About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Monday, June 6, 2011

BEING FRIENDS AND POKING FUN

My wife and I had a long discussion tonight over an issue that I care deeply about. Some background...


I am a very observant person. I don't move much, but I always situate myself where I have a view of what the fuck is going on. I like looking....and thinking, while I drink beer. In recent weeks I have attended a wedding and a family reunion. I have volumes of weird shit to share with you concerning each event......but....BUT my wife told me that due to the possibility of offending one or more of the participants, I should not put it in my blog. 


This is a real challenge for me. I make fun of anything and anybody.  It's like who I am. Now, for the first time, I have had clamps put on my creativity. As you can imagine, I haven't dealt with it very well. Therefore, I will now offer this disclaimer: 
IF YOU EVER INVITE ME TO ATTEND ANYTHING, THEN I WILL TAKE THAT AS YOUR PERMISSION TO SHARE EVERY SINGLE THING THAT OCCURS WITH THE WORLD....GOOD AND BAD.


Further, I can spot absurdity a mile away. I like absurdity...in that it's funny. By funny, of course, I mean anything that I wouldn't do because it costs too much money or expends too much energy for the payoff. And by payoff, I mean playing games with people's time for one's own self-aggrandizement. I'm pretty cool with that until something goes wrong. When something goes wrong and I know I had no responsibility for the mishap, then you must expect me to....share your miscue with the world....just because it's fucking funny and the world needs all the laughs it can get even if it's at your expense.  


So, those are the rules. You ask me to participate. I take mental notes. Then I share them with my readers.  From now on.  Forever.  I am going to give the wedding and the reunion a pass because the rules hadn't been all that clearly defined prior to my invitation.


Thank you for your time. You have been warned.

No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive