About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Friday, April 27, 2018

FRIDAY #3410

One Of My Very Own

EMAIL: ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com


NEWSY BITS

TRUMPISMS


And...

And...

===0===

A LITTLE HELP FROM MY FRIENDS

The selfies are still arriving in my inbox. I thank each and every one of you and would like this to be a regular part of Folio Olio, so keep them coming.

As a matter of fact, I get many things in my inbox to help me create my posts and there is no way I can thank you enough. Here's an example:

If you come across something and think to yourself "I wonder if Ralph knows about this" then please send it to me. The worse thing that can happen is that I won't use it, but I will be in your debt anyway.

===0===

THINGS THAT MAY NOT BE TECHNICALLY TRUE





As one could easily assume, I am a big fan of The Onion.




<>
Being a dad isn't just about eating a bag of pork skins as your wife gives birth, it also means being comfortable with the word hero.

<>


WE ALL JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN

That is the principle of many "reality" TV shows, especially from Japan.

They have a neverending array of devices to foil your quest.

Watch this child's neck.
They must have to sign their life away to become a contestant.

I can only assume she was trying to get to the target platform...
And counterintuitively, we take great pleasure in her victory.

===0===

Some movies are just fun. This being one of them.

===0===

This lady practiced this in front of a mirror just to entertain her friends, and now you and I.

===0===

Fun cannot be denied to even the most unfortunate.

===0===

She thinks it is fun.
I call it dangerously irresponsible.

===0===

Who could deny the amount of fun this would be?

===0===

A couple who laughs together stays together.
I found that delightful.

===0===

See anything odd?

Up close you can see it's a pencil.
Making people smile. I like it.

===0===

Finally found a short clip of that graveyard doll whose eyes follow you.
What fun!

===0===

Some folks like their fun with others.
Germany

===0===

I watched this several times before I understood.

Here the end is flipped and it is quite clear what's going on.

===0===

Reversing clips makes them more fun...sometimes.

===0===

Now this is how a computer ought to be used.
For my amusement.

===0===

2 years planning, and 21 days to execute this trip.
My kind of fun.

<>
Being an adult is pretty easy. You just feel tired all the time and tell people about how tired you are and they tell you how tired they are.

<>


THE OPPOSITE OF FUN

This is how fast a wildfire spreads in high wind.
So seeing a massive firetruck coming right at them, not to mention a wall of fire, the camera truck just sat there?

===0===

I concur.

===0===

He must be new at that.

===0===

This is Grand Master of situational awareness.
Well done, sir. Well done.

===0===

And somehow he put it back right smack in the middle of the net.
Amazing.

===0===

Trust me, the best way to clean that up is with a large brush. Use it to sweep the paint onto any stiff piece of paper, file folder, sandpaper or even better a dustpan. Then you pour it into the paint can. Spray off after.


<>
In the South we don't tell you when something is vegan, we WARN you when something is vegan.

<>


HAPPENINGS AROUND THE WORLD


===0===

I've seen big waves, but that is ridiculous.

===0===

And that's why we need the Electoral College.

===0===

World War 2 Allied Bombings
But remember, we dropped more bombs in Southeast Asia during the Vietnam War than we did in all of WWII.

===0===

Those large tanks contain fuel so the F4 could fly farther. When extra speed was needed, they were dropped.

Vietnamese farmers turned the fuel tanks jettisoned by U.S. fighter jets during Vietnam into makeshift boats.

And there are a lot of them.

Speaking of...

===0===


The world is dependent on a steady supply of rare-earth elements such as yttrium, europium, terbium, dysprosium. They go into computers, phones, electric cars, solar panels, batteries, and electronic equipment. China is the world's biggest supplier of rare-earth elements and uses its monopoly position as an effective bargaining chip. But Japan just announced that it has discovered a massive lode of rare earth materials that could satisfy the world's requirements on a "semi-infinite basis." (love that term)


===0===

Les Espaces d'Abraxas, Noisy-le-Grand, France

===0===

Those zany Catholics and their incense...


<>
Whale vaginas are large enough to walk through. But don't.

<>

CAREFULLY CURATED CRAP

We have a wax block, light on top, dark on the bottom. What side of the wax block will be dark when it is flipped upside down?
Answer coming up.

===0===


===0===

Why do it do dat?

===0===


===0===

RH: I like how the confidence of that answer implies that vets have at some point sat down and discussed why and how they would survive the apocalypse.

===0===

Got a headstart on the Educational Cistem.

===0===

Chart: many asteroids are worth quintillions of dollars each
The asteroid belt holds untold wealth for the prospectors who can reach and mine them. Wired UK just published an interesting chart of select asteroids valued between 1 and 27 quintillion dollars each.

===0===

Let's take another look at this most wonderful image.
The leaf, the antlers, and the trees all have the exact same structure.

===0===



<>
I asked the librarian if the library had any books on paranoia, and she whispered, "They're right behind you."

<>

<>

===0===


Smile for the camera...

===0===


===0===


===0===

Before you think to counter that he left a book explaining it all in detail, we have many books about Atlantis and Camelot and shit and we don't believe them at all.

===0===


===0===


===0===


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about the answer to yesterday’s Pink Floyd question? Did I miss something?

Keep up the good work.
-Paul

Ralph Henry said...

Sorry, that was more an observation than a question. It just struck me as similar to his style of art covers.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! I tried for quite a while to figure that out.
It does look kinda Storm Thorgerson-esque.
-Paul

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive