About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Monday, June 5, 2023

MONDAY #5276

 One Of My Very Own

*I don't know where the leeches came from. I just tried to think of the grossest thing possible for her to say.

---
<>

FUN WITH LANGUAGE


"Live in concert"

^^A1^^

^^A2^^

I have an idea - let's try Trickle UP Economics - give all the money to the poorest of us. The rich will still end up with it but it will take longer.

^^A3^^

^^A4^^

????

^^A5^^

I'm not sure of the message they intended but I'm sure it's not the one I got.

^^A6^^

^^A7^^

^^A8^^

^^A9^^

^^A10^^

^^A11^^

^^A12^^

^^A13^^

^^A14^^
<>

Growing up we were too poor to buy a TV so I would call my friend on the old landline and he would let me listen to his.

<>
<>

A Japanese myth says that the face you see in the mirror is the person you loved the most in your past life.

<>

HUMAN FRAILTY


While recovering from food poisoning in Mexico I spent my time on a balcony overlooking a major construction site. Then one day a whole crew propped up the floor above and chipped away at a column just like these.

One missed measurement caused days of redo.

^^B1^^

*Our apartment in Germany had one room with wall-to-wall mattresses covering the floor, always fresh sheets, and a sound system. Whoever brought the first girl home for the night got that room no questions asked.

^^B2^^

^^B3^^

I think that is called Anal Retentive.

*Since I posted that I've seen two more clips of people vacuuming their sidewalks. Is that normal in other places because it sure isn't here?

^^B4^^

That will bring an army to its knees.

^^B4^^

It also means you need far less staff - just saying.

^^B5^^

Scooters are mostly used in the city where there is lots and lots of glass. Maybe they ought to carry insurance.

^^B6^^

What do you think happened here. All the clues you need are shown but it's subtle.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

She opened her jewelry-making supply box upside down.

I eliminate that problem with my similar box for small screws by never taking it off horizontal.

^^B7^^

Plastic garbage bags work better.

^^B8^^

How could anyone just walk away and leave it like that?

I would take it as a challenge to get it perfect.

^^B9^^

Would you rather be crucified on a cross or 

have them use that on you?

^^B10^^

Speaking of, I posted something about a torture technique that involved forcing bamboo to grow up and through a suspended body. I looked it up.

Bamboo can grow almost three feet a day or 

an inch and a half an hour.

^^B11^^

You might want to think about that before you waste a day distracting yourself.

^^B12^^

Speaking of, one of the stupidest things humans ever invented was burying bodies.

Now you have been convinced that the more expensive the funeral, the more you loved the person. The people who make money from funerals did that to you by using phrases like "final resting place" when, in fact, it's just where your body will rot.

^^B13^^

Workers who believe that they are not paid enough for the work they do will steal from you every time. 

^^B14^^

From the party of limited government:

For decades, feminists have been warning that if the U.S. Supreme Court ever overturned Roe v. Wade, far-right Christian fundamentalists would go after contraception and the landmark Griswold v. Connecticut ruling as well. And sure enough, when the High Court overturned Roe in 2022 with its 5-4 ruling in Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health OrganizationJustice Clarence Thomas recommended that the High Court also "reconsider" Griswold.

^^B15^^

And...

Until some politician wants to rile up his base.

^^B16^^
<>

My last words will probably be "Well, fuck".

<>
<>

They say revenge is a dish best-served cold. They also say that revenge is sweet. So basically revenge is ice cream.

<>

FOR AMUSEMENT ONLY


The games men play...

^^C1^^

A patient brought in his urine sample in that.

^^C2^^

That man must have been caught with his dipstick in another woman's hemi.

^^C3^^

^^C4^^

Dog and Cat


^^C5^^

Teaching the young leopard how to hunt...

My spirit animal.

^^C6^^

Well, of course, you can.

^^C7^^
<>

All those galaxies with trillions of planets and we ended up on the one with the 40-hour work week.

<>
<>

Tickling my fancy is becoming more and more rare.

<>

OBJECTS OF INTEREST


^^D1^^

Art installation?

^^D2^^

But the motor is in the bed of the truck.

^^D3^^

That looks very much like a couple of my boxes.

^^D4^^


And they like nothing more than ripping off the genitalia of their foes.

^^D5^^

^^D6^^
<>

There is no rule saying a satellite can't be made out of wood. 

<>
<>

There are so many post-apocalyptic stories about a man and his dog, but what about...a woman and her army of cats?

<>

RATHER GOOD IDEAS


That looks very much like my backyard.

Those aren't weeds, it's ground cover.

^^E1^^

A tree grows in Brooklyn

I have a thing about greenery in cities.

^^E2^^

I'm not sure I understand the concept.

^^E3^^

I'm all in favor of one-of-a-kind folk art.

^^E4^^

I used to sit and pee before I got so old that squatting and standing again became overly problematic.

^^E5^^

Europeans are much more concerned with the aesthetics of their surroundings than Americans.
^^E6^^

I painted my murals with acrylic paints but I coated each one with a special clear coating that would dissolve away with an application of paint thinner. Therefore, when someone spray paints the mural it does not penetrate the clear coat, and by dissolving that coat the spray paint just wipes off. Then you clear coat it again.

After 500 murals only one was ever vandalized with graffiti and the culprit's parents paid A LOT of money for me to fix it.

^^E7^^

The king of camouflage

And he took it even further...

^^E8^^

Kids' shirts turn into life jackets with water pressure.

I sure wish my daughter had one of those when I pulled her lifeless body out of the lake.

We revived her.

^^E9^^

The French Know How To Protest


^^E10^^

<>


<>


<>


<>


You have been told that is up under the ground someplace. Have you ever wondered why no one is looking for it? Of course not.

<>


<>


<>



_ _ _    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ '_    _ _ _

_ _ _    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ '_    _ _ _






17 comments:

Anonymous said...

^^C6^^
That's a cheetah not a leopard. I don't get how people screw this one up as they're not hard to tell apart.

Anonymous said...

^^C3^^
Or maybe he just likes buying his wife flowers.

Anonymous said...

^^D3^^
No it's in front under the bonnet.

Anonymous said...

^^E3^^
Nothing to understand as it doesn't do anything. If anything it's probably a fscking hazard with sunlight reflecting off it.

"The mirrors are offered up to the goddess Seti Devi Mata as prayers to avoid accidents. A nearby temple sells additional mirrors to any travelers who wish to add to the panoramic oblation."

Anonymous said...


I'm really impressed by the hinges and screws used on that door!

Ralph Henry said...

Dear Cheetah Guy, I apologize for my lack of animal identification skills. I must have been sick the day we were taught that in school.
RH

Ralph Henry said...

Dear Hinge Guy, What door?
RH

Anonymous said...

^^A6^^ Looks like the train is coming, boss. best get off the fucking tracks.

^^B5^^ How many staff do you need to wrap them up? And unwrapping them will be exciting too.

^^E5^^ I clean the toilet in our house. It's way less of a chore if I pee sitting down. I started 50 years ago after having surgery that made it difficult to do one without two.

Inchworm said...

Puzzle
Is that 'jim morrison's van'
or 'van morrison's gym'?

Ralph Henry said...

Dear Inchworm, Yes.
RH

Anonymous said...

^^E5^^
Can't you shoot straight? I honestly don't know how people can miss that big a container.

Anonymous said...

Tunnel of Schadenfreude which I mentioned right at the top of my post between <> characters, did it not display?

Ralph Henry said...

Dear E5 Anon, You're right. Have good aim or sit down and never have to worry about it. It's all my fault.
RH

Anonymous said...

Comedian Jew atheist ”Ari Shaffir” talks about this in his YouTube comedy special "Jew” check him out! If you do, hope you like it.
-Armando

Anonymous said...

Oops! I was commenting on A10 -Armando

Anonymous said...

Have you convinced everyone how important it is to use the "correct" pronoun yet? World peace must be next!

Ralph Henry said...

Dear Pronounphobe, People like you used the same old argument when women wanted to use Ms. instead of Miss or Mrs. Why so averse to change? Are you incapable of showing respect for a person's choice of what they are called? Take a deep breath, put on your adult panties, and stop the continuous whining. People are being murdered due to their lifestyle and you think I should spend time worrying about pronouns?
RH

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive