About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Monday, April 19, 2021

MONDAY #4499

One Of My Very Own

<>


EMAIL: 

ralh.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com

<>

The wife went grocery shopping this morning while everyone was in church. Every single person - including the children - wore masks. It pleased her greatly.

Next week I go to Lowe's to buy all the materials I will need for a very special project.

My wife and I still mask up because we listen to the scientists.

<>




GET LEARNT



A freshly painted M4 Sherman Tank in an infrared lamp tunnel, which is designed to cut the drying time of the paint from 24 hours to 4 minutes.

^^A1^^

^^A2^^

^^A3^^

That reminded me of the guy I met in the military who had scars in the shape of a grid covering both ass cheeks. When he was a toddler he accidentally sat on a floor furnace and couldn't get up.

Don't confuse a floor furnace grate with a vent from a central heating unit. A floor furnace gets so hot it will melt rubber shoe soles. Seriously, on cold mornings you had to straddle it.

^^A4^^


(Looking for a pic of a baby I selected that one which I think perfectly fits the headline.)

^^A4^^

Funny is not the word I would use.

Somehow we Americans now think that it's laudable to be stupid...voluntarily.

^^A5^^

That photo was taken to show the stairs leading down into the swimming area. But what I noticed was the cypress trees.

My friend, Rupert, builds with cypress because it is rot resistant. 


While reading about cypress I learned something new.


As I understand it no one knows why cypress trees have these above water growths called "knees".


And there are A LOT of knees.

^^A6^^

^^A7^^

How about polio? 

The Cuban Missile Crisis?

^^A8^^

I have not researched the accuracy of the above. However, if proven factual I would be open to a boycott.

^^A9^^

I can't look at images like this without thinking of the young couple who were geared up and charged with making repairs along the Appalachian Trail.

^^A10^^

A couple of spy stories:


^^A11-12^^

Look what I found!

I've been doing it for a year or so.


Did anybody even notice?

^^A13^^

I just finished this NYT Crossword and learned something.

Al Jaffee was a cartoonist for Mad Magazine and he predicted:

Graffiti-proof buildings

Three-blade razors

Spellchecker

Snowboarding

And

Automatic redial

^^A14^^

The last time my father smacked me I more or less cut him out of my emotional life.

^^A15^^

A graduates lament:

"I took out $15,000 of student loans and since I graduate last May I repaid $2,000 and now I am so glad to share that I only have $15,633 left to pay."


The trick is to pay a little extra each month on the PRINCIPLE. You can do this by writing Apply To Principle in the For Line on your check.

^^A16^^

<>

Just realized there has never been an easier time for teenagers to buy beer with a fake ID. “Oh, that doesn’t look like me? Really? You can tell just from the eyes? No, I will NOT take my mask off.”


<>
<>

HUMOR


Music Absurdities


It's Eithne Pádraigín Ní Bhraonáin

^^B1-6^^

We called these Paper Dolls.

^^B7-8^^

????

^^B9^^

Good as new! Top chiropractor move!

Don't get me started on these quacks. Sure, they ease back pain...for a matter of hours, but they do nothing you couldn't do yourself.

^^B10^^

I added the cigarette and even if I do say so myself I think I did it perfectly.

^^B11^^

I'm assuming that's the back of his head.

^^B12^^

Remember when we were concerned about the government eavesdropping on us. Now not so much.

^^B13^^

Here are three cartoons I just don't get.

^#1

^#2

^#3

^^B14^^

<>

When they were passing out life jackets on the Titanic, you think there were dudes saying, "Nooo! It  would make me look weak!"


<>
<>

FEATS TO IMPRESS


Wow!

^^C1^^

The dream of every corner kicker...

^^C2^^

Gramps dresses up as celebrities




He nailed almost every detail. Bravo, sir.

^^C3^^

"You're going to have fun whether you like it or not, you little shit."

^^C4^^

Board to board keg jump

^^C5^^

^^C6^^

This clip was much longer - showing numerous failed attempts which I like to see.

^^C7^^

^^C8^^

How water pipes were made from tree trunks in the 15-17th centuries

^^C9^^

<>

My conspiracy theory is that time travel IS real & someone keeps trying to fix 2020 by changing something but every time they do, they unwittingly make it worse. How else do you explain the sudden disappearance of murder hornets? They saved us from those but at what cost?!?!


<>
<>

EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED: NATURE EDITION


I think it's safe to assume that the deer is not alright.

^^D1^^

Without deer hunters, this would be your commute.

But I never knew some brake lights flashed like that during emergency stops. Nice.

^^D2^^

It's bats hanging upside down.

^^D3^^

The stuff of nightmares...

^^D4^^

How did it see through the pond scum?

^^D5^^

Life imitating art...

^^D6^^

Fast ain't they.

^^D7^^

Damn nature, you scary!

There were many comments about this with no one knowing exactly what's going on. Most thought it was being faked. You decide.

^^D8^^

^^D9^^

^^D10^^

<>

<>


<>


<>


<>


<>


<>

<>


<>






 <>

<>

1 comment:

Steve said...

Puzzle: 99

multiply left numbers by 5.5

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive