About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

WEDNESDAY #3373

VIEWER'S PHOTO
One Of My Very Own

EMAIL: ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com

A WONDERFUL QUESTION
Isn't the difference between human DNA and chimpanzee DNA only about 1.5%? How can the astronaut's DNA change 7% and not be obvious, like a horse or something? 

Anybody?

===0===


It may still be possible to use Sudan's genetic material to keep the species going.
It makes me really sad to say but Sudan the world's last male white northern rhino has died. "He was a gentle giant, his personality was just amazing and given his size, a lot of people were afraid of him. But there was nothing mean about him," said Elodie Sampere, a representative for Ol Pejeta.

===0===


Nobody seems to give a fuck about civil forfeiture until it happens to them. And please remember, many of these folks are totally innocent.

===0===

*MNBT

===0===


===0===

But early indications are she stepped right out of the shadows into a place she shouldn't have.

===0===

Well?

===0===

Let's have a moment of levity at the President's expense...









IMAGES I DEEMED BLOGGABLE

Satellite dishes on the roofs of Aleppo, Syria

Moshav (co-operative village) farm at Nahalal, Israel. I'm going to guess there is a well in the center.

Greenhouses in San Augustin near Almería, Andalusia, Spain. You can see them from space.

Windmills of Banning Pass, near Palm Springs, California, United States

Center-Pivot irrigation, Ma’an, Jordan

<>
HUMAN BODY: I can grow a fully formed human baby in like 9 months. I'm talking brain, functioning respiratory system, eyeballs, everything. 
ME: Cool, cool. How long will it take for my twisted ankle to feel better?
HUMAN BODY: 7 years and it will never be the same.

<>


I'M MADE AS HELL AND I'M NOT TAKING IT ANY MORE


===0===

We call people like that Trailer Trash.

===0===

Wait for the eye-roll...

===0===


===0===

⚠ Trigger warning ⚠
"Trigger"...get it.

===0===


===0===


===0===


===0===


===0===


===0===


===0===



<>
Me: *text* Hey, what’s for dinner?
Wife: Roast Chicken.
Me: Cool, you need me to pick up anything on my way home?
Wife: Yes, a roast chicken.

<>


LEARNING NEW THINGS

The Magnetar

Neutron stars are city-size stellar objects with a mass about 1.4 times that of the sun. They are born from the collapse of a large star and are so dense that a teaspoon full would weigh over a billion tons. That carries with it a lot of magnetism. How much?   Well the earth carries 1 gauss of magnetism, our sun has a few hundred. A neutron star carries a whopping trillion-gauss magnetic field. You read that right.....trillion, with a T.

The magnetar is a neutron star with a magnetic field up to 1 quadrillion-gauss. That's 1000 trillion times more magnetic than the field you're sitting in right now. If a magnetar was to suddenly replace the sun right now, the magnetism would be so powerful it atomize you almost instantly.


===0===

Swedish soldier
Most modern armies in the world simply couldn't function without women.

===0===


Mama Bear Assesses Threat Level

===0===

I didn't know this was even possible.

===0===

Meanwhile in Ireland...

===0===


===0===

Firefighter demonstrates how to put out a kitchen fire.

===0===


===0===

Old news?

===0===

Are they out of their minds?

===0===

Young bird dogs that are gun shy will be shot on the spot...unless someone is there to take it home as a pet.

===0===

As I understand it, this is an app.
===0===

Got 13 minutes you are not using? Try this:
Most Expensive MISTAKES Ever Made!

<>
BREAKING NEWS: Lost City of Atlantis found in Detroit pothole.

<>


ANOTHER ATTEMPT AT HUMOR

If you do not recognize this man, you and I can't be friends.

===0===


===0===


===0===


===0===

I haven't berated this choice in footwear in a while, so let me catch up with two...
It could be argued that she was drunk or otherwise impaired, but this child isn't...

===0===


Was in Walmart yesterday and a woman was crying as she lost her tax return money outside and could not buy her children needed clothes, so I gave her $100 from my own pocket.

Gotta pass the love along as I had just found $3000 in an envelope in the parking lot outside.


===0===


===0===


===0===

Let's take a moment to consider: The gentleman in that gif has - almost undoubtedly - motorboated Katy Perry in her prime.

===0===

===0===


And...

===0===


===0===

===0===


<>

===

===

===

===

===


===


No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive