About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Monday, March 26, 2018

MONDAY #3378

VIEWER'S PHOTO
One Of My Very Own

EMAIL: ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com

NEWSY BITS


===0===

I will state again. I am proud of all these young people.
Indeed.




THINGS THAT IMPRESS THE HELL OUTTA ME

Grandma teaching sign language

===0===

I have a friend, a retired EMS guy, who gives blood every time he is eligible. 

===0===

Very intense movie.

Stars these two guys.

And this guy only appeared for a few minutes, but he nailed it.
Strongly recommend.

===0===

I'm thinking he's working from a photograph.


Did you notice the face in the background?

===0===

I so hope this is not photoshopped, but I fear the worse.

===0===

Elon wants to change city transportation.
Boring Co urban loop system would have 1000’s of small stations the size of a single parking space that take you very close to your destination & blend seamlessly into the fabric of a city, rather than a small number of big stations like a subway and all tunnels Hyperloop will prioritize pedestrians & cyclists over cars.

===0===

I tried to post this years ago and it wouldn't load.
I had no idea chickens could fly that well.

===0===

Coffer damn?
If I'm not mistaken, the Romans invented it.

===0===

And it can land on a lawn. Bravo.

===0===

Beautiful unassisted triple play by the Phillies' Eric Bruntlett.

===0===

Said to be "Secret Book Store entrance."

===
And to think much more than that is underwater.

===0===

Take a moment to marvel...
I can almost smell it and hear it...or not hear it as the case may be.


<>
No thank you free mattress on the side of the road, I prefer to get my crabs the old fashioned way, by sleeping with drunk complete strangers.

<>


HUMOR

If I'm not mistaken, this is from Joe Dirt.

===0===

The hero we need.

===0===

It's called a sight gag and they please me.

===0===

Career Goals:
"Fewest Sick Days Taken"?


<>
I was raised to call gas stations, filling stations.

<>


PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY

White people.

===0===


===0===

Marlin fights back...
Ouch!

===0===



Please take a couple of minutes and visit this; it is eye opening.


Here is a comment from that post:

===0===

This guy confesses in court to sucker punch caught on tape.
It's a game to people like that. A knock out gets you bragging rights.
RH: The Liberace of lawyers.

<>
A wise man once told me, "Sir for just 50 cents more, you can add cheese to that."

<>


SERVICE DOGS

Ran across hundreds of these and picked my favorites.












<>
Meet some woman you don't like? Ask them if they intentionally styled their hair like that.

<>


LET'S LEARN

A friend who has joined our frenzy to find "star dollars" came upon this.
I have never found a star on anything but ones, and once you start looking, it's difficult to stop.
If you would like to help my friend in his collection of star one dollar bills, send it to:


Star Bill

3008 Rosewood Drive 

Columbia, South Carolina 29205

It would be a hoot if they just started showing up in the mail with no return address. Let's give it a try. Make a fellow human being's day for only one dollar.

===0===

Michoacán Monarch Sanctuary, Mexico
That was a gif that wouldn't load, but suffice to say the scene was alive with movement.
And now they allow tourists. Not sure how I feel about that.

===0===

I posted that years ago, but was so moved by it that I think about it almost every day. Think about that when you send my friend a star dollar.

===0===

Flint, Michigan........ how the FUCK is this still a thing?
I think they ought to start a Go Fund Me. I have never sent money to any of those, but I would to help those poor folks. Now think about that foreign aid money in the budget I posted days ago.

===0===

I didn't know these existed.

===0===

The countless hours I have spent on beaches and I have never found a sand dollar alive.

===0===

When I was still writing seriously I loved to take my computer to a location similar to a scene I was describing in my book. I can type without looking at the key board. I would sit in a lawn chair with the computer in my lap, look out over the scene and type away. I included the sounds, smells, etc I experienced.

===0===

I read somewhere years ago that English classes in other countries would use American blogs to help teach those students not only English, but more specifically American humor. I joked at the time that they would have trouble with my twisted humor. Well, I get a few comments left on very old blogs, and they all are similar to this:



"After looking over a few of the blog posts on your blog, I seriously appreciate your technique of writing a blog. I added it to my bookmark webpage list and will be checking back in the near future. Please visit my website too and let me know what you think." 

(note that that person did not include their site address.)



This is one of my favorite:

"naturally like your web-site but you have to check the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling issues and I in finding it very troublesome to inform the reality however I'll certainly come again again."
(RH: RIFE! Damn, girl, somebody's got a thesaurus.)

<>

===0===


===0===

===0===


===0===


===0===



===0===


No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive