About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Sunday, October 21, 2018

SUNDAY #3584

One Of My Very Own
<>
EMAIL: ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com
<>

[verification received]
From me:
"Now forget about the boats, look at the cars on the causeway. Where the fuck are they going? Should I assume there is an underwater tunnel?"
From observant viewer:
"Those are waves breaking."




ART AND CLEVERNESS

This is the first thing that I learned in art school.
=1=

Rafael Gómezbarros
Casa Tomada 
=2=

=3=

Clocks and I
=4=

Photography

Underwater cliff.
=5=

I like shadows like this...
But you see the red ball? Immediately above it is a shadow I simply can't decipher.
=6=

When confronted with images of ancient stairs, I like to invent possible scenarios that may have happened there. That pose could have been held by an original inhabitant of that castle. 
=7=

Inventing a scenario for this one evokes some unpleasant imagery.
=8=

Film

=9=

Cleverness

=10=

Like the hammer and hatchet part.
=11=

It ain't silly if it works.
=12=

<>
Happy: So there's saliva on the foot area of Snow White's glass coffin.
*Dwarves all turn their heads*
Kinky: "Oh, blame the new guy."

<>


PEOPLE NOT LIKE YOU AND ME

Scott Wilson. You will be missed.
=13=

I have nightmares about shit like that.
=14=

=15=

The gang's all here...
“Zed’s dead, baby. Zed’s dead.”
=16=

Got this comment.

Then I remembered this:
After I stopped laughing, the same person had this gem.

MORE ON THIS SUBJECT? What the hell does that mean? My posts don't have "A" subject. Help me out here, folks.
=17=

=18=


<>
Right before I die, I want to yell out something provocative, like "Hi God...wait a minute, YOU'RE NOT GOD!"

<>


SCIENCE AND STUFF

Solar Eclipse From the International Space Station.
=19=

Hell of a hobby.
=20=

Yeah, dads do this kind of shit all the time.
I like to think we fathers demonstrate principals of physics.
=21=

Drag racer parachute fail.
It astounds me how much science goes into figuring all that out.
=22=

Ukraine Found the Perfect Use for the Radioactive Land of Chernobyl
Chernobyl is producing power again—though not the kind that triggered a nuclear meltdown 32 years ago. Ukraine is now turning to solar power, and in the process, making good use of land that won’t be habitable to humans for another 24,000 years.
=23=

I'm completely stumped on this Monday Punday.
I don't know the symbol. Normally my chemist friend helps me out with those, but he's been really busy lately.
=24=

There should never be a font where this is possible.
What if it was a code word or some other very important message? FYI it's a capital i, one, and small L.
=25=


<>
It’s one of life’s cruelest jokes that just as your kids reach an age where they’ll allow you to sleep through the night, your bladder hits the age that says, ‘No you won’t!’

<>


HUMOR

I'll just let this speak for itself...
=26=

In the Goblet of Fiii-ire.
=27=

Mexicans
=28=

That tweet inspired me to learn the difference between "into" and "in to".
=29=

=30=

=31=


<>
My daughter once asked me what people were protesting about on TV so I had to sit her down and very carefully explain that people are still angry about the horrible Father's Day gift she bought me.

<>


PROBLEMS WITH MODERN SOCIETY

How could you not be sad in this day and age? Nobody believes anything or anybody. People spend vast sums of money to get you to buy worthless crap. J.D. Powers gives shelvesful of awards to each and every car company. Politicians will tell you ANYTHING that will get them reelected.
The whole system seems designed to fuck people like you and me. 

Oh, we can avoid some of it by being smart, but not all of it.
Women are especially vulnerable to mass media's influence. Reading something like this in a magazine can make many women feel totally incompetent.

Being unable to satisfactorily navigates modern life leaves many people sad.

And it's easy to fall into a state of malaise.

There are a plethora of ways to deal with inevitable disappointments.
Or...

Actually, that is my method of choice.
The difference between me and most people is that I actually mean it. I find funerals fucking hilarious. Not the people dying, but the rituals people subject themselves to...rituals that, to me, make no damn sense at all.

And instead of the internet exposing countless minds to the wonders of the world, it has mired itself into this.

I know it is not as easy as this...
But I don't dwell on things I can't fix.
However, if I think you are costing me more than you are worth, I will cut you out of my life very quickly.

But there are nasty issues I can't ignore and this, because of its endangering children, is totally unforgivable.
I'm not all that enthusiastic in asking the government to solve all of our problems, but I would back a requirement that children get vaccinations before being allowed in public schools.

Have a pleasant day, Gentle Reader, you deserve it.

<>

<>

<>

<>

<>

<>

<>

<>

<>

<>

<>
<>
PEER PRESSURE

1 comment:

Robin said...

I think the two shadows in picture number six (above the red ball), are likely to be gulls flying past, they are blurred because their are moving fast, and the shadows are less well defined, so they are higher up than the people in the picture.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive