About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Your personality at age six is your personality for life. TRUE: Researchers from the University of California, Riverside compared teacher personality ratings of 144 elementary students in the 1960s to interviews those same students completed 40 years later. They found that behaviors observed by the teachers when the students were in first grade were almost always predictive of their personality in middle age. "We remain recognizably the same person," concluded Christopher Nave, who authored the study. "This speaks to the importance of understanding personality because it does follow us wherever we go across time and contexts."
*****
IT'S ANIMAL TIME....
*****
I like that device, but why in the world would they put a huge paw as a "target"? Dogs can't deal with that shit.
*****
"Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted."
*****
TRUE: A kid accidently dropped his Nintendo DSi XL into the gorilla habitat at a German zoo, and one of the big gorillas grabbed it and started to play with it.
*****
"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need."
(PERSONAL NOTE: For years I taught at schools that were (universally) referred to as "hell schools". I did this for the money. I regret it. Those days were dreaded, and I still feel guilty that I put up with it. There are always options..........ALWAYS.
*****
"Oh, look, a tool user."
*****
"Money can't buy happiness, but somehow it's much more comforting to cry in a new Porsche 911 than in a '91 Taurus with duct tape holding in the back window."
*****
*****
"I don't have a plan. I just want to sit on the patio and drink beer all summer...and fall...and..."
"Someone once told me that nothing is impossible. Bullshit! I've been doing nothing for years."
*****
No Dogs, guns, smoking....OR HAND GRENADES!!! Where the fuck do you shop?!?!
Yeah....I got a hand grenade and that sign will affect my plans...jeeeeez.
*****
"I'm so old, I found myself holding a rope and I didn't know if I had found the rope or lost my horse."
*****
This is awful. Dropping tidbits of food to captured animals?!?! DAMN!!
*****
"Help a man when he is in trouble, and he will remember you when he is in trouble again."
*****

It must smell my dog............

*****

DEAR DESTINY,

I AM READY NOW.

*****
Those zany pandas only attack WHEN THEY WANT TO!
I bet that guy wants to absquatulate to the spectator gallery.
*****
If you do not know the name of this dog, then you do not solve crossword puzzles.
In any crossword grid there are always needs for words that start and end with vowels.
This dog's name comes up often. Asta.
Other of those words include, but are not limited to: olio, oleo, apse, oslo, oboe, amie, ante, anti, urea, also, else, Alpo, epee, espy....etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.......
*****
YOU ARE NOT DEEP.
YOU ARE NOT AN INTELLECTUAL.
YOU ARE NOT AN ARTIST
YOU ARE NOT A CRITIC
YOU ARE NOT A POET
YOU JUST HAVE INTERNET ACCESS
*****
*****
"Which takes more energy - putting the toilet seat down, or bitching about it for 3 hours?"
*****
"Yeah, so what do you do for a living?"
*****
Peace-loving Muslims have been made irrelevant by their silence.

Peace-loving Muslims have become our enemy by not speaking up.

Some very smart people have mentioned that here in America Christians kill abortion doctors and blow up buildings in Oklahoma City. I offer that the difference is that every Christian (or 99.9999%) found these deeds evil and hunted them down, prosecuted them and executed them. In the Muslim world the murderers (witness Libya) are welcomed as heroes.

*****
One of my very own...
*****
"I never, ever speak in absolutes."
*****
__________________________________________________

No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive