About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Thursday, March 22, 2018

THURSDAY #3374

VIEWER'S PHOTO
One Of My Very Own

EMAIL: ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com

NEWSY BITS

Down goes a Banksy
I bet that is worth a whole lot of money.




PEOPLE - SOME STRANGE


===0===


===0===


===0===

That big brother deserves a hand.

===0===

These are roasts in the internet world.





<>
Don't you hate it when you're doing a nude selfie in a leather harness and you accidentally press answer on your bartender's face time?

<>


PLACES

This was lied about. Posted that it was abandoned in North Carolina and I researched it.

The Inn at Rodanthe, on Hatteras Island, and is not abandoned. It was moved inland 8 or 10 yrs ago and you can stay there today.



===0===

Plague Fort, St. Petersburg, Russia
Fort Alexander: Gulf of Finland ca~1845 Originally a fort commissioned to protect St Petersburg. Became a “plague” research facility later.

===0===

Japanese WWII warplane lies wrecked in shallow water off Guam.

The remains of a P-38 Lightning on a beach in Wales.
Imagine that you can still just happen upon such finds.

===0===

RH: I wouldn't know anything about that.

The eerie yellow brick road of abandoned Land of Oz theme park in North Carolina.

===0===

Southerners can't fathom living in a place without a backyard. But I will give him an E for effort.

===0===

Who was it that put us in charge of the world?

===0===

Abandoned 50's restaurant

That reminded me of The Top Of Carolina restaurant I where I dined a couple of times.

It makes one complete revolution in the average time it takes to eat a meal.

===0===

Protesting on an Indian Reservation.


<>
 I once slept with this girl who works at Netflix, which was pretty cool because afterwards she recommended other girls I may also like sleeping with.

<>


THINGS YOU DON'T SEE EVERY DAY


RH: Just a reminder that "every day" means every 24 hours, and "everyday" means average or common.

===0===


===0===

Not a clue.

===0===


===0===

Easy for me, a white person, to say.

===0===

"Bone Music," bootleg records from Soviet Russia.

"In post WWII Russia, Stalin banned the possession of any western music. All records allowed in the country had to be of Russian composers. But there was an underground hungry for Western popular music—everything from jazz and blues to rock & roll. But smuggling vinyl was dangerous, and acquiring the scarce material to make copies of those records that did make it into the country was expensive and very risky. An ingenuous solution to this problem began to emerge in the form of “bone music," or sometimes called "bones 'n' ribs" music, or simply Ribs because they were stamped into discarded x-ray film.

A young 19 year-old sound engineer Ruslan Bogoslowski in Leningrad changed the game when he created a device to bootleg western albums so he could distribute them across Russia. Problem was he couldn't find material to bootleg his pressings onto, vinyl was scare as were all petroleum products after the war. Then, one day he stumbled upon a pile of discarded X-rays. It worked. At the time, Russian law mandated that all X-rays had to be destroyed after 1 year of storage because they were flammable so he dug through trash bins and paid off orderlies for x-rays and for 20 years he handmade about 1,000,000 bootlegs onto X-ray film of everything from classical to the Beach Boys, eventually spending five years imprisoned in Siberia for this rebellion.


===0===
That refers to the on-line lunacy of claiming to identify as an attack helicopter. No idea what kind of sex would result, but it is probably rough.

===0===


===0===

ANIMAL SECTION

Speaking of...
Most people would consider that animal abuse.
And maybe this...

===0===

Ran across forms of governments explained using a cow. I don't understand this one.
Any of you Irish people enlighten me?

===0===

Mandarin Duck
That thing looks so very delicious.

===0===

That is adorable.

===0===



<>
Any speed can be 'breakneck' speed if you're clumsy enough.

<>











And my favorite...
I'm not so sure those were perfectly timed as they were perfectly positioned.

<>
Join the military.

===

===

===

===

===


===

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"That big brother deserves a hand"

One of the best lines I have ever seen! Thank you!

psm

Fardygardy said...

I believe the Irish things has to do with drunkedness.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive