About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

TUESDAY #3666

One Of My Very Own
 <>

EMAIL: ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com
<>

NEWSY BITS


<>

One of my bestest young friends and bartender is a huge Eagles fan and now that my Packers are out of it, I have adopted the Eagles as my very own.
They won Sunday night when Chicago muffed this short field goal.
 He missed it twice!

News alert: 25% of the population of Chicago drops dead in massive communal heart failure



This is how you Teammate.


Cody Parkey driving home after the game tonight...

The internet can't get enough of that ending.

<>

Italian Dressing

<>

 <>

It's a visual pun. Drop me a note if you figure it out.
 <>

FUN WITH LANGUAGE


 ^1^

Notice position of tacks.
^2^

^3^

^4^

Might want to read it all.
^5^

^6^

Saw this in a closed caption in a movie and had to look it up.

What a beautiful word. 
That defines my wife!
^7^

<>
Why do British people still eat like they are in the 1800s and don't have electricity?

<>
 <>

HUMANS BEHAVING OBTUSELY


Rather dramatic lane change.
 ^8^

^9^

This is a directive women obey because somebody wants to make some money. You are better than that, ladies.
 ^10^

Oh, I'm not done yet. I can just hear some women whisper, "No, I do it to render my natural self more appealing to men." Seriously? I'm a man and I know once the clothes come off I have NEVER looked a woman's face.
Don't believe me? Let me ask you if in the clip that woman was standing there naked, would you even have noticed her lip? No. No, you wouldn't've. 
^11^

And imagine the tables being turned.
 ^12^

^13^

Moving on...

White people
^14^

 The homeowners checked the camera before opening the door.
Probably to get revenge for the lawn jockey in the front yard.
^15^

^16^

Speaking of...
Tennis legend Martina Navratilova is accused of being 'transphobic' in a furious Twitter row after suggesting people born male should not be allowed to compete in women's sports. Sounds like a hero to me.
She's an openly, lesbian married woman who has EXPERIENCE in all aspects of the dispute (Professional athlete, Lesbian, LBGT supporter, Married to partner) and so, she MORE than qualifies to stand her ground on her position here and they can't do ANYTHING about it.
LGBT campaigner and former Wimbledon champion branded 'transphobic'?! Looks like they have a problem on their hands, trying to spin this one.
'Clearly, that can't be right. You can't just proclaim yourself a female and be able to compete against women. There must be some standards, and having a penis and competing as a woman would not fit that standard,' Navratilova said.

^17^

 Damn.
^18^



Hundreds of years of scientific experimentation vs one hour Googling handpicked sites.
^19^

<>
My wife threw her bra on stage at a concert once. It landed somewhere in the flute section.

<>
<>

PEOPLE AMUSING THEMSELVES AND HOPEFULLY YOU


Cattle guards are used in preventing livestock from walking over them.
^20^

 I used to draw faces upside down on paper plates at a bar in which I hung out. They displayed them on a wall.
^21^

How to drink a six-pack in one go.
I do not recommend doing that.
^22^

This looks like me when I was still fuckable. I would skirt the crowd looking for an attractive young woman who looked approachable.
^23^

 Nice segue to the next section.
^24^

<>
Be the villain you were born to be. Stop waiting for someone to come along and corrupt you. Succumb to the darkness yourself.

<>
That took me longer than it should have.
<>

LIFE IS BUT A STAGE


This is the way my wife said hi when I first met her. Classic come-hither look. I loved it.
 If you don't know the film from which she originated, you've have missed a treasure.
^25^

^26^

I thought this a very terrifying scene.
^27^

Sandra Bullock with dirty nails in Bird Box.
 She has been struggling in the wilderness, and I really appreciate the attention to detail like that.
^28^

I never realized they taxied that fast.
^29^

 ^30^

Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Victor Borge.
^31^

Ol’ Musky personally lands a SpaceX rocket in the ocean (colorized)
^32^

<>
If you put a pancake on a turntable it plays "Who Let The Dogs Out" and scientists have no idea why.

<>
<>

OBJECTS OF INTEREST


But imagine if they were molded to fit the roof and hood and were mounted on electric cars. Those cars mostly just sit out in the sun all day while you are at work.
^33^

Its look at the camera at the end is eerie.
^34^

One of my favorites.
^35^

Wait for it...
^36^

 How I feel watching the nightly news.
^37^

 ^38^

50 years ago arguably the most important photo ever taken by any human was captured by Apollo 8 astronaut Bill Anders.
 ^39^

 <>
 <>

 <>

 <>

 ????
<>

 <>

 I call that being on the trailing edge of history.
<>

 <>

<> 

 <>


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Parkey didn’t miss it twice. He made the first despite the time out, and that 2nd attempt was tipped. And I’m not even a bears fan. But typical of a packers fan to jump on the eagles bandwagon ;)

Anonymous said...

YES to having the original Folio Olio blog back up.
Congratulations!
Towanda

Scott James said...

Goose Bumps

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive