About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

TUESDAY #3393

VIEWER'S PHOTO
One Of My Very Own

EMAIL: ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com

NEWSY BITS

How sweet it is.

===0===

Let us pray.

===0===

Welcome aboard the Folio Olio train Pakistan...

A friend of mine started a blog many, many years ago, and I told him I was thinking about starting a blog. He gave me two pieces of advice: Pick a topic and stick to it, and to monetize the account. I told him that I wanted a blog about my observations on a whole bunch of topics. He told me that nobody would give a shit about my observations. Then I asked him how much he had earned with his month's long blog and he said (I swear) "8 cents." I learned two valuable lessons from that conversation: A. I don't take advice well, and B. My friend was an idiot.

===0===

Two grown ass adults searched this list twice each for the initials SDB and never found it.

===0===


#OnThisDay
1865: Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee surrendered to Union Gen. Ulysses S. Grant at Appomattox Court House in Virginia.

===0===





THE LEARNING NOOK

The Pantheon in Rome was built as a temple by Hadrian in 117 AD, and has been in continuous use throughout its history.

It is one of the best-preserved of all Roman buildings, now a museum and Roman Catholic church.

But the design was changed, the roof was lowered after construction began and nobody knows why.
Also, the dome is made of concrete; used hundreds of years before we "reinvented" it.

===0===

LIFE ADVICE FROM SOME GUY ON THE INTERNET
That reminds me of the list of questions to ask old people in order to learn about their lives besides "What was it like when you were growing up?"

===0===

When your car was designed for Whataburger.
Okay, that wasn't blog-worthy, except for the Dial-A-Gear. I have never seen that and wonder what make car has it.

===0===


===0===


Basically, it focuses the gas stream from a cheapo lighter you can find anywhere, mixing the fuel with air before the ignition point turning it into a hotter, windproof, directional blowtorch. The flame goes blue as a result of the hotter burn.


===0===

Utah passes America's first "free-range kids" law.

After years of free-range kids campaigning, a state legislature has taken heed: Utah just passed the Child Neglect Amendments, affirming that common activities like letting your kid walk to school or leaving them in the car while you duck into a shop are not neglect or child abuse.


===0===

Boy, do I have a job for you.
Seems like a good idea for places that get a lot of snow. It opens without the door having to push snow in its wake.


<>
I have begun to think of consciousness as that inconvenience between periods of sleep.

<>


CREATIVE PEOPLE


===0===

That is very satisfying.

===0===

Having fun with his stump.

===0===

Clever girl.

===0===

Remember the guy who only paints Chase Banks on fire?

I wonder if he has been investigated by Homeland Security.

===0===


===0===

An alert viewer sent me some new images of murals. This guy is good. Not only is it beautiful, but educational.

Then there is this one.
Notice the bottom of the second image. Muralists never paint over another artist's mural without permission. It's like an unwritten law that I never broke. Once the artist had died and I got permission from his widow.

===0===

Amazing.


<>
You only have one life - one chance to fuck it all up.

<>


SILLINESSES

The Inept Explaner is at it again...

===0===


===0===


????

===0===


===0===


===0===


===0===



<>
It takes 5000 years to get over someone.

<>


THE WORST VOLUME CONTROLS: VOLUME TWO







<>
If people keep asking if you're okay, you probably aren't.

<>



SHIT YOU DON'T SEE EVERY DAMN DAY



The games boys play.

===0===




===0===



This is terrifying.

===0===


===0===

A movie...

And in the opening, it showed the devastation, including this.
By 2067 those could only be found in museums.

===0===

Africans use an escalator for the first time in their lives...

===0===


===0===

Smart inventor guy wins the prize...

Look at the size of this sumbitch's head!
Note: Not same bear.

===0===

Fishnado?

<>

===0===


===0===


===0===


===0===


===0===



===0===


===0===


No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive