About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Saturday, July 19, 2014

SATURDAY THINGS I ALMOST THREW AWAY #2050


This man just last his son to an Israeli bombardment...

 ...from such things suicide bombers are born.


 The man is one of five children in a religious family bedeviled by an unusual condition that has flummoxed and fascinated scientists since the scientific community first discovered them in 2005. The parents were normal. but five of their progeny are quadrupedal. They walk appendages down, bottom in the air.



And then....we....just..........stopped.

Written on the side of the plane is: SANITY.
FROM THE UKRAIN AIR DISASTER...


First came the loud explosion that made buildings rattle: then it started raining bodies. "And then I heard a roar and she landed in the kitchen, the roof was broken," she said, showing the gaping hole made by the body when it came through the ceiling of the kitchen in an extension to the house. The dead woman's naked body was still lying inside the house, next to a bed.

A particularly depressing addendum to the story of a passenger jet shot down in Ukrainian air space: Of the 298 people on board, roughly 100 were people flying to an international conference on AIDS research.






The theory suggests that the transition from black hole to white hole would take place right after the initial formation of the black hole, but because gravity dilates time, outside observers would see the black hole lasting billions or trillions of years or more, depending on its size.




Chikungunya is a mosquito-borne illness that has no cure. On the plus side, it's unlikely to kill you. On the downside, if you catch it, treatment is about easing the discomfort of symptoms and waiting for it to pass. This is a virus that exists on a spectrum. Lots of people might have it and never realize they have contracted something serious. But mosquitoes bite those people, contract the virus, and then spread it to somebody else who could end up with debilitating pain lasting for weeks.



No time for many comments on these images....


Same person...


And they caught it on film...

Eyebrows...

Bottled tan...


I don't think this is what you think it is...




Utah school covers up flesh...



Ten traits of creative people...
 Yeah, I nailed it...especially #6.
Speaking of....
Somebody else posed my proposal...
Just to see how shallow the rules are.


Lighten up on these people...
 They make an appointment and have no idea whether it will take five minutes or thirty minutes. I won't allow my doctor to apologize for being late, knowing they were helping someone else with far worse problems than I.



I have no idea why I stored this image, but I'm sure I wanted to say something snarly...

There is a joke in here somewhere...

Oh, stop. Just stop...

Back when they encouraged you to climb the pyramids...

Never have been a big fan of "milestones"...

More photographer's instructions I would have liked to hear...




 Oh, I bet you will.

A man and his wife...


No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive