About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Thursday, September 17, 2020

THURSDAY #4285

One Of My Very Own
<>

EMAIL: 
ralh.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com
<> 



I'm using the People, Places, and Things format for this post. It makes it rather easy to sectionalize the images and as a lazy man, I like it.
It also reminds me of the "200 Questions" game we used to play on road trips. We would think of something...say the ivory handles on George Patton's revolver and the other people could ask endless questions until they identified it. The only time anyone ever won was me when I chose the hole in the ozone. It's literally nothing.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy it.

PEOPLE


I have mixed feelings about that. I know why she did it, but she is, in fact, denying reality, a reality that is gorgeous.
^^A1^^


Is that true? 
^^A2^^


I hate it when people neglect to crop like that. 
^^A3^^

That Benny Hill type chase went on for a long, long time.
^^A4^^


^^A5^^


A similar thing happened when Joseph Stalin collapsed in his apartment.
^^A6^^

When you realize it doesn't wash off...

I'm assuming cold cream or some such will take it off.
^^A7^^

Do you think he's tied to it or is his grip just that strong? 
Here's another view:
^^A8^^

A flip flop winch
 
^^A9^^

Do you see anything...odd here?
Don't give up too quickly.
 .
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
That's done with one hand!
^^A10^^

 Did you notice that the chicken used a stick to foil the kid's escape?
^^A11^^

THIS IS ME!
During my last few weeks in the military, I was such a fuck up that they wouldn't let me anywhere near the nuclear weapons so I got every shit job that came along. One such chore was painting 3 or 4 hundred yards of curbing yellow. I sat on the grass with the curb between my legs and ever so slowly dabbed the paint on.
At night I would just stick the brush in a jar of thinner, then sling it out the next morning and start all over again.
After I finished I tossed the filthy brush on top of the building so I wouldn't have to clean it. Well, as luck would have it, a couple of days later my supervisors climbed up on the roof for a lightning rod inspection and found the by now rock-hard brush. They told me I couldn't go home until I cleaned it. Of course, cleaning a rock-hard brush is impossible so I sat in the paint locker and read all afternoon then took some of the yellow paint and smeared it all over another brush and took it to the sergeant. He told me I could do better so I went back to the paint locker, read for a couple of hours, and took him another brush that was almost new.
He said something about hoping I learned my lesson and I mumbled something about I sure did then on the way out of the area I threw the old unclean brush up on the roof again.
^^A12^^


<>
My wife just called it the “Heimlich Remover” and I’m choking with laughter.

<>
<>

PLACES


Sustainable Options
I'm not sure about the logistics of getting all those jars back and forth to the store. 
^^B1^^

The latest giant 50-meter deep sinkhole in the Arctic tundra caused by methane gas explosions due to melting permafrost.
Which, of course, adds MORE methane to the atmosphere which exacerbates the problem. 
^^B2^^

Never stack firewood next to your house. This homeowner in the path of a wildfire was lucky.
 ^^B3^^

Notice wind...
Because of the extraordinary deafening roar, this is the only sport that seats closest to the action costs less. 
^^B4^^

 ^^B5^^

 ^^B6^^

 ^^B7^^

 ^^B8^^

 ^^B9^^

Now I want you to imagine that the next few images are what you see every time you travel to Grandma's house.

Brienz, Switzerland
 ^^B10^^

Rampestreken, Åndalsnes
^^B11^^

^^B11a^^

 ^^B12^^

 ^^B13^^

 ^^B14^^

And this is what most Americans see on the way to Grandma's.
I realize that some of us are more...aesthetically aware than others but I find that sickenly depressing.
^^B15^^


<>
How often do you think Jennifer Aniston uses the line “I’m not here to make friends?”

<>
<>

THINGS


Japanese convenience store chain begins testing #remote controlled #robot staff in Tokyo
 ^^C1^^

I learned to love French fries with mayonnaise in Germany.
^^C2^^

Pecking order demonstrated...

^^C3^^


^^C4^^

Synchronized obedience

That shit deserves a double-take...
^^C5^^

He learned that watching my wife eat Chinese.
^^C6^^

I've spent a lot of time on beaches all over the world and I have never seen anything like that.
^^C7^^

An interesting image...
^^C8^^

Pure muscle memory.
^^C9^^

Rather low-tech - yet effective - lift device.
^^C10^^


"Let me help you with that."
^^C11^^

Would someone please explain to me why this is necessary.
^^C12^^

The German YouTubers "The Real Life Guys" made this human-sized "drone" out of a bathtub
 ^^C13^^

Pocket chainsaw
Brilliant.
^^C14^^

Banksy bought a yacht to cruise the Med
https://imgur.com/gallery/XZGCcQg 
^^C15^^

Huge mudslide in Switzerland
**IKIARBISW
I bet the ground is trembling.
^^C16^^

<>
 <>

 <>

 <>

 <>

 <>

 <>

<>

 My wife would surely have rolled over within the first minute because of...reasons.
 <>


 <>

 Find her...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

base of trunk on right. Left thigh coming at you, lower leg is the root diagonaling down and right

Anonymous said...

Right side of the tree trunk on the ground.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive