About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Thursday, February 12, 2015

THURSDAY #2258



Very powerful moment in a very powerful movie...

Priorities; it's all about priorities...

 Yellowstone National Park's Morning Glory thermal spring used to be deep blue but its current yellow and green hues were caused in part by tourists throwing coins, rocks, and assorted crap into the pool. The detritus has the effect of "partially blocking the underground heat source and lowering the temperature of the spring to a range habitable by photosynthetic microorganisms



The difference between “fetish” and “felony” is checking beforehand.



 Dear Gentle Reader, If you know anybody who has one of these, please send me a picture of them so we can all laugh at them.


This sort of looks like a child with an awful lot of spinning clay...
I now think it is just the shape of the potter's wheel.

 I had the misfortune of listening to a rather intelligent young man as he tried to convince me of a conspiracy....the ridiculous theme need not be illustrated.
I paraphrased the quote above about nobody being able to keep their mouth shut for long. He countered with the Manhattan Project. I tried to explain that not only were the people involved isolated in the desert, but their mail was routed through another state, their out going mail was read and there were no phone calls. And, oh, yeah, they would have hung you buy the neck until you were dead for blowing the secret. And even with all that one of our top scientists was in bed with the Soviets.




I listened to interviews with several of the survivors of the Miracle on the Hudson. Afterwards, almost all of them asked themselves if they were living the fullest lives they could. I’m thinking that’s a question that shouldn’t require a near death experience.





80% of the males born in the Soviet Union in 1923 did not survive WWII.


The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room.



I was asked to paint a mural of a historical event involving the signing of a peace treaty between the British and the Cheyenne Nation. The event was described in detail in the diary of an English officer. It was stated the "indians" showed up with their entire bodies covered in red paint as was their custom. I talked them out of depicting it as described due to the slur "Redskins," but I'm thinking the paint was the reason they were called that.

An art installation...one light bulb...
 Another art cube, this one lined with mirrors...

The way it is supposed to work...
 This is called a lack of planning ahead...


Not everyone can be happy, but everyone can be drunk.



I'm assuming the dog was put outside as punishment. 

Well, did he win? I would say yes. I saw a NASCAR driver take 3rd place and he was 20 feet off the ground when he passed the finish line.

I never expected to see something like this...

This guy rode this avalanche all the way down the mountain...
 ...And lived.

Radio Shack is closing, so they did something clever...

There is no vehicle in front of this trailer...

Best tackle ever....


Life is like an elevator: on your way up, sometimes, you have to stop and let some people off.



 Well, not any more.

 It was stated that the information above came from the census and I have no reason to doubt them.
So, we have more truck drivers than school teachers...who would have thought?



Life Hack: Use your shoe organizer to hold your candy after the diabetes takes your feet.
 Can you spell dark humor, boys and girls?


One Of My Very Own...
 A strange thing has happened...
I was running low on OOMVOs, so I pulled out a file of them that I worked on while recouping from my fall. To my horror, hardly any of them are funny! Therefore, you should expect several months of sub-par offerings. 

True headline:
Held him in a dark basement for four hours and yes, they were charged.


Photographer Eliot Elisofon...
 Designing a "World of His Own."
And if I might add, the man is a master.


 Did you notice that the eyes were always in exactly the same place?

Behold The 'Dark Side' Of The Moon...

Had we been born elsewhere...


People who kiss their family members on the lips weird me the fuck out.




 I have found this clip all over the internet...
I'm not sure I understand what is so special about it.

My Final Word...


When Opportunity knocks he’s usually there with his pal Anxiety Attack.




No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive