About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Friday, July 17, 2015

FRIDAY RT4 #2404ILL

One Of My Very Own...
Note: I actually bought a dog for my old mother one time and she loathed it.



Take my money....please.

>
So one day, like this guy, you are going to die and within a couple of generations no one will even remember your name, much less how much money you made or your high score on Grand Theft Auto. So live a life that makes you happy. Not happy now? Then change something.
 That is President John Tyler.

>

>
 Check these out...
 He's got some new work.

Randall Rosenthal hand-carves realistic sculptures of everyday objects from single blocks of wood.

>
I have posted several pictures similar to this. It just blows my mind.

Spectacular rice fields in China. Talk about taking control of one's environment.



Redneck Avengers
 Thin line between White Trash and Whore.


>
This is great!

>

Some 150 demonstrators of all ages gathered on Sandymount Strand on the east coast of Ireland on Saturday morning to carry out an unusual protest. 
Illustrating ignoring climate change by burying their heads in the sand. 
You hire a scientist to say whatever you want him to say, but case for climate change is similar to this other problem.
At some point you have to look at the sheer number of research papers, and in both cases the volume is overwhelmingly on my side.

>
See anything odd?
The mural on the building is meant to be seen in reflection.

As is my habit, I will post anything that has to do with cash.

It’s on the……..dollar menu. 

>
Everything you've never wanted to know about kaan saaf wallahs.

India's traditional roadside ear de-waxers, called kaan saaf wallahs, are known by the red handkerchiefs on their heads. They charge around 15 cents per ear, and one ear cleaner interviewed by the LA Times says he gets about 12 customers per day. He lives in a room shared by 15 men.


>
If you ever want to enlarge an image, it's really easy with one of these...
Putting the image on a plastic sheet is a snap, just make sure you use the kind with one non-shiny side. And you may be able to check one out from the library.


>
The glaciers I saw in Alaska were just this blue.

>

You can get a good look at a butcher’s ass by sticking your head up there, but wouldn’t you rather just take his word for it?


>
Too soon?

>
Notice he picked someone who couldn't catch him.

>

Blade Runner is set 4 years from now in 2019. This picture is Beijing, today

>

If there are other people in it, why do you call it a selfie?


>
He was voted most likely to engage in Stupid Assedness.

>
Holy Freaking Jesus!
 I have NEVER been so poor that I would even consider doing that for money.

>
 Another case of using a language dictionary to translate your message.

>
A traffic signal in Peru.
 Who would have thought the Peruvians were this witty?

>
Caption said he found this granite cut like this in a motel room.
 I'm pretty sure that is not granite, but rather a granite looking synthetic.

>

>
Funny how I found this in front of a church.
Yes, like all the beast of the field were created in one day. 

>

You can visit a spa in Naftalan, Azerbaijan and relax in a bath of crude oil, a medicinal treatment that apparently goes back to the 6th century.



>
 It's in their genes.

>
Need help breathing? Happy to be of service.

>

Whoever invented crunchy peanut butter was probably just lazy.


>

>

>

These Muslim women in the fabric shop won't stop staring at me.

>

Every single problem in most of our lives can be attributed to us not being millionaires.


>
Neuron misfires...

THERE WILL BE A POST ON WEEKENDS WHILE I'M ON MY ROADTRIP.


A suggestion first made by Roger Fisher in the March 1981 issue of the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists:

There is a young man, probably a Navy officer, who accompanies the President. This young man has a black attaché case which contains the codes that are needed to fire nuclear weapons. I could see the President at a staff meeting considering nuclear war as an abstract question. He might conclude: “On SIOP Plan One, the decision is affirmative, Communicate the Alpha line XYZ.” Such jargon holds what is involved at a distance.

My suggestion was quite simple: Put that needed code number in a little capsule, and then implant that capsule right next to the heart of a volunteer. The volunteer would carry with him a big, heavy butcher knife as he accompanied the President. If ever the President wanted to fire nuclear weapons, the only way he could do so would be for him first, with his own hands, to kill one human being. The President says, “George, I’m sorry but tens of millions must die.” He has to look at someone and realize what death is—what an innocent death is. Blood on the White House carpet. It’s reality brought home.



When I suggested this to friends in the Pentagon they said, “My God, that’s terrible. Having to kill someone would distort the President’s judgment. He might never push the button.“

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re:Oomvo. Can definitely see the resemblence

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Nic Cage will resort to cheesy commercials again after his next bankruptcy?

psm

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive