About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

WEDNESDAY #3436

One Of My Very Own

EMAIL: ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com

NEWSY BITS


Harry said he wants his privacy on his honeymoon. That's why he allowed his wedding to be televised all over the planet.

I found these outtakes of the wedding hilarious, but then, I would.

==0==

What the fuck?!




SOCIAL COMMENTARY


*MNBT

I've said it before, the average person has a thirst to "know" something that the other sheeple are unaware. My advice is to pick up every piece of knowledge you have and examine whether or not you have been duped.

==1==

After watching that movie I wrote a novel titled "Candy," which did the same thing to Voltaire's Candide. I had a great time with that book and one part of it made my dulcet soulmate cry.

==2==


Or as I put it to every young person who will listen:
"If you have a big dick act like it."
"And if you have a little dick, act like you have a big dick."

==3==


When the murderer of innocents meets an equal.
I have a server friend, Renee, who works at the zoo and owns a cat. I asked her if she allowed her cat to roam free at night and she said: "Oh, hell no!" As an animal person, she understood its slaughtering predisposition and strove to protect the other animals.

==4==

You can tell a lot about a society by how many homeless people it has and how it treats them.
Oh, I know some people LIKE living on the street. I also know the great number of mentally handicapped people who don't have a prayer of navigating life and simply sink to the bottom.
But I also know we can do better and we should.

==5==

I have a thing about people volunteering their time and skill to decorate our world.


<>
I don't panic when the news reports of massive customer data breaches. At this point, I assume all of my sensitive information was stolen years ago.

<>


SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY

May need to open in a separate tab.


We can now read olds books without opening them.



==6==

Cleaning solar panels.

Just look at the difference between before and after cleaning.
I bet as soon as they finish they start over again. Like painting the Golden Gate bridge that is constantly being repainted.

==7==

I'm assuming this is used for some kind of psychological profile test. Look at it long enough for you to deduce a lesson gleaned and then I offer mine.



1. Watch where you are walking?

2. Everything is more bearable naked?

3. Take advantage of the person that used up all of her clothes so you can climb out of there without using any of your own clothes?

4. That neither was bright enough to realize if one stood on the other's shoulders she could just climb right out?

5. Girls are not good at rock climbing.
6. Stupid people don't know how to dig out foot and hand holes?

==8==

Me after a night of eating Mexican.

==9==

Images from the brain of a mouse that's been genetically modified to have fluorescent neurons

The moving images are amazing:

==10==

Well, that's one Black Mirror episode down, what's next?

==11==

This seems to be the happiest kid at the party...seriously.


Genu recurvatum is a deformity in the knee joint so that the knee bends backward. In this deformity, excessive extension occurs in the tibiofemoral joint. Genu recurvatum is also called knee hyperextension and back knee.

This is well worth a quick look-see:




<>
While at parties I like to steal the knobs off their appliances. Because I can.

<>


AS TIME GOES BY


==12==

As I understand it, we are, in fact, collectively getting dumber.

==13==

My, what fat wings you have.
I wonder why they only went off one side.

==14==

Thunderbolt and Lightning
I would be interested to know the percentage difference between the dollars spent on "killing technology" and "betterment technology." Meaning war dollars vs dollars spent on medicine, healing, etc.

==15==

Question: If you had filmed yourself doing that, would you post it on the internet?

==16==

He still has turtles from Rocky.
They are 44 years old.


<>
If Coca-Cola really cared about the obesity problem they'd put cocaine back in their recipe.

<>


GET A JOB

I've worked on numerous movie sets and enjoyed it very much.

==17==

Had a friend who did that for a living.

==18==

Many jobs are very dangerous.
But that one doesn't look like it should be dangerous. I would chalk that up to poor truck maintenance.

==19==



In 2013, during a Saudi Premier League soccer match between Al-Nahda and Al-Ittihad, the Al-Nahda goalkeeper found his shoelaces undone after collecting the ball. Unable to tie his shoes with his large gloves, a striker from Al-Ittihad bent over and tied his shoes for him. The referee blew his whistle and penalized the goalkeeper for holding the ball too long, while his laces were being tied.  Al-Ittihad was granted a free-kick. Despite it being a tied-game, Al-Ittihad didn't want to assume the lead this way and intentionally squibbed their free kick out of bounds. The match ended in a tie.

==20==

I heard once that a single person can always make a living owning a bar or a restaurant in that everybody will always want to drink and eat.
I do think that being innovative is an asset.

==21==

Remember this?
Can you imagine making a living from drawing cartoons?

==22==

Studies show that something like 80% of Americans hate their jobs.

And this seems to be a much used coping skill.

==23==


==24==

A universal hatred.

==25==

You could always choose to be a thief. 


This is McArthur Wheeler attempting to rob a bank. His disguise was brilliant... He smothered his face with lemon juice. You see, it works like this... lemon juice can be used as invisible ink, so smear yourself in lemon juice and you turn invisible to cameras. Needless to say, he got caught. When he was arrested, he was quoted as saying "but I wore the juice". Wheeler was the inspiration for the research that led to the paper that introduced to the world of psychology what has now become known as the Dunning-Kruger Effect.



This is rather subtle so look carefully.

And this guy's got a pretty safe and effective MO.

<>
For a brief moment, people who are born feet first wore their mom as a hat.

<>


FUN WITH LANGUAGE


==26==


==27==

At no point did Tom Brady have any input on this outfit.

==28==


==29==


"Did you know that cyanide mixed with grape juice is perfectly fine to drink?"

 - Jim Jones

==30==

==31==

How very clever.

==32==


<>
I hate it when I want a nap but the nap doesn't want to take me.

<>


ODD SCULPTURES


==33==


==34==

==35==

He is part of the sculpture.

==36==


==37==


==38==


==39==


<>

==0==


==0==


==0==


==0==


==0==


==0==


==0==


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In your odd sculptures, I liked the one of a naked woman forking on a cockerel!

Anonymous said...

I was always under the impression that a lot of our trauma ER developments were made during the Korean and Viet Nam wars. I further wonder what other technological advances were made for war time benefit.

red 3215 said...

The driver of the dump truck dropping off soil forgot to check his overhead when he raised the bed and then drove forward. People get killed from that much too often.

Has nothing to do with the truck maintenance.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive