About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Sunday, April 15, 2018

SUNDAY #3398

One Of My Very Own

EMAIL: ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com

NEWSY BITS

Zuckerberg's wax figure looks more human than he does.

===0===






RATHER STRIKING VISUALS


===0===


===0===

How the hell do you learn how to do this?


"Deception" (Il Disinganno), by Francesco Queirolo,  carved from a single block of marble in 1752-59. shows a fisherman being released from a net by an angel.  It's hard for me to conceive of the superhuman skill involved in carving that netting from marble.

===0===

Know hope?

===0===



===0===

Mass brawl in the Ukrainian Parliament.
I don't know what you call that technique, but I like it.


<>
When a person with a mullet tells me they don't give a fuck, I 100% believe them.

<>


THINGS INVOLVING ATMOSPHERE


===0===

That's alright, I find erosion depressing.

===0===

Robat?

===0===

John Collins, better known as "The Paper Airplane Guy," has devoted himself to designing, folding, and flying the world's finest paper airplanes.
Enjoy!

===0===

Oh, hell no.


<>
If you're pretty, you're pretty, but the only way to be beautiful is to be loving. Otherwise, it's just "Congratulations on your face."

<>


SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY


===0===

I had no idea...
This is a sagittal section of an elephant's foot.  For those with at least a passing familiarity with human anatomy, the parallels are quite striking: tibia, heel, metatarsals, etc.  The difference is in the pad under the heel. 

===0===


===0===


On April 16, NASA is planning to launch its Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite, or TESS, on a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket. TESS is an Earth-orbiting instrument meant to spot faraway planets circling some 200,000 stars within 300 light-years of Earth. Astronomers hope that TESS will help them learn whether or not there are other habitable planets or even life beyond the Solar System. 

BTW...
My most trusted advisor is in the running for a satellite funding. What I didn't know was that there are companies that build satellites to your specs. It's an amazing process.

===0===


===0===

*MNBT

===0===

Picture of Milky Way in 108199 x 81503 px resolution
This is an extraordinarily detailed image. Open it and zoom in...I dare you.


<>
Solar energy is actually nuclear energy from a safe distance.

<>


SOME THINGS I THINK ABOUT

X-rays used to be trashed after use but are now recycled for the mercury. Old computers for gold and other rare earth materials.
Now I wonder about old pianos and the ivory keys. Anybody know anything about that?

===0===

I liked this movie enough to watch it several times.

Now there seems to be plans for a remake.

===0===

Just put the dick down and back away real slow.

===0===

[Highlight for answer: Question Mark ]

===0===

I suspect that in years to come my grandson will utter just such a statement.

===0===

At first, I thought that was an accident, but then I noticed the wrecking ball. So why are they behaving panicked?

===0===

That may be the only entertainment that little guy gets all day. I find that sad.

===0===

Dordrecht, Netherlands: 1545 to 2018
I really like maps.
Oh, look another one...

Size comparison of various island nations.


<>
Friday, my second favorite F-word.

<>


EXTRAORDINARY INDIVIDUALS

Average guy vs best ever at NFL combine.

===0===

Looks rather odd, doesn't it?

===0===

RUN AWAAAAAY!

===0===

Met an all-woman framing crew today. They didn't use nails, it was all tongue and groove.
(tongue and groove.)

===0===


Workers at the Birmingham Railway Carriage and Wagon Company celebrate the handing over of the first of many Valentine MK2 tanks made for the Russian front, in front of a workshop in Smethwick - September 22, 1941. The Victory-V signs decorating the tank were made of stickers that read: "Speed the Tanks – for Russia!" The workers are holding a Union flag and a Russian flag and many have their fists raised in a Communist salute. 



NOTE: I have downloaded an app called "Grammarly," which is supposed to pick up not only misspelled words but grammatical mistakes. 


I hope this solves my embarrassing errors.

===0===

There are many actors and actresses who are very good an improvisation. I think that was not in the script.

===0===

Holy shit, y'all!

===0===

They look so....normal.

===0===


===0===


Face kind of sucks, but those tits are incredible.


<>
Parents these days are worried about 2 things:
1. What their sons download.
2. What their daughters upload.

<>

<>

===0===


===0===


===0===


===0===


===0===


===0===


===0===


No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive