About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

TUESDAY #3883

One Of My Very Own
 <>

EMAIL: 
ralh.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com
<>




 <>

 <>

PEOPLE


I am convinced that man has and will always play some kind of game. If we leave this planet one day I am sure they will include space for athletic fields. Further, I think early men had bone tossing or some such games in their caves.
^^A1^^

Members of the EHT, the team that took the first picture of a black hole, preparing for their flight home after revealing the image to the world.
This guy...
I think he spotted a factual error in the story. 
^^A2^^


Strain, indeed.
^^A3^^

This is a commercial. Try to guess the topic.
 ^^A4^^


Of course, that's silly but it was so well done.
^^A5^^

While drunk 13 years ago this guy let someone take a leather punch to his ear.
 Turns out cartilage close up.
^^A6^^


It is so very easy to determine if capital punishment is an effective deterrent.  Just compare the murder rate of states with it against states that have abolished it. You will find it IS NOT a deterrent.
^^A7^^

This mother changes her baby's diaper on a table in a restaurant.
That is unacceptable.
^^A8^^

Siberian 'sheep squatting' contest won for the first time in 1,000 years by a foreigner after he performed 104 dips with a live animal on his back.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-7264059/Siberian-sheep-squatting-contest-won-time-1-000-years-foreigner.html
^^A9^^

Mom just wants to eat in peace.
Every parent has been there.
Hahahabananaha!
^^A10^^


<>

My grandson (4 years old), who has grown up watching us talk to Siri and Alexa, thinks you can talk to anything that has a screen or is plugged into the wall. This morning he told the toaster to order him a new lego set.

<>

That took me a long time. I think it has to do with the shift in the light waves coming and going...but I could be wrong.
<>


PLACES



Future generations will look back on our present criminalizing of marijuana the same way. So many lives ruined not by the weed, but by the fact that it's against the law.
I do not know one person who doesn't smoke (or ingest) weed from time to time.
^^B1^^

"Karen..I'm going to have to call you back."
 ^^B2^^


The East Germans said they built the wall to keep the West Germans out. And they expected the world to believe that. 
^^B3^^

These poles were erected to deter the homeless from sleeping in the area.

Challenge Accepted
^^B4^^


I had no idea it was still active.
^^B5^^


https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7294521/Russian-opposition-leader-Navalny-hospitalised-allergic-reaction-spokeswoman.html

The Russians seem to LIKE dictators. And that one is Donald Trump's best friend. 

^^B6^^


If you think your race is superior to all other races then you would fit right in.
^^B7^^


All I can think about is setting off on your overland adventure to a new and inhospitable land...with a pool table.
But did you notice the gutters directing rainwater into the barrel?
^^B8^^

Almost anything aerosolized, when exposed to a point of ignition can explode.
Sugar mills and the firefighters who attend their fires can attest to that. I would have thought those firemen would know.
^^B9^^


^^B10^^

The man said he left his crew unsupervised for the afternoon and returned to this conduit disaster.
I couldn't work looking at that every day. 
^^B11^^


Think of the smell. 
^^B12^^


As I understand it, the first day it was opened to pedestrians only and thousands entered from each end. The thinking was that this multitude would stay in the right lane like vehicular traffic and pass one another in the middle. But no. Each group filled the roadway and when they met in the middle the flow stopped. This created a static load that caused the bridge to sag (as I recall) six feet.
^^B13^^


^^B14^^



<>
Grandson: Did you know some birds mate for life?

Me: All birds mate for life. That’s the point, dummy.

<>

<>


THINGS

Guard Horse

The horse is protecting its owner from the "attacker."

This little guy won't allow its owner to cry alone.
But think about that. The man must have done a lot of prior crying to teach the monkey (ape?) to respond that way.
^^C1^^

Texas just renewed it's bounty payments for feral hogs so this makes sense.

But you have to kill a whole shitload of pigs to pay for a helicopter.
 ^^C2^^

I'm assuming a mating ritual. 
^^C3^^


By the way, the spokes on the wheels are wooden. 
^^C4^^

Removing 100-year-old discolored varnish by Philip Mould.
https://i.imgur.com/2p8yFjV.mp4 
The secret is to have the varnish dissolve with a different solution than the paint.
When I was painting murals I coated it with a clear coat that would dissolve with paint thinner. The mural painting was latex so it was not affected by that thinner. So when the MS 13 gang spray painted one of my murals all I had to do was dissolve the clear coat and the spray paint came off with it.
Interestingly, when I gave the repair cost estimate they asked me to jack it up so it would be a felony.
^^C5^^

USS Galena

I researched the shit out of that because I didn't see the battle damage. I'm still confused.
^^C6^^

The duck and the eels...
https://i.imgur.com/HewVZQu.mp4 
^^C7^^


 ^^C8^^

Said to be a horse being frightened by a mouse...
But why would a horse have a full face mask? Maybe it's just netting to keep flies off its face. Anybody?
^^C9^^

Rather well done that. 
^^C10^^

How my friends and I used to walk into a bar.
 ^^C11^^

<>
 <>

 <>

 <>

 <>

 I told her I liked her eyebrows and she looked surprised.
 <>

 <>

"Mechanic? Nah, I can fix it myself." 
<>

 <>

 <>

 <>


2 comments:

MIKE HARRIS said...

It doesn't matter that capital punishment is not a deterrent; it's revenge we're talking about. Society wants to get it's own back. My sister was torn apart by an IRA bomb in 1974; I would STILL like to see the perpetrators hang, nice and slowly please...

Michael Ray said...

So, I used to follow your blog in 2013 and 2014, got bored at work and decided to see if you were still doing it. Still love it, super good stuff. Glad you're still on it! A side note, I binge watched all the seasons of game of thrones this year, made me think of your blog a lot.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive