About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Saturday, February 16, 2019

SATURDAY #3705

One Of My Very Own
 <>

EMAIL: ralh.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com
<>

 <>

 <>

 MISANTICIPATING THE CONSEQUENCES

 ^^1^^

^^2^^

 God that had to hurt! She looks so very pathetic.
^^3^^

I blame her instructor.
I always let them get a grip on the weapon, then I tried to pull it out of their grasp. I've never had anyone lose control of the gun. 
^^4^^

Having hired hundreds of young inexperienced men for my mural crew I can relate to that.
^^5^^

That should have been foreseeable.
^^6^^


We're going to need a bigger bucket.
^^7^^

^^8^^

I'm surprised that shit like that doesn't happen more often.
^^9^^

Stupid bastard
^^10^^

<>
The 1st rule of family gatherings is to always bring your own vehicle so you can leave when you can't take it anymore.

<>
<>

 EXTRAORDINARY IMAGES

Problem-solving sumbitches.
^^11^^
 
All he sees is an interloper in his territory. 
^^12^^

A view few ever see.
^^13^^

This stone marking the grave of the Russian composer Alfred Schnittke depicts a whole rest beneath a fermata, marked fortissimo (an extremely long, emphatic silence).
A fermata (also known as a hold, pause, colloquially a birdseye or cyclops eye, or as a grand pause when placed on a note or a rest) is a symbol of musical notation indicating that the note should be prolonged beyond the normal duration its note value would indicate. Exactly how much longer it is held is up to the discretion of the performer or conductor, but twice as long is common. It is usually printed above but can be occasionally below (when it is upside down) the note to be extended.
^^14^^

^^15^^

I'm not sure I can discern how that can be. 
^^16^^

^^17^^

Old Liz playing with her toys.
^^18^^

Cheap date?
^^19^^

<>
People from the midwest say things like "Why would I fly it's only a 14-hour drive.

<>
<>

 PATHOS

How he asks to be groomed...
 ^^20^^

^^21^^

What really frightens me about this whole thing is the anti-science mindset that is sweeping America - flat earth, denying climate change, the faked moon landing, and, of course, vaccine hysteria. 
^^22^^

 I'm thinking people who live in neighborhoods like this get post-traumatic stress just growing up.
^^23^^

I allow images to affect me emotionally. That one takes me back when I was a carefree youth giggling with glee...and soaking wet.
^^24^^

And that is just another reason I'm against capital punishment.
^^25^^

<>
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

<>
<>

S.T.E.M. MATTERS

A robot whose sole purpose is to keep cats off of surfaces. And it works well. 
 Until the little bastard knocks the robot off the counter, that is.
^^26^^

We have certainly come a long way in that area. 
^^27^^

Hot and cold water seen through a thermal camera...
 
^^28^^

F-15 with inspection panels open.
 ^^29^^

Air-Filled Tent Lets Scuba Divers Camp Out Underwater
^^30^^

Another image of Ultima Thule
Moons and planets are just sitting up there waiting on us. Asteroids are zooming about and we have to hunt them down.
^^31^^

<>
When wearing a baseball cap, you may position the brim at either 12 or 6 o'clock. All other angles are reserved for rappers and the handicapped.

<>
 <>

 
ON A PERSONAL NOTE

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
I cheated on tests in college. You can't get a bachelor's and master's in under 3 1/2 years without cheating some. 
^^32^^

 For years I spent my break at school playing Chip's Challenge, which is very similar to this game.
I finally finished it and did some research. It was declared the hardest game to finish. I tend to agree. 
^^33^^

I would always give my crew members nicknames like that. I would call all "Tree Guys" down from the scaffold for further instructions, etc. 
^^34^^

I know it sounds crass, but lonely people need to lower their standards. There are fine people out there who would love the shit out of you, but they may not be your ideal. 
^^35^^

Imagine designing these shoes today if they never existed.
Then further imagine that prior to production you had experts analyze them and these experts found that they deform the toes, put undue stress on feet, ankles, and knees. They were very dangerous on many surfaces and caused accidents. They are a driving hazard in an emergency. But all that research is dismissed when you learn that women will pay huge amounts of money for them and they don't even know why.
^^36^^

 
The missiles I maintained were made by Huges (as in Howard) Aircraft and all of them required a special screwdriver. It had a modified Philips head with an offset cross. Only Huges sold these, of course.
^^37^^

^^38^^

All things Ralph...
^^39^^

 I've often wondered why they didn't have a computer in the store to aid in your searches.
 ^^40^^
 
I've done that a hundred times. I will never forget "Ready on the right, ready on the left,  ready on the firing line. Commence fire."
Those men who look like they are just standing around are there in case you turn around with your weapon and they will literally knock you out.
^^41^^

Stupid bastard. I have used a table saw all my adult life and I respect it very much. I would never put my flesh that close to the blade. I would use another piece of wood to push the other one all the way through.
^^42^^

I minored in history and only needed 3 more hours to become certified as a history teacher. I love knowing things like this:
The only country to fight on both sides during WWII. 
^^43^^

<>
Scientists have two jobs: figuring out how the world works, and figuring out how to explain it to morons.

 <>
 
<>

 
LAST LAUGHS

 Well, she's gone.
English humor
^^44^^

 ^^45^^

I would check to make sure I still had all my organs. 
^^46^^

 ^^47^^

 ^^48^^

 ^^49^^

 <>
 <>

 Rich people hire lawmakers to pass those loopholes, and it is a disgrace.
<>

The changing of the seasons - illustrated
 <>

 <>

 <>

 <>

 <>

 Yes, that is who you think it is.
 <>

 <>

 <>


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am regular visitor, how are you everybody? This piece of writing posted at this site is truly fastidious.

Anonymous said...

I've been browsing online more than 4 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours.
It's pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all webmasters and
bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be a lot more useful than ever before.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, after reading this amazing post i am also delighted to share my
know-how here with friends.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive