About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Saturday, February 24, 2018

SATURDAY #3348

One Of My Very Own


Stevie Nicks, “Edge of Seventeen”

NEWSY BITS

Forget about the joke, that looks exactly like the surface of the ice in curling.

I wonder if they would allow you to do this.
You could still slide downhill, I guess.

Has to be an American...
Speaking of...

Biathlon facts I looked up...
Metal target sizes are 4.5in in diameter for standing targets and the silver dollar size for prone targets. Shooting distance is 50m for all shooting stages.

===

On this date in 1945 the Marines raised the US flag on Iwo Jima

===
*MNBT but who knows for sure.

===
Then you won't get one, bitch. But what about the ex-soldiers who are coaches or teachers who WANT one? This is not an all or nothing arrangement. After rigorous training volunteer teachers get a carry permit go help protect YOUR children. I've heard every lunatic scare scenario you can think of.
T: What if a student grabbed it? RH: Then have a trigger lock and the key is around your neck for fast extraction.
  am I suppose to do with my students while I roam around hunting for the shooter? RH: Don't leave your room. Just hunker down with you gun aimed at the door. 
T: But I'm scared of guns. RH: IT'S VOLUNTARY!!!
T: What if the shooter is a deranged teacher and you allowed him in the school with a gun. RH: A deranged shooter would have no problem getting a gun in a school now.
T: Why don't we just have a bunch of cops wondering around? RH: You have no idea how expensive that would be and who's going to pay?

===
Question: Do you think that they had unlit backup drones hovering around up there in case one or more of the drones malfunctioned?




SHIT YOU DON'T SEE EVERY DAY
AKA
WHY ALIENS DON'T VISIT US


===

===
When you wonder why kids are eating laundry soap then remember this is the start of the generation raised by people you went to high school with. 

===
The Russians have arrived in Seoul.

Speaking of...

===
I had a girl once who could pinch the shit out of me with her toes.

===

===
What it is, is puss.

And...

And...

===
Jeeeeez.


<>
Why don't electric cars have solar panels on the roofs, trunk and hood lids? I know it ain't much, but if you leave your car in a parking lot all day...well, you see my point.

<>


PRETTY GOOD IDEAS


===

===
What it is, is teamwork.

===
This is his JOB!

===
Aaaaaah...
One of my most favorite foods and it is very satisfying when it releases like that.

===
How clever.

===
The Amber alert is such a good idea.


<>
Hey NASA, if there is a new moon every month, where does the old one go?
(sorry)

<>


LET'S LEARN SOMETHING, SHALL WE

The trick, of course, is that there are two huge slots under the rail on the right and left and it is much easier for the coin to be pushed to the sides into the slots than to push all that weight.

===
Where parking is at a premium.

===
It is called virgin corduroy.
I don't know how I feel about that. Communing with nature my ass.

===
It is called a Hydraulic Felling Wedge.
That is the whitest wood I have ever seen.

===

On December 4, 1958, Robert Tim and John Cook took off from McCarran Airfield in Las Vegas, Nevada, in a used Cessna 172. They landed back at McCarran Airfield on February 4, 1959, after 64 days, 22 hours, 19 minutes and 5 seconds in flight. The flight was part of a fund-raising effort for the Damon Runyon Cancer Fund. Food and water were transferred by matching speeds with a chase car on a straight stretch of road in the desert and hoisting the supplies aboard with a rope and bucket.
The record still stands. I commend them.

===
Prize money is coming to computer gaming. It's about time.
You gamers may not know it, but you all look exactly like the guy on the right in blue. I've seen you and taken pictures.

===
Fuck you! Why does everyone think that my dick is filthy? Get a drop of pee on you finger? Well, people DRINK pee! And you people who tell people that everyone MUST wash their hands after touching a filthy dick, good luck in getting your girlfriend to give you car head on the way home.

===
===
Where the first waves of nukes are expected to hit.
I would have thought Columbia, SC would have been ignored....but noooooo.
Seems a bit of an overkill to me.

===
That is the reason airbases and aircraft carriers spend so much time removing debris from the tarmac and runway.

===
What millions of years looks like in one photo.
I wish I lived where I could look at that every day of my life. I find such things breathtaking.


<>
If you are born deaf, what language do you think in? Maybe pictures?

<>
From a 2011 post.
Loyal viewer was going through the archives and found this. Said I was far ahead of my time.


ART AND aRT

It is rather trippy.

===

Scrabble tile art piece I did several years ago. Now Lives at Ripley's Believe it or Not museum.

It's at the Niagara Falls Ripley's Odditorium. Same old same old except that several lines from Mary Shelley's book are worked into the piece. That took it from art to Art in my opinion.


===
James creates artworks using natural objects he finds around his home in Yorkshire, England.

Can you spot the Holey Moley in this one?
9 o'clock position second ring from outside.

Not all of us arrangers like to expend that much energy.

===
A janitor in Japan created these amazing puzzles.

It was stated that they couldn't be "solved" whatever that means.

Personally, I don't like a route just stopping.
But that might just be me.

===
I was hoping so much that this was some kind of painted sculpture.
But after spending some fruitless time researching, I think it's just photoshopped. Bummer, that.


<>
I agree that it was getting out of hand, but I kind of miss all the nudes you ladies were sending me.

<>


AMUSING ANIMALS

Kitty Hendrix playing air guitar.

===

===
Stealthy bastard.

===
Reminds me of myself around Tollhouse cookies or my wife around just about anything edible.

===
They will never believe that his cow ate it.

===
Want to guess what caused this.
A frog hopping across a dewey windshield.

===
Solving problems at its finest.
Would he hurt himself if he fell? Probably, but his job at that age is learning the laws of physics. And sometimes those lessons are painful...but lasting.

<>
This is my wonderful wife and her mother who has Alzheimer's.
It is beyond sad and so very taxing on all concerned. My wife is the one on the left.

<>

===

===

===

===
Fuck you, you condescending prick.


===


===

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Voted one of the 20 Rock and Roll Songs, by whom?

Ghostrunner said...

Arming teachers is the very definition of insanity.

Robin said...

Another thing to know about the coin drop amusements is that when the coins do fall, there are two large holes either side of the slot to funnel quite a few of them back into the machine. Only a percentage of those that fall are paid out.

Ralph Henry said...

An ex-girlfriend in Peoria.

Ralph Henry said...

Let me get this straight, you want your child barricaded in a room waiting on a shooter and do nothing? What if the teacher is an ex-marine or ex-cop. What if it was someone like me? I don't care how you want to picture teachers walking around with six shooters, but in reality the gun could be locked in a safe until there is absolute no other alternative than to fight back. And only after training, and only after the teacher volunteers. Do you remember the dead coach who stood in front of the kids and was shot? Don't you think he deserved at least a fighting chance. I'm not talking about armed teachers slinking around the school seeking out an active shooter. I'm talking about once the door is barricaded give them SOMETHING to fight back with. It's like not having fire extinguishers in class rooms because someone might get hurt with them. I was a teacher for 20 years and I KNOW I would have wanted a accessible gun in an active shooter situation. That is not insanity.

Ghostrunner said...

The first thing we have to get straight is approach. Other civilized countries still live in a world without regular mass shootings. The United States is the only one still scratching its head trying to figure out why it keeps happening. All of the other (civilized) countries have left a successful blueprint to follow, and throwing more guns onto a burning inferno isn't the answer. Ronald Reagan was surrounded by "good guys with guns." New York City policemen fire with 18% accuracy. But Mr. Brown from the English department is going to spring into action and save the day with a handgun? Or is he going to have a modified AR-15 like the shooter? And what happens when the police show up and see him holding a gun? Who's the good guy? And what if the teacher is literally brown... or black... or god forbid, Muslim?

Again, if you're listening to the NRA and think that more guns is the answer, we're never going to agree on this issue.

Peace out.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive