About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

TUESDAY #2263


Entering third week without tobacco and haven't cheated once. It IS NOT getting easier as I had anticipated. But like I've said...I am highly motivated.



Maybe George R. R. Martin just needs some..... encouragement…

It is totally illogical that you can believe the story of Adam and his rib woman AND science at the same time. No matter how you twist it, science and religion can not co-exist...

This from a young friend of mine about this:
"Glad you included Hafthór’s, affectionately known as Thor, strength feat in your blog.  He truly is a mountain of a man at 6’9 and over 400lbs.  I have met him several times and he is as nice a person as he is large.  The Icelandic community is very rich in the strength culture and some of the feats of strength go back hundreds and even thousands of years ago.  I have had the opportunity to go to Iceland and test my strength on several Manhood Stones and it was an experience of a lifetime.  Just the raw nature of lifting the Manhood Stones, some of which have been around thousands of years, was an almost mystical experience."
And here is my friend...

Saw a chameleon today, so I'm assuming it wasn't a very good one.





I remember the face of every person who doesn’t say “thank you” when I hold open the door for them.





Human beings are the cruelest of beings...sometimes.

Dead German soldiers after the Battle of Stalingrad, 1943…
The Armenian Genocide…
Leon Trotsky with his bodyguards, 1919
We, as a species, seem to have a need to kill...
My question is...
Why should we believe that life elsewhere is any different?

Mom's are a breed apart...
And I mean that.  Not because they never make mistakes, but rather that the mistakes were well meant and are easily forgiven....most of the time.


I've never finished a marathon, but one time I finished a whole bag of Peanut Butter Crunch even though the roof of my mouth was all tore up.



 Phrasing.



TRUE FACT: In 2005 a man named Ronald McDonald actually robbed a Wendy’s.




Ruth Snyder at the moment of execution. "On that fateful day (12 Jan 1928), Tom Howard, posing as a writer, arrived early in Sing Sing Prison and took up a vantage position. A miniature camera was strapped to his left ankle, the shutter release button was concealed within his jacket. As Snyder’s body shook from the jolt, Howard hoisted his pant leg and secretly snapped with a one-use camera."


 That is one bitter, bitter man.



How many potatoes does it take to kill an Irishman?

None.




An ice cream machine that stays at -30°F (-34.4°C) and cools the mixture in seconds.

This is not a spoof photo. These people actually looked like that...
 Or at least that's what I was told.

How odd...

I wonder if she is the daughter of that woman that I posted doing the same thing?


Each day of our lives you make deposits in the memory banks of our children.



This technology still blows me away...


roses are röte 
violets are blau 
german poetry night sucks 
down at the hofbräu”



One Of My Very Own...

All this needs is a clever caption to be really good...


You can get STDs from a toilet seat but only if you sit down before the other guy gets up.



Why is it that people drop cellphones much more often than they drop, say, drinking glasses, or forks, or so many other things?


Some times we all feel like a dog at a llama orgy…
 Shits been getting weird for a long, long time...

Photography at its best...
 I for one, think these people need to make more money.

That is a manequin.


Bill Nye, Ninth grader…



 Try explaining this to your insurance company...

Netflix movie that made me laugh:

DEAD SNOW: RED VS DEAD



My Final Word...

3 comments:

Spider Borland said...

Immediately had to Google "Manhood Stones." I now have a goal!

Ralph Henry said...

I want to wish you the very best of luck.
Remember, pics or it didn't happen.

Anonymous said...

Netflix
"CSA: Confederate States of America"
Set in the fictitious, modern-day Confederate States of America, this satire imagines what it would be like if the South had won the Civil War.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive