About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Monday, May 14, 2018

MONDAY #3427

One Of My Very Own

EMAIL: ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com



==0==

My grandson won yet another NASCAR race pool. He sure knows how to pick 'em


THINGS I WOULD LIKE TO DISCUSS


Exactly. I phrase it that nobody knows what they are doing, but some of us fake it better than others.

===0===

Please try not to be so easily manipulated by advertisers.

===0===

I just don't like to criminalize something so arbitrary.

===0===

And I will guarantee you it is just as reliable as the zodiac.

===0===

Think about the advances in technology we have witnessed in our lifetime. I predict that soon there will be a quantum leap in batteries and look back and smile about the days we had to recharge our phones multiple times a day.

===0===


Is that true?

===0===

This is a national disgrace. Surely there are remedies to such an epidemic.

===0===

I've never left anything of value on my bumper, but I once left a half-full beer can on it. Drove around for a long time and when I got back the beer was still there.



<>
Customer Service: How does the name appear on your credit card? 
Me: If I had to guess, I'd say it's 11 pt. Arial bold.

<>


VEHICLES

One lucky bastard. But you have to admire the engineering of the barrier.

===0===

R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Or fear?

===0===

Why would that stupid motherfucker do such a thing?
Didn't seem to phase the four-wheeler.

===0===

That is one beautiful train.

===0===

Now imagine a really big airplane coming in for a landing and the vortex behind it. I think that is why they have to be very careful to pace the landings in such a way as to give time for the vortex's dissipation.

Oh, look, I found a gif of it.


===0===

This can stop all those tailgaters.
I think that is a tailpipe.

===0===

What a grand illusion!
It looks like the whole thing is spinning.

For whatever reason, we were given access to the football stadium to do some artwork that involved a jeep just like this one.
We would speed up and down the spiral walkway, just for the thrills.

===0===

Can we assume that he won't be as fortunate when he comes to the low bridge or whatever that was cautioning him?

===0===

One would think that he would have learned how to negotiate that turn during his practice laps.

===0===

If I'm not mistaken, he could have avoided becoming stranded by taking the curbs at an angle.

===0===

I finally found one of these showing it parallel parking to load.
 Seems like much engineering and costs for something needed so seldom.



<>
I've started using Shrek as a unit of time, where 1 shrek = 1hr 35min (the length of the movie) Examples: "See you in a shrek!" (1hr 35min) "Dinner will be ready in half a shrek." (47.5min) "My birthday is only 469.9 shreks away!" (1 month).

<>


PEOPLE NOT AT ALL LIKE US

That face. A lover of drama.

===0===

I think Americans don't dance enough.
That guy is expressing himself perfectly.

===0===


===0===


===0===

I would have thought her hand would have been surgically mended shortly after birth. However, could that configuration be in any way beneficial?

===0===

A real Airbender.

===0===

How Canadians light a campfire.

===0===

A classic correlation/causation fallacy.

===0===

Canadian Crime
This dude wears a surgical mask, breaks into people's homes in the Vancouver area, doesn't steal anything, just rearranges the furniture.

===0===

Is he even human?!

===0===

Reposting this because it still makes me smile.

===0===

That is one healthy young woman.



<>
Maybe leave yourself in a hot car with a window open one inch for 15 minutes while your dog runs into the store.

<>


ART AND art


===0===


===0===


===0===

This political cartoon shows presidential candidate James Blaine covered in tattoos which represent his political scandals. The reaction of his audience is mixed.

===0===


And...

===0===

Actual Breast Bones?



<>
Remember kids, the Toys R Us bankruptcy and liquidation teaches us that poor spelling and grammar will always catch up with you eventually.

<>


PLACES OF INTEREST

An opened CT scanner spinning up to full speed.
Is that supposed to make me less scared?

===0===

So very close. Not only will they eat you, but they will toss you about prior to that.

===0===


Yellowstone National Park

Look how the column braces more or less match. That had to take some time.


===0===

I bet they taste just like shit.

===0===

As of today, there are 3,520 known comets in our solar system.
That was even scarier moving, but it wouldn't load.

===0===

Russian women liberated from a slave labor camp lay flowers at the feet of three dead American Soldiers, World War II, 1945.
Back when the world loved the USA.

===0===

Been there, done that.
And I will never forget the feeling of awe I felt.


<>
You know your old when you pull a muscle in your tongue eating an ice cream cone.

<>


<>

===0===

How not to used firearms

===0===


===0===


===0===


===0===


===0===


===0===


1 comment:

JimR said...

If, for whatever reason, you are interested in the airplane vortex issue. It is called Wake Turbulence. In certain situations and based on the aircraft in front, the trailing aircraft is issued a warning (by Air Traffic Control), "Caution, Wake Turbulence," during approach.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive