About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

WEDNESDAY PANDEMIC UPDATE



 PANDEMIC NEWS AND OBSERVATIONS

Social Distancing Done Right

That would lower my blood pressure 30 points. 
===


Write that shit down...you need it.
===

Not all Floridians wear tin-foil hats.


But some of them surely do...

===

The COVID slayer
He ought to clean off that shelf for his Nobel Prize.
Do they have a Nobel Prize for restraint? Can you imagine the discussions he has with his wife Christine?
===

There's a petition to insist that our frontline workers get the PPE that they need desperately.
SOURCE: CLICK HERE 
===


===


 That's the scariest part of this nightmare.
===


A comment:
As a college professor in South Texas, I can say my numbers are way better than half but I have students sitting in parking lots of closed Starbucks to use the WiFi. I have students who don’t want the video camera on because they are not proud of where they now have to live. In families since students can be viewed as least unencumbered many of them are taking care of younger siblings, caring for elderly grandparents, and are solely responsible for household duties while their parents work or look for work. Students are depressed, stressed, mourning the life they used to lead, unemployed, no longer enjoying past freedoms, and living back home with mom and dad. My fear is many of my students won’t be back for Fall 2020 if it’s on-line or in person. 
===


 ===


And she looks EXACTLY what I imagined a person would look like who would do such a thing. 
===


 ===

Difference between sanitizing NYC and Seoul subways.


<>

<>

 HAIL TO THE CHIEF

NOTE: There is so much Trump news that I've decided to give him his own section. Wish me luck.



Well, that didn't last long.




I do not believe that. I hated what had happened to our government way before Trump entered the game. And I believe that most Trump supporters felt the same disappointment - that's why they voted for him, a non-politician. They thought he would shake up governance for the benefit of the people. And if you did, then you must be very disappointed in his performance.

Let's hear from a Trump supporter:



The fact that you voted for the man does not give you the right to just stop thinking rationally.



We have seen this buck-passing over and over.



And you can't use the fact that racists support him against him.



I remember the "good people on both sides" comment, but that alone does not brand him a racist.

Does Trump hold black and brown people in contempt? Yes. But Trump holds everybody that's not him in contempt.

I have posted many comments from around the world about Trump...


And it's not just American Democrats who see the Emperor without clothes
===

INJECTING BLEACH INSANITY

I have listened to every word of every news conference and this was my reaction to the bleach comment.



Can we all agree on one thing - the man is not very smart.



We all know what happens when a leader has no honest advisors.


 This is how I felt about that pathetic, adolescent display of excuse invention...
 ===


SERIOUSLY






Why do I blame Trump? He has the power to demand that companies make all PPE products on a massive scale. He has refused to use that power wisely.

I am aware of the ventilators, but he could have done that with swabs for god sake, and tests, and masks, etc.
===

THE SILLINESS








 

<>





<>

 THE LIGHTER SIDE OF THE PANDEMIC

 ===


 ===


 ===



<>
<>

 STAYTHEFUCKATHOME ACTIVITIES

Fuck with your kids...
 ===

Order some big balloons and a leafblower...

 ===

Teach your pet's manners...

 ===

Sneak out at night and chalk inspirational messages on the sidewalk...

 ===

Play with your food...

 ===

Take the baby out for exercise...

 ===

 Show the kids this...
 Use a magnetic bit.
===

Take the dog out for a run...

If he wasn't named Flash he was misnamed. 
===

Climb a tree like a kid...

 ===

Hone your skating skills...

 ===


That's what you get for saying you'll do it when you have the time. 
===

Do whatever this is...

 ===

Make toilet paper roll faces...

 ===



<>
The only masks left.

<>


ABOUT THAT MAY BE DEAD NUCLEAR ARMED TYRANT

===

===

===



 ===

 That's Cid Caesar!
===


===

I’m late for my first day as the supreme leader.
Does she have an ankle tattoo?




===

Nah, he's fine. See?

===


In case the clip was too large to load:
 ===

 A slave to fashion...

===

===


PERSONAL UPDATE

Got a shit-ton of work done in my studio. And yet I didn't overdo and have no aches or pains. Now maybe I can sleep normally again.
I have started frying my own chicken for the first time in a long time. I fucking love it. Biscuits, mashed potatoes, and white gravy...yummy!
My wife is an avid liberal Democrat. I am not. I'm pro-science, anti-insanity. And I'm no fan of Biden.
He's just so yesteryear when we need fresh, bold ideas to recover from the lunatic we now have in the Oval Office - the man who led his country to the point that we now have 1/3 of the covid-19 cases in the world....ONE THIRD! With leadership like that, what would a dismal failure look like?
Stay safe and make somebody laugh today.

No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive