About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

SHIT YOU PROBABLY DON'T CARE ABOUT...

My first wife took a bunch of old slides that she ended up with after the split and had them put on CDs and gave me one. Here's a few I kind of like....

This is me and and the woman who would become my present wife. This was the one two-week period I lived without a beard and mustache since I was 22 years old. She said I looked like Eric Clapton.
 And not to brag, but that woman has only gotten more beautiful with time.
(note signage on umbrella)

Here's my normal configuration after my facial hair grew back. Interestingly, when I cut it off it was brown and when it grew back it was salt and pepper. Let that be a lesson to you younger guys.

Here I am sitting in a lawn chair next to a lake with a cigarette in one hand, a beer nearby and a smirk on my face, even though it is more or less hidden under one of the most magnificent mustaches you are likely to find....outside Turkey.

Here is my father sitting in a lawn chair next to a lake with a cigarette in one hand, a beer nearby and a smirk on his face....and a trimmed....TRIMMED! mustache. Jeeeeeeez.
 Now go back and look at my photo at the top of this page. Yeah, wow! He and I were sitting on adjacent stools in a bar one time and the bartender said, "Are ya'll kin?" My father and I just looked at each other and started laughing.

This is the funniest woman I had ever met until I met my present wife. This woman is my mother. And I miss her very much.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have her eyes, and they're very nice.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive