About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Tuesday, August 6, 2024

TUESDAY #5704 10 10s

 One Of My Very Own

===
===

<>

<>

10 10s

I dragged out all the leftover pieces that I’ve amassed over the years and assembled them to form ten more or less identical hanging objects. Each has a ten-dollar bill hanging from the bottom – thus the name. 

===

A TUTORIAL

#1&2: When I found the metal rings I knew I wanted to hang the pieces from a dowel.

#3: The ring is attached to the piece by leftover leather from my cash holster projects.

#4: A round washer did some weird bending of the leather so I used a Scrabble tile because of its straight sides.

#5&7 are pieces saved from dismantling an old piano in 1982.

#6 The piano pieces are joined with a brass clip manufactured to secure an identification tag to a pig's ear.

#8 Antique wooden sewing thread spool from a bag of them left in my house by the previous owner.

#9: I originally had a fender washer in the transition of the two components but hated it. So I drilled holes in quarters and used a smaller washer as a spacer.

#10 Stage curtains are supported by a long piece of channel iron with a slit in the bottom. The big end of this piece slid inside the channel iron with the thin end hanging down and secured to the curtain.

#11: Wooden discs left in my house by the previous owner. I think they were sawn off the ends of large wooden spools.

#12: The newest member of the assemblage.

#13: Another style of pig ear tag things.

#14: $10 bill with face rolled outward.

#15: I filled the void in the bottom of the test tube with BBs.

===

They now grace my kitchen window right above the sin - optimum viewing pleasure. 

<>


PART ONE

^^A1^^

Guess what this is.

.
.
.
.
.

 Lemon was left hanging on her tree, growing to this over the winter.

^^A2^^

My wife paid hundreds of dollars for a set of knives like that. I thought they were overpriced but they are just as sharp today as they were 30 years ago.

^^A3^^

^^A4^^

^^A5^^

^^A6^^

^^A7^^

^^A8^^

===
===
<>

PART TWO

^^B1^^

^^B2^^

I saw one of those in Puerto Rico but the center wasn't milky like that one. 

^^B3^^

^^B4^^

^^B5^^

Boy, that sure looks like something I built.

^^B6^^

^^B7^^

^^B8^^

===
===
<>

PART THREE

^^C1^^

^^C2^^

This is Jaime Harrison the chairman of the Democratic National Committee.

When he was running for mayor of my fair city he spent a lot of time sitting at my kitchen table talking to my wife. I like the guy.

^^C3^^

I've mentioned my friend Kent several times. He was the Editorial Page editor for our state's largest newspaper. Besides writing headlines, he would sit at a conference table for an hour with every single presidential candidate who came to South Carolina.

^^C4^^

I grew up in the South with no AC and that's how I thought candles were supposed to look. 

^^C5^^

Police use horses on this beach. What do you suppose they do with the horse shit?

^^C6^^

^^C7^^

I corrected a history professor at the university when he stated that the Boomer Generation showed their social consciousness by protesting the Vietnam War. I told him that if the draft hadn't put their lives in jeopardy the boomers wouldn't have given a shit about a war in Asia.

^^C8^^

===
===

<>


<>


<>


<>


<>






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

^^A7^^

Track ballast looks so uninteresting but when you read up on it you realize it's more than just crushed stone.

Anonymous said...

^^C3^^

His surname is Harrison. He lobbied for Podesta Group, a dodgy organization.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive