About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

WEDNESDAY #3702

One Of My Very Own
 <>

A REMINDER THAT MY ADDRESS HAS CHANGED SLIGHTLY DUE TO REASONS.
EMAIL: ralh.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com
<>

 <>

This is me as my blog hits approach pre-Google mishap hiatus.
<>

 <>

 WAIT...WHAT?

What Happens Next?
 A. Another plane passes dangerously close.
B. A part of the plane flies by.
C. The window falls into the cabin.
D. Milk.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
D. Milk.
^^1^^

Excellent advice.
^^2^^

 Give that bird a contract!
^^3^^

How clever.
^^4^^

Speaking of...
I'm thinking the ram ended up with some holes in it.
^^5^^

No time for games...
^^6^^

Whenever I see a picture like this...
I think of the creepy guy in their room with a camera.
^^7^^

Yet no snow on the car...?
^^8^^

Looks like a normal enough pedestrian bridge...
 ^^9^^

<>
Understand paranoid people better by following them around.

<>
<>

 AMUSING LANGUAGE

^^10^^

^^11^^

^^12^^

In the South where I live, college students wear boots and shorts or a parka and flip-flops. They just can't figure it all out at once.
^^13^^

That is so very true of my young bartenders.
^^14^^

 ^^15^^

^^16^^

^^17^^

^^18^^

^^19^^

^^20^^

 
Well, it was a pretty big deal.
^^21^^

*MNBT
^^22^^

<>
Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Take advantage of that.

<>
 <>

 S.T.E.M. MATTERS

The F-117 is designated to be a fighter. Then when we discovered that our "regular" jets could kick anybody's ass it was decided not to risk something so pricey just to shoot down someone else's fighters.
^^23^^

A video has emerged of the moment a Russian bomber plane was blown apart and engulfed in flames before crashing in a blizzard.
Three of the four crew members aboard the Russian Tu-22M3 were killed in the tragic incident in the Arctic last week. 
During the dramatic footage - which shows the full scale of the terrifying incident - the plane approaches the runway at speed and touches down. However, the aircraft bounced and starts breaking up and quickly erupts into two fireballs - one in the cockpit section which breaks away from the rest of the plane. 
The clip was taken at the Olenya air base above the arctic circle and clearly shows the plane's heavy impact with the runway.
^^24^^

Images of what appears to be a new unmanned strike drone have emerged from Russia. The aircraft is believed to be the Sukhoi “Okhotnik” (“Hunter”) heavy strike drone, under development since 2011. Okhotnik is designed to strike targets on the ground in support of manned aircraft, destroying air defenses and headquarters units.
^^25^^

Latest estimate of what it might have looked like.
 ^^26^^

Instant Letter Folder
I could have folded it in the amount of time it took him to get it in the fucking machine. 
^^27^^

^^28^^

Name a condition and it seems like Western medicine has a pill one can take to prevent it. Heart problems, muscle aches, stomach conditions, even anxiety, and depression are treatable with the pop of a carefully planned pill. Now scientists are even working on a pill to help combat loneliness.

Years ago I posted a story about a man caught fucking his neighbor's horse for the second time and the man's sister stated that it was because he had forgotten to take his medication. I opined about there being a pill to stop men from fucking horses and a pharmacy professor wrote to inform me that indeed there is such a pill.
^^29^^

The mimosa pudica will fold their leaves when their environment is disturbed. I think that if a deer sticks his nose in for a nibble it would behoove it to look unappetizing.
^^30^^

^^31^^

Tires 2.0
^^32^^

<>
I used to love correcting people's grammar until I realized what I loved more was having friends.

<>
<>

 
 PEOPLE DOING THINGS I CAN'T OR WON'T

 ^^33^^

Hand pulled noodles.
 ^^34^^

This man is Steven Pruitt. He has written 35,000 original articles and made 3 million edits on Wikipedia, which amounts to roughly a third of the website's content.
He was named as one of the 25 most influential people on the internet by Time Magazine. The unsung hero of generations of past, current and future students.
I bet he'd kick ass at Jeopardy.
RH: The trick is that he did that years ago when there weren't nearly as many articles. I still thought it was cool. 
^^35^^

^^36^^

A guy as old as I am sat at the bar about four stools away from me. Within minutes a younger friend sat next to me and we were interrupted by that old man asking me, "Were you at Woodstock?" I just said, "Of course I was." And he replied seriously, "A guy that looked just like you peed on me at Woodstock." My young friend laughed, but I came back with, "Yeah, that was me. I peed on a lot of guys that day." We all laughed and I have never seen that old guy since. 
^^37^^

That is far too alcohol to be just beer, there must be massive quantities of liquor involved. 
^^38^^

Don't even think about doing that you own damn self. 
^^39^^

Wait for it...
 ^^40^^

 <>
 <>

 WHY STUDENTS IN THE NORTH SCORE BETTER ON STANDARDIZED TESTS THAN STUDENTS IN THE SOUTH
A question on a 5th-grade math test included a reference to LaGuardia Airport. ALL of my students froze like deer in headlights when they came upon LaGuardia, which they had never heard of. And remember, LaGuardia had nothing to do with the math question. It could have easily be changed to "An airport" to measure the student's math mastery.
 <>

 <>

 <>

 <>

 <>

 <>


 <>

 <>

 <>


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really good one today, Ralph. You are at the top of your game, and I am entertained. Australia, Woodstock… Great stuff.

But I am calling bull on the guy making 3 million edits to Wikipedia. If he made 100 edits a day, every single day, it would take him 82 years to hit the 3 million mark. Anyway, keep up the good work.
-Paul

Anonymous said...

Thanks , I've just been looking for info approximately
this subject for ages and yours is the greatest I've discovered
till now. But, what concerning the bottom line? Are you certain concerning the supply?

Anonymous said...

What's Going down i'm new to this, I stumbled upon this I've found It
positively helpful and it has aided me out loads. I hope to give a contribution & assist
other users like its helped me. Great job.

Anonymous said...

I want to to thank you for this very good read!!

I absolutely enjoyed every little bit of it. I have got you book marked to look at new stuff you post…

Anonymous said...

Hi there, the whole thing is going fine here and ofcourse every one is sharing
facts, that's really excellent, keep up writing.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive