About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

THURSDAY #1516



Who could have seen that coming?


I think that means it can just outrun any missile fired at it.


NOTE: I want you to think of the worse pick up line you can. Think about it spoken by a homeless man. I'll give you some time then show you my selection in my One of my very own.


You've probably seen this already, a 3D printed gun.
I think they ought to work on the aesthetics...I mean, damn....that's one ugly ass gun.

Truer words have never been spoken... 


The sad moment you lose a chip in the dip so you send in a rescue chip and that breaks too.




Let's do fat people...
I'm not really into jumping on the bandwagon of taunts of these people, unless like this child, they do something stupid. In my opinion, stupid is always fair game...
But there is real evidence that these people are addicted to additives in our food. Let's pay attention to this research...

This is a tattoo. Very close to art, a trend I hope continues...

One of my favorite movies...


You don't need permission to have potato chips for breakfast?







This is a "Beard Tax" token from Russia...


Fax? Why don’t you just send it over on a dinosaur?





Life is what happens when you are on your Smartphone.


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!!




Further, think about your four fingers...disregard the thumb, now pick any finger or combination of fingers and hold them erect. Only one...ONE finger is nasty and if it is accompanied by another finger, then it's okay. What the fuck is up with that?


the sun.



I’ve noticed that when I ask for extra sauce at fast food places, and the employee acts like it’s coming out of their private stash.





Can gay people masturbate just by looking in the mirror?



Nononononono. No!

Building is normal...
 ...just built on a steep hill.


This, in my opinion, is the worse pick up line ever...
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Please share that...it's fucking hilarious...but remember where you found it.

Last photos of some famous people...
Freddie Mercury wasn’t gay. He just ran out of women to have sex with.
And I think we can all be forgiven by finding this at least a little bit amusing....I mean it is Richard fucking Pryor...


Another of my very own...


Don’t give up until you’ve reached the top…or somewhere in the middle.



 By the way, those faces are 3D and hanging on a wall.


The Treedom Project in New York City is organized to remove chains and such from trees in the city...
Well, we all need a hobby.

Was Hitler a Druid?


Things were more fun when all we had to hate was the Soviet Union.



Oooooooh........


Before we all get all holier than thou about child labor elsewhere in the world...
We need to remember that not too long ago we thought it was a dandy idea...

I taught children how to do something very similar to this...

Me thinks he is using a much too broad a brush...


I was accused today of being a “NASA apologist”.





Have you noticed that Nancy Pelosi has really let herself go?





Why aren’t there a whole bunch of green animals? I thought of this when I saw my neighbor’s cat stalking a songbird. He was creeping through the grass and he stuck out like a soar thumb. And I’m guessing birds see color, since insects that are hunted by birds are mostly green. 



Another human being I've always wanted to have a conversation with...
Does that man look like he has a give-a-shit bone in his body?


2 comments:

Jambe said...

Nietzsche also considered free will a "boorish simplicity" and abhorred the absurd egotism of individualistic ethics. He highlighted egoists' complicity in forming and maintaining class structures; when he lauded "great men" he did so whilst explicitly stating that they, too, were expendable and pointless, and that they were only "great" in the sense that they could lose themselves to maybe improve the species.

His notion of the ubermensch - and the attendant idea that we must sacrifice ourselves in pursuit of that notion - is a profoundly collectivist concept. The common appropriation of Nietzsche by Randian nuts is one of history's more profound ironies. I may've harped about that out before but it's just super-funny.

---

There are plenty of green creatures, but... accepting your premise for illustrative purposes: accidents of evolution probably account for much of coloration, and coloration isn't only a defense mechanism. There are many other functions of color which may be more important to a species than defense, e.g. intra- and interspecies communication (sexual display, group ID, warning signals, mood indicators, etc) and body-heat management (darker exteriors absorb more light energy).

Color is often a secondary effect of a more important phenomenon, e.g. hard shells or skin with teeth on it may be advantageous, and hard shells and denticles can limit color expression.

Also, green is not an effective camouflage against many predators. Several birds can see ultraviolet light, so the "colors" noticeable by humans may be irrelevant to many visual arms races (e.g. barn swallows vs flying insects).

Finally, cats, iirc, are more sensitive to movement and sound than to color variations. They're extremely effective nocturnal hunters, too (when rod cells dominate and colors are irrelevant).

Robin said...

I thought the worst pick up line was going to be "Want to come back to my place!"

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive