About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

WEDNESDAY #3297

One Of My Very Own

EMAIL: ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com


NEWSY BITS

That Georgia/Oklahoma game was one of the best match-ups I've ever seen.
And my Gamecocks came from being down 16 points to pull off a victory over Michigan.

===

This is my response of choice when some snowflake gets upset with me.



PEOPLE WHO THINK VERY WELL

Snow Maze in Poland (Zakopane)
But, boy, doesn't that look like a lot of backbreaking work.

===
The tomb of the so-called "Griffin Warrior".

This is a photo of the agate bead in the condition that it was unearthed. As you can see, it didn't look like much. As such, it sat in a drawer for two full years before researchers got around to removing the heavy layers of deposits that obscured the intricate carving.

These show the breathtakingly diminutive scale of this masterpiece.

It would be a remarkable achievement for any human living in any time period. But step back and consider that this carving was done in 1450BC by a Minoan artist. The Minoans were essentially the great-grandfather civilization that preceded the classical ancient Greeks. The artist of this piece lived 1,000 years before the parthenon was constructed.
Just look at this. I mean really look at it. Being only a few millimeters long, the hand of the fallen warrior is delicately carved with realistic muscle structure.
Apart from being a wonder of micro-artistry, the most baffling thing about it is the style. It shows an understanding of anatomical realism that would not even be attempted again for another 1,000 years.

===
We are going to need people like him on the Mars bases.

===
Back when every detail mattered.

===
I'm not above cheating either. I would never cheat a person, but if you don't game the system, the system will game you.

===
Funny but fake. But I will never understand how otherwise intelligent people fall for the whole Bitcoin scam to start with.
And when the bubble bursts and a handful of people end up with billions of real dollar and everyone else is scalped, the suckers will come looking for the government to make it all better.

===
So you can kill stuff deader.

So you can kill stuff deadest.

===
Ridiculously photogenic baby meets her dad for the first time.
I say all babies are ridiculously photogenic.
I offer as proof...
After making a mess, this is his "Let Me Explain" face.


Proof that babies like cameras...


===
Before hip hop, there was Solo jazz. They still do battles (now often with a little influence from hip hop, ironically) during Swing Dancing competitions mostly. The one on the right is my very talented buddy, Sep Vermeersch.
===
How helpful of him.

===

===
A father boasts, "They love TV but they'd rather build forts in the woods with me. I think it's a win."

===
I guess to identify ringers.


<>
Everyone gets to be young once and only once. My turn is long over.

<>
Hahahabananahaha!


PEOPLE WHO DO NOT THINK VERY WELL

Kill it with fire!

===
Situational awareness.


How do you not see a big ass yellow thing dangling in the road directly in front of you?

It looks like his roll speed increases instead decreases. What's up with that?


===
Geez.

===
And Some Say He's Still Running.
He never returned, no he never returned and his fate is still unknown.

===
Trump's Hall of Presidents statue
That is just  god awful.

===
Hahahabananahaha!

===
The Sumolestor
You have to love those Japanese.

===
Looks like Canada is slowly trying to distance itself from the US...piece by piece.

===
I knew a young man who was a drum major for a university. I don't even remember his name, but I remember he used to fuck his sister. And that's true.

===


<>
There is nothing sadder than a forty year old guy with spiky hair.

<>

THE ANIMAL KINGDOM

"Fuck that one duck." - God, probably

===
Saiga Antelope
And on the seventh day...God was hammered and made that guy.

===
Broken pack of bacon in the Wal-Mart parking lot. Thought nothing of it until I looked a couple vehicles down the row.

These poor pups were locked on the bacon the entire time.  The were really good and didn’t leave the back of the truck, even though it sure looked like they wanted to.

===

===
His name is Flash.
Like a fucking boss!

===
Watch this carefully.
It looks like that big boy slapped his soon to be meal with his tail...to stun it long enough to eat.
But look at the configuration of the the tank. I looks like the little fish can escape to safety through those bars. My question is, why would they ever want to venture to the that side of the tank?

===
Really BIG Crocodile cruising past, looking for a snack.
Notice how efficient he is, expending very little energy for mobility.


<>
Shout out to all the early humans who died figuring out what plants we can and can't eat.

<>


POINTS OF DISCUSSION

"Si vis pacem, para bellum." If you want peace, prepare for war.
But this is not war.
That is an extinction event. And we pay trillions to keep them at the ready...a push of a button away.

===
Said to be a swimming pool during an earthquake.
Terrifying how weak we are. 

===
I'll just let this speak for itself.

===
Amphitheater of El Jem, Tunisia

Am I awful the think that would be the greatest place to play laser tag or paintball?

<>
That is SO untrue.

===

===

===

===

===


===

1 comment:

Jambe said...

That goose actually got 7200 volts from a power line in Muskegon, MI back in May. My favorite comment on the Reddit thread where I saw it was, "The Canadian Air Force strikes again."

Regarding the puffer fish & its prey: the goldfish were placed there by a human to feed the puffer. Those may be bars, but they look to my eye more like corrugations in a clear plastic divider. In any case, the two goldfish are trapped in there w/the big one (and the darker fish darting around beneath are separated by another layer of plastic/glass and may be in another tank altogether, which can be discerned by the scales/bits of the goldfish landing on it as opposed to sinking down further).

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive