About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

TUESDAY #2137


NEWSY BITS...


The researchers suggest that autism may be rooted in an impaired ability to predict events and other people’s actions. From the perspective of the autistic child, the world appears to be a “magical” rather than an orderly place, because events seem to occur randomly and unpredictably. In this view, autism symptoms such as repetitive behavior, and an insistence on a highly structured environment, are coping strategies to help deal with this unpredictable world...

***********


*************
Plane used to put out a highway fire...

************

*************
Shit they don't tell you on the cable news...

 *************

Nicolas Belmonte—Technical Lead for Data Visualization at Twitter—has created an impressive interactive 3D visualization of the world's temperature anomalies since 1800 using data from NASA.

My daughter did something very similar to that with emissions from Jupiter.

************
Ever read Kafka? Well, this is about the most Kafkaesque thing I've ever read:

In 2008, Florida Judge Raul Palomino Jr. urged a 17-year-old to think of how distressed her Catholic parents would be if they discovered her secret abortion. In a 2006 Florida case, a girl testified she wasn't financially or emotionally equipped to raise a child—a claim, the judge ruled, that proved she wasn't mature enough to choose abortion. Three judges denied petitions because becoming pregnant by accident indicated a young woman was too immature to choose abortion.




(insert title)


It’s a good day to have a good day….and it’s as simple as that.


Meanwhile in Australia...


Have you ever handed a stripper a five and asked for change? Don’t.



People love staring at these...


How come know-it-alls don’t know how annoying they are?



What part of Alabama do you think they are from?


I once posed nude for an art class. They didn’t ask me to…… they were making ceramic bowls.


 The small print says: National Association of Divorce Lawyers.

Remember these?
Of course you don't remember them, you fucking baby.

I caught my wife cleaning the house for “no reason”, and now I have a mystery to solve.



Learning how to climb...


When I feel desperate, it’s very depressing to realize that even male prostitution isn’t an option anymore.


200 year old beer recovered from a Baltic Sea shipwreck...

 Speaking of...
I think this was made by tilting a glass half full of water in the freezer. I like it.


As part of the 125th anniversary celebrations for the Eiffel Tower, a new 1st floor has been unveiled at the Paris landmark, complete with vertigo-inducing glass floor panels...


People who were born c-section aren’t actually “born”; they were removed. So, it’s technically Happy Removal Day.




Everyone told me not to get my degree in art, but after a lot of hard work, I have finally landed a job doing what I love most in life!


I walked into a room full of women and they couldn’t stop staring at me. Then one walked over and whispered, “You’re in the wrong restroom, dumbass.”




According to the United States Census Bureau the average travel time to work in the United States is 25.4 minutes.


Nobody craves buttery goodness like I do.





I always keep a wind chime next to the bed so I can brush my fingers across it as my wife climaxes.




Territorial Divisions Between Mexico's Various Drug Cartels

Almost beyond reason, no one was injured...


Fun Fact: When your favorite football team wins, you don't actually win. You're just drunk on a couch screaming at a TV.



How delightful...


Anyone who thinks bestiality is tasteless clearly hasn’t gone down on a chicken. Just sayin’.




Unlucky at love...


Largest vocabulary in hip hop uses more unique words than Shakespeare...
 Conclusion: When you run into a lame rhyme problem, just make up a word.


One Of My Very Own...


If Yo Yo Ma doesn't answer the phone by saying "cello" then I consider his entire life a failure.




 Have you ever texted anyone on your phone while getting a blowjob?



Go fuck yourself. 

Any of my foreign viewers want to help me out with this?
Just leave a comment. I bet it's funny.

I don't know what he did last night, but he did it in 3D...




X-ray image of a pregnant cat with six kittens.


Vincent, the first baby born from a transplanted womb.

I've often wondered if the "eye" on Jupiter was caused by a long past impact from a really large object...

Have you met my brother yet?
And, yes, that is a lamb.
But, no, sadly that is not my real brother.

There are many of these on line...
 I like them.


Robert Mitchum arrested on marijuana charges, 1948


See anything odd about this?
There's a face in the upper right quadrant.

Now let's address a topic that I know something about.

I posted this image last week.
And I got this comment from a street artist abroad:

"Another wall by Hopare. Is this less art than that portrait? How is it when someone paints an abstract work, whether it's his name or some visual mumble-jumble people consider it vandalism or at least less valuable and less art than portraits, scenery or similar stuff they see immediately what that is?"
And he included this image"
I replied in comments:
"Thanks for hanging with me man. I mean no offense. I was trained as an Expressionist. I know all about painting that are not representational. I will touch on that next week also."
Well, it's been a week and here's my opinion on street art...again.
This appeared on the side of a building one block from my house...
It lasted about three days before the owner paid money to have it covered up. The art was deemed so vile that someone PAID money to have it removed.
And no matter what you paint on trains, your tax dollars are spent to remove it...
So let's consider a worth scale based on the same logic as every other market in the world. If someone will pay you for something, it has worth. If someone elects to pay good money to have your "gift" removed, then perhaps...just perhaps, it has less worth.
The public has spoken with their money and you fat letter guys have been deemed unworthy - not by me - but by just about every person in your city.
I have an idea. How about you see a wall with good visibility and you think it needs some artwork, then find the building owner, share your ideas and maybe, just maybe, he will pay for it...or at least buy the paint.
Now, I know all the arguments. I know Banksy doesn't get permission. But if you or me using that argument is like comparing yourself to Picasso. Banksy is in a league of his own....and....AND each of his pieces are fresh, new and inspiring.
Fat letters are so fucking stale. They have been done to death. I know there are unique details to each fat letter style, but come on....over and over and over and over again? Please.
And remember, if your "art" is only slightly better than a acne-faced 13 year old's, then you need to reassess your style.
That this example....
A £1.5 million Bugatti Veyron...

Vandalism at it's finest. You want to be a bad boy? THAT is the way to be naughty.
Painting yet another subway train just doesn't interest anyone any more...especially the crew who has to clean them off periodically.
Why not try to discuss your ideas with the guy who owns the building? Have you ever tried it? How about giving something original to a school or civic center? I have given some murals away just for the publicity. You might want to try it.

Lastly, I am the last person in the world to accuse of liking something solely because is is representational and disliking things because they are "abstract". 
I'm the guy who invented the Painting Machine, which allowed me to raise and lower various parts of a very large canvas in such a way that the paint took very interesting routes across the canvas....a paint by gravity, as it were. I'm the guy with non-representational painting all over my house. I love "abstract" art.
The reason that I don't post much abstract art murals is that you never see any good ones on the internet...or at least on the sites I frequent. If you run across some, send them to me. I would really like to see some great large scale murals like that.
Thank you.



2 comments:

Spider Borland said...

Your "fired" mosaic made me sad once I realized that those were just placed tiles. Someone didn't place all those piece in my floor... they just laid tile. Poorly.

Anonymous said...

The Russian post ....not worth this tym!

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive