About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Sunday, June 4, 2023

SUNDAY #5275

 One Of My Very Own

---
<>

FOOD FOR THOUGHT


I'm really cool with most stuff young people do now. I think their shortening of words to one letter is genius. The tattoo thing was great. The acceptance of others' differences is angelic.

But their habit of photographing everything is a bit disconcerting.

Sunsets are times for self-reflection but young people think of only one thing - showing their friends where they were at sundown.

And they pay a lot of money to go to live concerts and end up watching it on a tiny screen anyway.

^^A1^^

^^A2^^

This is from a doctor:

^^A3^^

This restaurant took 20¢ off their bill for deleting the tomato.

I think they all should do that.

^^A4^^
<>

Trying to get over sex addiction is like trying to quit crack when the pipe is attached to your body.

<>
<>

I avoid crowds by visiting areas that are less crowded.

<>

ON HOBBIES


Knowing that I minored in ceramics, my neighbor asked me questions about a potter's wheel, kiln, etc that she planned to buy to start a pottery hobby. I strongly suggested that she go to the city's Parks and Recreation Department's pottery studio and for just a few dollars could use all their equipment to make all the pottery she wanted. She opted to purchase her own and within weeks it was sitting idle in her basement.

My philosophy is to reuse building materials not because I can't afford to purchase them new but rather because I find it more rewarding to make something out of nothing.

Then I got to thinking about other hobbies that don't cost any money and started collecting images to share with you. I would caution you that if your prime motive in acquiring a hobby is to make money from it then you don't understand what a hobby is.

I hope you find it useful.

^^B1^^

DRAWING

It's free. You can learn tricks like this from Youtube.

^^B2^^

CYCLING

You can pick up an old bike cheaply. I would strongly suggest that your first bike purchase NOT be the expensive kind. You can always upgrade when you prove you will actually use it. Get a refurbished used one from a bike shop.

^^B3^^

MUSIC

Learn to play an instrument. Ask around to see if any of your neighbors have a used one from their children's school band days. Pawn shops have them relatively cheap.

^^B4^^

URBAN EXPLORING

The sneaking around is half the fun. Take pictures. See what you can find. I would take a friend in case you walk in a homeless man who has claimed the place as his own.

^^B5^^

COOKING

Learn to cook some really fancy meals and stop eating takeout so much.

^^B6^^

SIGN LANGUAGE

Teach yourself sign language. Practice in front of a mirror then go try it out at a local agency for deaf people.

^^B7^^

CHARITY

Ask around to find out who needs some help and simply help them.

Sometimes all it takes is your time.

^^B8^^

CAUTION

Don't let yourself get frustrated after a few failures. Remember, learning how is half the fun.

^^B9^^

IMPROVISE

Don't let an absence of proper equipment stop you. You can figure out a way to do it if you put your mind to it.

^^B10^^


WRITING

While editing a hard copy of one of my books at a bar, my friend Billy walked up and said, "I've always wanted to write."

I looked him in the eye and said that there is no secret to it. You just sit your ass down and start writing.

I would suggest starting off by recounting something that actually happened to you. Maybe something you would like your grandchildren to know about you after you are no more.

^^B11^^


THE POSSIBLE ALTERNATIVE

Or you could sit your fat ass on a bar stool for hours a day complaining about how you have no money while knocking back $8 shots.

^^B12^^
<>

I wonder how many animals we had to ride before we discovered horses were cool with it.

<>
<>

One of the strangest statements I have ever heard was from the man who said he didn't want my offered beer because "he had just finished one". He missed the whole point of the exercise.

<>

OBJECTS OF INTEREST


Phillips head screws weren't invented until 1932.

^^C1^^

My dictation feature on this computer is great at understanding me. I do, however, have to speak a little slower than normal.

^^C2^^

I'm assuming chain link fencing is made the same way.

And one man/woman dreamed that up. And we don't even know their name.

^^C3^^

A nice place to sit and wonder what the poor people are doing.

^^C4^^

^^C5^^

And that demonstrates why so many mobile homes are destroyed by strong winds - the air can get under them.

^^C6^^

On a practical level, how do you think they got it in that truck while on its side?

^^C7^^

^^C8^^

I wonder if it was effective.

^^C9^^

^^C10^^

I have something very similar to that leading into my studio.

^^C11^^

Transparent Solar Panels

I posted that years ago and wonder what became of it.

I won't be satisfied until the sub-roofing, tar paper, shingles, and solar panels come as one unit and are standard on all new construction.

^^C12^^

The Indoor Rainbow In The Great Gallery Of Toledo Museum Of Art. This Is Not Refracted Light. It Is Instead An Illusion Created From Thousands Of Threads. 

Artist: Gabriel Dawe

^^C13^^

Tile Was Used To Fill This Crack In The Concrete Artistically

Maybe I should have put that in the Hobby Section.

^^C14^^

This Keypad Randomizes The Numbers Every Time So Someone Doesn't Figure Out The Password From The Hand Movements

^^C15^^

I made something similar many years ago. It was a coffee table with a checked cloth over it. On the top, I painted a Time Magazine with the boss's face on the cover and a #2 pencil that everybody tried to pick up.

^^C16^^

^^C17^^

^^C18^^

^^C19^^
<>

A fossil is the stone's memory of the bones of an animal.

<>
<>

I'm not saying that women are smarter than men but it's rather ironic that there are so few known women serial killers and so many unsolved murders.

<>

ODD HUMAN ACTIVITY

(some more true than others)


^^D1^^


Too ridiculous for words.

^^D2^^

^^D3^^

Time to call in the old priest and the young priest.

^^D4^^

I liked that movie.

^^D5^^

What exactly is going on there?

^^D6^^

I'm going to guess that is done to ease the lower back pain.

*My brother-in-law swears that those devices that hang you upside down cured his bad back.

^^D7^^

^^D8^^

^^D9^^

*Verification Requested

^^D10^^

^^D11^^

I laughed aloud when Donald Trump said at his town hall meeting, "I have tapes of them..." doing something nefarious during the election. Yeah, he has the tapes but didn't show them to ANY of the federal judges that threw his claims out without review.

And CNN let him get away with saying that.

^^D12^^

^^D13^^

*Verification Requested

^^D14^^

*MNBT

^^D15^^

I sure wish he didn't have that jacket on so I could see that there wasn't some sort of tomfoolery going on.

^^D16^^

True Charity Requires No Documentation

^^D17^^

Walking Dead Spoof

^^D18^^

CAUTIONARY TALES


^^D19^^

^^D20^^

^^D21^^

^^D22^^

^^D23^^

The internet has taught me to NEVER EVER allow flame near me in a bar or restaurant. The examples are endless.

I may have short hair but I have a long beard.

^^D24^^


The internet should have taught you not to propose near water...

^^D25^^


<>


<>


<>



<>

His son thinks that is hilarious.
<>


Nice feet.

<>


There is something humorously odd in this photo.






7 comments:

Anonymous said...

D-12
And Andy Shiff sat in front of congress and swore he had the evidence on Trump several times and never produced a single thing.

Ralph Henry said...

Dear D12 Anon, I listened to every word of the impeachment proceedings and you know and I know Trump was guilty as hell BECAUSE of all the evidence. Did you not listen to his phone call to Ukraine? Did you not see what happened on Jan 6?
And remember, if Trump gets away with it then EVERY president should be allowed to do the exact same thing. Do you want any other president besides Trump to do what he did? I think not.
RH

Anonymous said...

puzzle time....is his left hand flipped upside down?

Ralph Henry said...

Dear Trumper, Did you listen to the extortion phone call to Ukraine?
RH

Ralph Henry said...

Dear Puzzle Guy, His hand is actually shading his eyes.
RH

Anonymous said...

Ralph,

Here is the transcript

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/25/politics/donald-trump-ukraine-transcript-call/index.html

Where is the extortion?

Ralph Henry said...

Dear Trumper, I give up. You win. That phone call was perfect.
RH

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive