About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

WEDNESDAY PANDEMIC UPDATE


NORMAL NEWS

 SpaceX Demo-2 Mission: American Astronauts on American Rocket from American Soil for the first time since 2011.

 ===


<>
Many parents are faced with a daunting task during the quarantine: how to ground a child when we’re all grounded.
<>




We can very easily see that the death rate started trending down in New York on April 12 only a few weeks after the lockdown started. When looking at the rest of the country, we can see the trend down is not nearly as sharp. This tells me that there were delays, and people ignoring lockdown restrictions. 
===

Yet we have scenes like this...

And fools like this child's parents...
I lay responsibility for that squarely at the feet of government for doing a lousy job of educating the under-educated.  The government should be handing out masks and gloves at every street corner and instructions for proper use.
===


 ===


"I live in a Trump-loving area where people don't want to wear masks and don't know what 6 feet is. The population is less dense here (outside of a small city) so few people are concerned. Every mask wearer I've met has been sick or known someone who was sick. That seems to be the only motivation. When self-quarantine first began, I was pointed and laughed at for wearing a mask. Maybe visual aids will help."

Edit: what's shown is bacteria, not viruses. The mask used is unknown. The aim was to show how much a basic barrier works to suppress the spread.
===

===

PAY THE FUCK ATTENTION!
I listened to a powerful observation of our present predicament that I would like to share with you.
Mother Nature has been throwing challenges at humans for...oh...ever. Ice ages, severe droughts, rising or lowering oceans, etc, etc, etc. She rewards some humans and severely punishes others. 
She DOES NOT reward the bravest. She does not reward the most ideologically pure. She doesn't even reward the most stupid or even the smartest. From the beginning of time she has only rewarded the most adaptive. 
And in today's environment, that means people who can alter their behavior to combat the looming threat. And in the latest challenge that requires you to simply WEAR A FUCKING MASK and practice social distancing. 
And, yes, it's just that fucking simple.

<>

A friend of mine is convinced this whole virus thing is a hoax. It’s hard to doubt him because he also knows exactly where they’re hiding the aliens in Area 51.
<>

<>


 ===


 ===


 ===


 ===


 ===


When Coronavirus is over and you can go back to the outside world again

<>

9 months from now the next generation will arrive. They’ll be known as “the Coronials”.
<>


This delightful 83-year-old grandmother mimicking art...






 ===

Embroidery can be fun...


You might want to start with something less challenging.
===

===

 

 








 ===

Work up a dance routine with the whole family...
With music: 
===

Think of every more clever ways to fuck with your cat...
===

Support your local weed guy...
He will deliver.
===

Cook the perfect egg...
Actually it looks a little crusty on the bottom...
===

Get a bunch of cerebral puzzles...


PERSONAL UPDATE

It seems like the more I do in cleaning my studio the more there is to do. 
My truck won't start. My cart won't run. I take these to occurrences as an omen of bad things to come. Maybe not.
I have developed a love affair with baloney. With cheese. And Fritos.
Stay safe and do think about rescuing a dog.




No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive