About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Sunday, February 15, 2015

SHORT SUNDAY ANTI-SERMON #2261



Hindu devotees go into a trance before starting their pilgrimage to the Batu Caves temple during Thaipusam in Kuala Lumpur

 It's called self-hypnosis, folks, and it's well understood. Calling it being touched by god doesn't make it true.


The Indian Dream Catcher...
 Believing that there must be some validity to this because it was invented by an ancient people neglects to acknowledge that the power elite had their own agenda.
I find giving it any sort of power is the same as this shit...

But why is this even considered a desirable thing? What am I, a puppet? If there is a god, please tell him to leave me the fuck alone, I'll take it from here.

An old man found a note from his now dead wife in a book...
Believing that you will hook up with long dead people again must be...what...comforting? Will they be naked or do people wear clothes in heaven? Will that ugly bayonet scar still distort his smile? Will they smell the same?
 _Brain hard-wired to believe in higher power?
I know two things: 1. Humans ask a lot of questions. 2. If they don't know the answer there will ALWAYS be somebody there to invent one.

And, yeah, I do think it's that simple.

"The Greatest Story Every Written"? I don't think so.
The plot has more holes than a sieve. There are more contradictions than you can count. We don't even know for sure when Eve was "made" and she was the source of the whole original sin thing.



The devil used to be an angel. God created the angels. The devil rebelled and god either could not stop him or chose to not stop him. The devil is the source of all our troubles.
You do the math. We are fucked...just like he planned.

And then there are the miracles...
You show me one amputee who prays his limb back into existence and I will accept your claims.

No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive