About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

WEDNESDAY #3408

One Of My Very Own

EMAIL: ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com

In latin, the month would have been 'iulius' from GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR. The J for his name and July is an English thing that came later.



WORD ON THE STREET

That's really not funny, but I had trouble finding my daily quota of images.

===0===


===0===

Precisely.

===0===

How clever.

===0===

Found another clandestine labeller.
Consider this idea stolen by another label guy.

===0===

Jesus, that could wreck a car.


<>
Being offended does not make you right.
(Write that shit down you whiney bastards.)

<>


FOOLS AND IDIOTS SOLVING PROBLEMS


If you think heating a workspace with an unattended flame thrower next to a tank of propane is stupid, try this...

===0===

Jeeez, just like in the cartoons.

===0===

Some idiots have no respect for electricity.

The lure of the coins is a nice touch.

===0===

Can you imagine writing warnings for ladders that covered all the ways they can be misused?



===0===

Misguided trust in your equipment...

===0===

This guy posted this image to show how he used some old cards to mask the tire when he painted his rims.

Then someone noted this.

I don't know all there is to know about it...

But apparently, it is very expensive.
Or so I'm told.


<>
A crossover between the tale of King Midas and the tale of Oedipus would be pure motherfucking gold.

<>


TECHNOLOGY & SCIENCE

What a great dad.

===0===

Using augmented reality to visualize underground utilities.

===0===

This was a great, educational way to spend 8 minutes.

===0===

Fast ain't he.

===0===

Except for Apple, fuck those guys...or so I've been told.
(Old news? Probably.)

===0===

I once designed a mural for a computer company's entrance way and wanted to use the schematics diagram of a circuit. I took them hours to find one that wouldn't leak any of their "secrets." 

I, for one, would be interested in knowing if it turns out to be effective.


<>
I wish making babies was like calculus, that way stupid people wouldn't be able to do it.

<>


WE ALL HAVE OUR MEMORIES

I grew up when hardly anyone used seatbelts, even children.

As a matter of fact, babies sometimes rode on that ledge behind the back seat.
And imagine what would happen to a motorcycle rider slamming into those fins.

===0===

A line in a Netflix series that I am liking less and less with each episode...
I just thought that a very interesting concept to think about.

===0===

Some friends (including the manager) and I often played poker in the middle of a Pizza Hut after closing. Cops would cruise by and we would but wave at them.

===0===

Remember how yucky the tip would get?

===0===

These were used not that long ago.

===0===

Because of what was deemed a belittling boast that a child was a Straight A student, they changed the grades to 1, 2, 3, 4, which had no effect whatsoever. Now kids brag that they are Straight 1 students. Every teacher on Earth saw that one coming.

===0===

I will never, ever forget the smell of these.

===0=== 

I told a story long ago about a friend of mine who got drafted into the Vietnam War. Prior to that, he would help his extended family in their lumber business, but in a way that I had never heard of. They would load up the basic lumber mill equipment, drive into the deep woods and turn the fell trees into lumber on site. In order to drive in and out with their loads, more or less temporary bridges would have to be built using the timber available, and he got very good at doing that.
Well, in the army he made bridges in the middle of the jungle for moving equipment and supplies. And he was so good at it that when his tour of duty was over, his job was declared "critical need" and he was forced to stay indefinitely.
Anyway, he could have used that highly portable piece of equipment above.


<>
I've hung a Batman outfit in my closet just to fuck with myself when I get Alzheimer's.

<>
Had to read that more than once.


HUMAN BEINGS ARE AN ODD LOT

Knight's stone effigy at Kilmuir cemetery on the Trotternish peninsula on the Isle of Skye, Scotland.
Never understood the need to bury people in holes in the ground. If you still want that, remember that that particular rule was simply proclaimed to be the proper way by people you have no hope of ever meeting. Think for yourself...please.
Here's just one idea..
Why the fuck not?

===0===

Try double clicking this. It's too informative to delete.

===0===

Fred Astaire, dancing on the 1970 Oscars at the same age I am now.
I've been hobbling around for two days because I "slept funny."

===0===

Let's play the game called, "Who's foot is in my ass?"
Not in a million years would I consider that recreation.

===0===

Okay cat lovers, listen up. What if your neighbor's dog dragged home whatever it killed the night before, but because it is much bigger than a cat, his prey included deer, fox, raccoons, possums, an occasional small horse, pigs, etc. Seriously, what would be your objections since you have already set the bar of decency pretty low with cats?

===0===
Situated in north-eastern Wales, the 18 Km long Pontcysyllte Aqueduct and Canal is a feat of civil engineering of the Industrial Revolution, completed in the early 19th century.

===0===


===0===

First of all, the money has nothing to do with it. If she can afford it, then it's none of our business. Also, the only difference between her and other women with breast augmentation and Botox treatments, etc is where you draw the line between just enough and too much.
Personally, I just don't give a fuck, but I know one thing for sure - if she came in my bar, I would want her to sit right next to me.
If you care to know more:


<>

===0===

By the way, he's robbing the place.

===0===

Please read that again. Ask your children to read it. Paint it on your car. Please...the world needs you.

===0===

===0===


===0===


===0===


===0===


No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive