so...healthy...

===

===
Picasso costume.

===
???

===
I like people who do shit like this.

<>

===

===

===

===


===


2 comments:

Fardygardy said...

the golf pic...

I played a course in South Africa a few years ago, and it was just like your picture. 10-15 ft chain link, topped with barbed wire surrounded the course, which was otherwise in the wild. I could never figure out if it was to keep the wild animals or the poor people off the course. (SA has a huge poor black population with high crime)

On the same note, there is a golf course in Krueger Animal Park (Huge, northern SA) with no fences, so animals occasionally cross (or hang out) on one of the holes. They have right-of-way, so you have to wait. They had to cancel a tournament a few years ago, when a pride of lions killed a deer of some sort on the fifth green.

Jambe said...

Those Asian carp are filter feeders. There's little they can do to fuck the Great Lakes, since they've already been fucked by invasive filter-feeding mussels which are so numerous now that they can filter the entire lake ecosystem every ~4 days. The article I read about it some months ago interviewed a fisheries manager who said, "Lake Michigan is an aquatic desert."

It's certainly something flowing over the model's face. It could well be water, or given the gloss and the way it's holding bubbles e.g. on the bridge of her nose, mineral oil. And yes, the white bits are reflections from the superbright light(s) one needs to stop motion like that.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive