About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

WEDNESDAY #3429

One Of My Very Own

EMAIL: ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com

NEWSY BITS



==0==


==0==


==0==





<>
In line at a Toys R Us that has everything at 50% off. Nobody is smiling, no one makes eye contact, and the shelves are bare. A small toddler is in the LEGO aisle eating a human foot.

<>


A LEARNING OPPORTUNITY


The Defense Department’s Joint Non-Lethal Weapons Program has demonstrated the Radio Frequency Vehicle Stopper, an experimental "direct energy weapon" that causes car and boats' electronic engine control units to enter into an endless cycle of rebooting, immobilizing the vehicles until the weapon is switched off.


It is amazing...relatively cheap and non-lethal.

===0===


===0===


3D printing gravitational waves


===0===


===0===

Do you think it works on full-grown potatoes?

===0===

Simone Giertz, a roboticist/satirist/artist/youtuber, has announced that she has a brain tumor the size of a golf-ball behind one of her eyes. It is operable but she could experience longterm vision-loss, paralysis, or cognitive impairment.

You may remember her from her many "inventions."


This is a really sad video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpa4kp4lK60
I really liked her work and posted it often.

===0===

Arrowhead hunter makes a nice find in an Iowa creek bed.

I think this is a wonderful hobby.
I would look around any natural spring.

===0===

We do this to ourselves...time after time.

===0===



Interesting read.
“No, I’m not happy. I want to die. ... It’s not sad, particularly. What is sad is that one is prevented.”

(Since I wrote that, he has passed.)

===0===

Looks like the Cherokee trail.
That I walked on in utter awe. The depression caused by millions of human feet.

===0===

Why do people trust people whose credentials include "I read an article one time"?

===0===

The National Memorial for Peace and Justice, opening Thursday in Montgomery, Alabama, is dedicated to victims of white supremacy and lynching. An undertaking never before seen in the country.
Powerful image.

Hundreds of jars of soil from the sites of documented lynchings, collected by families of victims or community volunteers, are on display at the museum.
The people who say, "Why can't we just forget and move on?" never were on the losing end of that stick.

===0===

Want to feel old?

Yeah, I didn't recognize them either.

===0===


The judge wrote...
RH: My side won!



<>
America needs a president with the strength of will to ban everyone in the country from calling mains “entrees”.

<>
????

PEOPLE WHO DO NOT HUMAN VERY WELL

If the driver is not seatbelted, then no one is seatbelted...

===0===


===0===

I credit demon rum.

===0===

Do you think that is true?

===0===

Hammer drill?

===0===

He might as well put those condoms away.

===0===

Fucking white people.

===0===


===0===

I admire his confidence.

===0===

My oldest daughter.

My youngest daughter.
Oh, do I have stories.

===0===

Logic need not apply...

Yes, the dog is getting patted down.

===0===

The first rule of dodgeball, don't make yourself a target.

===0===
Well, I guess young people have been doing stupid shit for a camera for a long time.

===0===

Teachers after spring break...

===0===

Me when someone slips kale on my plate.



<>
Lost my job as an Old West saloon piano player when a mysterious stranger walked in the door and I just kept playing.

<>


PEOPLE WHO HUMAN VERY WELL

Working that hard to make a total stranger smile...
I like it.

===0===

What a wonderful person.

===0===

A 7-Eleven in California has found a way to keep people from panhandling and loitering outside the store. The owner of the franchise said his customers tell him they feel safer since he started blasting symphonies and occasional operas over outdoor speakers. “Once the music started, the riffraff left."

===0===

A couple of days ago I mentioned our need to dance more. This child has it all figured out.
I just hope she did it without ingested chemicals. 

===0===

Smart guy.

===0===

Effective and Cheap Way to Harvest Sunflower Seeds.

===0===

The opening of the buffet at one of my wife's family reunions.

===0===


===0===



<>
Know who loves me? Hundreds of Russian camgirls with less than 7 followers. Take that, all my exes!

<>

<>

===0===

"Let's just wait until they come out."

===0===

Speak for yourself.

===0===


===0===

It's called the personification of all things. Humans seem to require visuals for things that require no visuals.

===0===

He seems to be handling that rather graciously.

===0===


===0===

Those elbows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A+ on today's blog.
Especially the posts re Simone Giertz and the memorial in Alabama-both very thought provoking.
Towanda

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive