About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Monday, February 5, 2018

MONDAY #3329

One Of My Very Own

EMAIL: ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com

THE DOORS - PEOPLE ARE STRANGE

NEWSY BITS

From an Englishman:
"Today, thousands marched through London in dispute at the lack of funds invested into our wonderful health service by this Tory government and their suspected threat of privatization. Not surprisingly, no national TV news or media have felt the need to report on this!"

===
===
That happened a couple of miles from my house.

===

===
For you people who play the football boards, I bet you've never seen a halftime win at 2-2.




ADVICE OR OPINIONS YOU CAN TAKE OR LEAVE

Have a baby.
There is nothing in life like creating life. The most joy anyone can feel. And those people who used to say that they don't want kids laugh at themselves when they finally do, saying things like "I had no idea." Indeed.

===
It was once declared on a TV interview that I was very lucky to get to make a living doing what I loved most...Painting murals. I told her that I fight every mural I paint because they were trying very hard to make me look like an idiot.

===
Speaking of being an idiot, you have to try real hard to be this stupid...

===

===
That's the way it was in Germany when I was there.

===
"For years, racist authoritarians in New York City defended the stop-and-frisk program in which primarily black and brown people were repeatedly stopped without any particularized suspicion and forced to turn out their pockets, empty their bags, even strip naked in public on frozen-street corners."
Guns don't kill people; gang bangers kill people.
Each police department has a color coded map of their city. Red zones is where relatively all the action is. They sanely patrol these zones much more than, say, a rich neighborhood where hardly anyone ever calls the police.  In these red zones there are many more people in possession of illegal weapons, so it only makes sense to search these people.
And it works. The stats bear it out. 

===

===

A NET ZERO

Texting has saved us humans so much time that used to be spent on long drawn out telephone conversations. But we text much more often.

===

===
As a long time public school teacher I can tell you that girls bully other girls more often than boys do boys.
I think it's because girls normally don't physically fight back. And easy mark as it were.


<>
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?

<>


PEOPLE DOING THINGS I CAN'T OR WON'T DO

Go back and look how he looks at the camera when he's showing off his creation.

===
:O

===
And it's a weed!

===
Guy lights then shoots a propane tank, just because.
I wonder what the fish thought about that.

===
Good god y'all. Did you notice that the soil is white on his route, meaning it hadn't been traversed yet?


<>
Anyone else ever had a girl in Vacation Bible School tell you she's had sinful feelings for you?

<>


THINGS I LEARNED RECENTLY


===
Iranian women protesting the proposed hijab regulations in 1978.
They lost the argument.

===
What the fuck is that? Are you actually supposed to put that stuff in your mouth?

===
How to convert a number to binary and back again.
I had no idea it was that easy.

===
Knock on wood you smug bastards.


<>
Lies are like rabid tigers. They are bad.

<>


ART AND PHOTOGRAPHY

THEN AND NOW
I can't believe they got rid of all those magnificent buildings for a park.

===

Seattle and the looming Mt. Rainier
My brother owned a home there and at one time the city wanted to impose a "View tax" based on whether the mountain could be see from your property. My brother argued that he was already paying a view tax because his property was worth much more money BECAUSE there was that view, therefore he was already assessed higher taxes.

===
Speaking of mountains...

===
Monument Valley National Park - Utah, USA
One of the most beautiful states.

===

===
Wow.

===
I'm going to assume these were placed all around the city as an art installation.

===
Photography I can tolerate...


===
I know this is not technically art, but I have no other place to put it.
Uruguayan grill...meat is what's for dinner.
Can't you just smell that. Yummy.


<>
I would pay a lot of money to watch Trump assemble a piece of IKEA furniture.

<>


WHEN THINGS GO WRONG

Fleeing a killer whale


Question: Would you want a frustrated orca's dinner sitting atop your much too fragile boat?

===
Yuck!

===
Those zany Russians.
Population control?

===
How terribly sad.

===
Where the air hurts your face. No thanks.

===
Man making turkey noises to attract turkeys, gets shot in the leg by another turkey hunter who mistakes him for a turkey.
Gif wouldn't load, but you didn't miss much, just to guys going ape shit and one of them holding his bleeding leg.

===
Should’ve beliefed in your second grade teacher.

===
If you live near or just have to drive through areas like this...
I feel sorry for you. That, in my opinion, is more of a blight than slums.
Places like Hilton Head Island in South Carolina solved that with an ordinance forbidding any sign taller than six feet and it must be made of natural materials. The downside is that it's hard to find the store you are looking for until you are right in front of it.

===
My brother brewed beer on time, and it just so happened while I was visiting he had a big party at his home and poured the first glass from the batch. He made a lot of hoopla telling the guests that I would taste it first. Well, I had no idea what homemade beer was supposed to taste like, so I took a tiny little sip and declared it delicious. Minutes later my brother began to berate me in front of all his guests for not telling him the batch had gone bad.

===

===
===
Those are the speakers you used to hang in the car window at drive-in movie. Almost every visit there is someone who tries to drive off with it still attached and they rip out their window.

<>

===

===

===

===

===


===
Why is she on her tip-toes?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've heard about this, she's leaning forward for a better angle. Female urinals come up occasionally in bar convo.
DG

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive