About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Wednesday, February 7, 2018

WEDNESDAY #3331

One Of My Very Own

EMAIL: ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com

Charles Trenet - La Mer
I can't get enough of this song.

NEWSY BITS



("...horse in riot gear"????)




Even the cops in Philly were hyped.




===


===
Look, I don't like the man either, but I heard him and it was a silly joke. He was laughing when he said it. He has more than enough stuff warranting criticism without having to stoop to this.

===

===




AUTOMOBILES

How very wonderful. To think this used to be racing speed.

===
I ran across this and at first thought it was left over from WWII.

I knew they used VWs in the war.

But then I noticed the taillights and knew it was a modern vehicle.

VW taillights got larger and larger.

===
My girlfriend in high school drove a GTO like this, only it was red.


<>
It's time to start working on your summer body, and remember, nothing burns calories as well as unbridled rage.

<>


PLACES I'LL NEVER VISIT



It was posited that King Aurthur's castle was named Camelot because the French poet who penned a tale about the king needed something to rhyme with Lancelot.  



===

Wadi Al-Salaam (وادي السلام) in Najaf, Iraq is the World’s Largest Cemetery


Contains around 5,000,000 bodies.
That would be a great place for paintball.

===
Beautiful, but I couldn't take my eyes off the scaffolding on the right. Imagine how honored you would be to be called upon to repair such a structure.

===


Some have a lot more triangulation bracing than others. I would think there was a best design that would be duplicated over and over.


===


The infamous elephants foot at Chernobyl.


One of the most iconic photographs ever.
What we all thought when it happened.
My first thoughts were of how it could be the death toll of nuclear power.

The ghost city of Pripyat.  Completely abandoned in a very short amount of time.  The power plant is visible in the distance.

There were hundreds of images in the article I read, this being the most poignant. 
Then I ran across this before and after pictures.
What breaks the windows. I assume bird strikes can do their share, but when it was operating did a window just break and have to be replaced? I don't think so. Could be vandals but I doubt it.
Well, it's not the place's fault.


<>
If pigs are so smart who do 66% of them build houses with ineffective, stupid materials?

<>


PEOPLE WORTH WATCHING

Why I became addicted to the internet.

===

===
You can actually *see* the speed of sound as the crowd fist pumps to "We Will Rock You" Queen - LIVE AID 1985
Fascinating science and a tribute to Freddie's unparallelled (sp?) ability to work a crowd.

===
Half the women in the world struggle to keep their panties out of there and the other half wear thongs.

===
Diver suspended in current.

===
MNBT*

===
MNBT*

===
MNBT*


<>
I think I ask people if they have brain damage more than anyone in America. Story Time: I knew a drug abuse counselor who during a TV interview said that sniffing glue could cause "Damn Braimage." True.

<>


DISCUSSION POINTS


And...
RH - You thinking that was supposed to be "whining"?

===

===


I wasn't anymore interested in my college degrees diplomas than I would be for my elementary or junior high. It was just a step I needed to take, no more no less.


===
What a wonderful language.

===
If I'm not mistaken the Russian people know the elections are rigged and they just don't care.

===
Please read.


<>
Welcome to the DMV waiting room. If you don’t have a cough, one will be issued to you.

<>


OBJECTS OF INTEREST

There are two more panels. Want to guess the punchline?

===
I could never get my vase masks to peel this cleanly. Glaze is not like paint. It's just barely attached to the pot until fired. You can easily scrape it off with a fingernail.

===

===
Protesters defaced a Winston Churchill-themed cafe in London amid claims the establishment “celebrates British imperialism,” ruthlessly perpetuated by one of the most revered prime ministers in British history.


The Blighty cafe in Finsbury Park – where customers can drink out of Churchill-adorned mugs and pose beside a replica of the wartime leader – has been repeatedly vandalized by anti-imperialist protesters.
RH: I've only had one of my hundreds of murals vandalized and that was by the Mexican gang, MS13.

===

===
Woof on the roof
There are several things problematic with that image. The door is nice, but the roof...what the hell is wrong with the roof? And check out how the "extension" ladder was configured.

===
We all had a feeling that coffee made or at least helped us poop in the morning.
Well now the scientists have weighed in.

For whatever reason some friends and I were discussing the coffee/poop relationship. One guy didn't drink coffee so someone asked him what made him poop in the morning. He said, "Gravity."
Funny guy. Dead now.

===


These mines were used to blow up locomotives. They were placed into the 'rocks' and added to the coal. When the stoker added the coal to the furnace the mines blew up and tore the boiler into a shredded mess of iron a lot like the next picture.

===
*Might not be true

<>

===

===

===

===

===

===

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Whinge" is a British/Australian synonym of "whine".

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive