About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

TRUE: NZ judge orders 'odd' name change

A judge in New Zealand made a young girl a ward of court so that she could change the name she hated - Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii.
Judge Rob Murfitt said that the name embarrassed the nine-year-old and could expose her to teasing.
He attacked a trend of giving children bizarre names, citing several examples.
Officials had blocked Sex Fruit, Keenan Got Lucy and Yeah Detroit, he said, but Number 16 Bus Shelter, Violence and Midnight Chardonnay had been allowed.
One mother wanted to name her child O.crnia using text language, but was later persuaded to use Oceania, he said.
( The following people sent in comments on the article: Shanmuga, Craig Gogay, Laslo Panaflex, Jenna Dana Bananarama Rater, Egnorwiddle Waldstrom and Mangled Brown Fence Post - almost all of these comments involved the dislike of their name)
*****
*****
This guy strings this blow-up thing through things then inflates them. He has even done whole buildings. I like it. *****
What happens when two type A personalities meet. *****
Would somebody please help me understand this? I just don't get it.
*****
"So, have you and Marc had sex yet Chelsea?" asked Hillary.
"Well, not according to dad."
*****
*****
When I was growing up, the TV didn't have to tell us not to try this shit at home...we weren't retards back then.
*****
Cosmetic Aisle Oxymoron
Speaking of oxymorons.... *****
A friend of mine called a local restaurant that had advertised that it was now serving all day breakfast.
He asked, W
hat time do you open for breakfast?
Anytime.
No, I mean what time do you open for breakfast?
We serve breakfast all day everyday, sir.
The question is what time do you open?
I have no idea! I am the closer. I don't open.
When does the store open its doors?
Early.
******
What a great idea. I like the fake open mustard packet cause you can just slip it in you shirt pocket. Brilliant!
This next one has to be the stupidest thing I have ever seen for sale. *****
WORLD'S LARGEST BARBEQUE Fuck you, PETA!
*****
????????
*****
I always carry a small package of pancake mix...just in case.
*****
Making McDonalds Burgers for Dummies
*****
Did I mention that a man just got in the Guinness Book of World Records by having a cup of coffee in every Starbucks in the world. Think about that a minute. 17,133 stores in 49 countries.
*****
My wife's new bumper sticker... *****
This man is a king. Not like in England, where the monarch's major function is cutting the tape at the openings of overpasses and subway stops. When this guy says, Off with their heads....well, heads are lopped. But when you have that much power you can just command people to follow the rules that he just makes up. Like not allowing women to drive. I actually like that one. Wouldn't you love to know the accident rate of a womanless driving country compared to one that allows them. I don't think we would be very surprised. *****
This is the baby that was due on my birthday, Sept. 17, but came early. She's still special to me.
One of my very own...
A very short clip for you...and I will guarantee you that you have never seen anything like it before...

No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive