About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Saturday, July 13, 2019

SATURDAY #3852

One Of My Very Own
 <>

EMAIL: 

ralh.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com

<>





 <>

Presently I have twice as many blog hits from Sweden as I do from the USA. I have no idea why.
 <>

These are not the US Women's Soccer team, but it reminded me of them.
 They, predictably, went hog wild after their victory and posted tons of naked photos of them frolicking in their hotel rooms. I will not post these pictures but thought you ought to know they are available.
<>

 <>


PERSONAL OBSERVATIONS


Vegans are cool...
But they can't seem to leave the rest of us alone. There are, I assume, many reasons to eschew the eating of flesh - the cruelty factor seems legit. But all the health dangers of meat seem to be exaggerated at best and flat out lies at the worst.
I tend to trust the millions of years of meat eating experience mankind has amassed and within reason, we seem to have progressed quite nicely.
^^A1^^


The American Bison


I have long held that the bison, instead of Bald Eagle, should have been our national symbol.
^^A2^^


I'm old, everything hurts, and I'm tired all the time. Can I get a time machine so I can go back and slap my younger self for wanting to grow up so fast?
And with all this time to prepare, you would think we would be less traumatized by the inevitable.
 But no. It still seems to come as a surprise.
What shouldn't come as a surprise is what happens to your body once it is lifeless.

My one time brother in law put himself through college working in a mortuary. The things that are done to your loved one's body would sicken a weaker man.
But a bunch of folks takes refuge in the "fact" that their loved one will live in a mansion next door to Jesus and wear a crown.

These same people can't even tell you what heaven looks like, what it smells like, where it is, whether you will be naked, whether you can recognize loved ones, etc, etc, etc.
Of course, you will, Sparky. Of course, you will.
^^A3^^

Maybe you thrill seekers should look for your adrenaline rush in a more productive arena...like firefighting.
You do that a few times and you will kiss those skydiving lessons goodbye.
^^A4^^

Waste of beauty sickens me.

If I won the lottery the first thing I would do is restore a treasure like that.
^^A5^^

A massive boulder slipping around on top of a fountain.
 As an artist, I always study art to determine if I could use the techniques in my own work.

I have an unquenchable thirst about such knowledge.

^^A6^^

Being a visually oriented kind of guy, I pick out shit like this instantly.
^^A7^^

 This fascinating children's game is called Ambulance Operator.
The manipulations required are staggering. 
https://i.imgur.com/J46FWtO.mp4
I could watch my grandson play with that all day.

BTW Many of the clips I want to show you are too large for my blog host to handle. I don't know why. But I have found a way around it - with the quick look site address that should be very easy and fast to access. After viewing just hit the return arrow in the top left to take you back to Folio Olio.
^^A8^^


Because of gum problems I have my teeth cleaned four times a year and have been doing so for 20 years. The last time I got a new lady that I now refer to as the dental hygienist from hell. 
It's been almost a week and I still haven't been about to brush my teeth and it is painful to eat.
I stopped her mid-procedure and she asked if I was Okay. I said that I was, in fact, NOT OKAY. I explained that I have had my teeth cleaned four times a year for twenty years and none of the other hygienists had hurt me or caused me to bleed. I asked her if I was bleeding and she confirmed my suspicions. She then asked if I would like to be assigned a different hygienist on my next visit and I laughed. She took that as a yes.
^^A9^^

As most of you know I have a thing - a hatred - of high-heeled shoes.

The image above illustrates the position of the foot that many women elect to subject themselves to...all day...every day.
^^A10^^

Making a Rasp

 How people make things by hand is a subject of which I will never tire.

https://i.imgur.com/4xQUfVR.mp4
^^A11^^

The pollen from this tree..
Where I live it's that time of year. There is so much pollen on my windshield every morning that when I try to wash it off it turns into a gooey mud paste that is almost impossible to remove. 
^^A12^^

ON WRITING
Writing my novels was the hardest work I have ever attempted. But I loved every minute of it. Advice on writing is under every rock and here are but a few.




I once discussed using too much description with a professional writer. As an example, I related a book that told the reader how many barstools were in a bar; the color of the carpet; and the exact lighting fixture, etc. I further explained that I felt the need to set the mood of the room but didn't know how to do it succinctly. He said, "How about 'He walked into the bar under the crystal chandelier' as opposed to 'He walked into the bar past the torn boxing poster.'"


The above doesn't mean I'm smarter than other people. It means I have had a ton of experience that may aid you on your journey.
^^A13^^

PHOTOGRAPHY I FELT WORTHY OF SHARING


 Notice the different textures.

Capturing Drama



Seeing something worth capturing that no one else noticed.

I'm not a big fan of staging photographs, but sometimes it works.


Everybody likes backlit window scenes.


 Yeah, I know it's not a photo, but it looks like a photo and I like it.
^^A14^^

<>
I heard that goose is the plural and the singular is goo.

<>

<>

S.T.E.M. MATTERS



Can I assume the heat is provided by human bodies?
^^B1^^

 ^^B2^^


And to think they were theorized long before they could be seen.
But...
 https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-first-image-ever-of-a-hydrogen-atoms-orbital-struc-509684901
^^B3^^


 Who knew?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgMnEDmx2sg
^^B4^^

Weight of the sand bottle is decreasing over time causing the sand pendulum in motion to create a pattern.

It wasn't what I expected.
https://i.imgur.com/NFxxT3Y.mp4
^^B5^^

Shockwave On the Sun Following a Solar Flare

https://i.imgur.com/ZajaPxH.mp4
 ^^B6^^


I think that the cars should carry their own transformers so that any normal extension cord could recharge it damn near anywhere. 
^^B7^^


 Once again the Mayflies in Ohio are visible on radar.
^^B8^^

SHARING OUR PLANET

Dude, I think something is following us...

https://i.imgur.com/yJZd4SR.mp4
We can all agree that wild killer animals should not share the same neighborhood as little human children. The question is, who should move or be moved out of that neighborhood?

Poultry in Motion
Do you think he feeds them across the moat to give them needed exercise? Could be.

Speaking of birds, city birds have an easy time finding food, I guess, but a city is a hot place when covered by so many feathers.


This guy tells his bird story:
"I moved into a new house in April and we have a mated pair of crows who hang out in our yard. I started feeding them peanuts, cat treats and hard-boiled egg yolks a few weeks ago. The female (pictured) has become pretty friendly."
 
 "This morning, I was feeding her chicken liver cat treats. She flew off and returned a few minutes later and dropped this in front of me. I’ve always heard that they sometimes do this, but it’s super awesome to experience it first hand!"
^^B9^^



<>
While writing a blog I have to be very careful about spelling because if two letters get mixed up the entire post is urined.

<>


<>

PEOPLE NOT AT ALL LIKE US


Three people were reportedly killed during the filming of Noah's Ark (1928) when 600,000 gallons of water was dumped on extras during the filming of the flood sequence. The incident led to the adoption of new rules on movie stunt safety.
^^C1^^


^^C2^^

Speaking of my visual acuity, I instantly knew who this guy looks like. Want to guess before you scroll?
 Arguably one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time.
Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Aaron Rodgers. 
^^C3^^

The games men play.
 This is just a normal "sports day" at a Japanese school. Forget track and field, the Japanese do capture the flag, mortal combat style.

https://i.imgur.com/3nDHggy.mp4
^^C4^^

Spicy level 1000
I like the bit where he keeps touching the filthy rags on the counter then sticks his fingers in the guy's mouth.
^^C5^^


 ^^C6^^

Marcelle Bouyer
 The small and charming Frenchwoman wearing a GI uniform is Marcelle Bouyer. She was about 16 years old when this photo was taken. GI's described her as the smallest soldier they had ever seen, no more than 5 feet and maybe 100 pounds. She volunteered to help treat wounded soldiers from the 29th Infantry Division. She had been ordered to leave the front but she refused, saying that she preferred to stay where she could make herself useful. Ignoring German fire and US Army authorities, she stayed with Company "G" throughout the Battle for Brest wearing an American uniform and red cross armbands. Occasionally, she went to the Red Cross headquarters but always returned to the front where she could bring help and comfort to the wounded.
 Photo published 1995: 115th Infantry Regiment, 29th Infantry Division GIs Warren W. Finke, Wayne W. Rankin, and Raymond E. Moon meet Marcelle Bouyer (RIP).
^^C7^^

Better luck next time Justin.
 He looks like he was pointing to the guy next to him to introduce them to one another.
^^C8^^


 https://www.barstoolsports.com/barstoolu/a-chipotle-manager-who-was-fired-for-stealing-626-just-won-an-8-million-lawsuit-after-it-turned-out-they-framed-her-as-revenge-for-filing-workmans-comp-for-carpal-tunnel-syndrome
^^C9^^


<>

I didn't mean to like your selfie I was just trying to get dried salsa off my phone.

<>
<>


LAST LAUGHS


^^D1^^

Worded to get your attention.
 ^^D2^^


 ^^D3^^


^^D4^^

He's called Karaoke Guy
Short and funny...just the way you like it.
https://i.imgur.com/7NMRF2T.mp4
^^D5^^


<>
 <>

 <>

 <>

 <>

 <>

 <>

 <>

 <>

<>

 <>


No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive